1.8

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Journey:

Jun 012018

Journey

Rear parking, backup and licensed plate lights stop working due to wires broken inside the harness coming from vehicle to rear door, all the wires were broken inside the wire loom at top of the rear door to the vehicle, this is a common problem with this vehicle, the wires break depending how many times the rear door is open/close. Stranded cable wires use in this place are bad quality, like 7 wires inside the cable.

- Lake Worth, FL, USA

Apr 222018

Journey

Master window switch quit working, bought a new switch that didnt fix it and so I did some research and see there was a recall on these vehicles for the copyright 2011, Chrysler group llc, all rights reserved February 2011 dealer service instructions for: Safety recall K07 front door wiring harnesses 2009 (jc) Dodge Journey note: This recall applies only to the above vehicles built from November 01, 2007 through November 07, 2008 (mdh 110122 through 110723) which also effects my lighting and possibly airbags. I have children that's not acceptable.

- Westfield, PA, USA

Jan 162018

Journey

Issues I have had so far: ¿car was on and running, in park, couldn¿T move it from park to drive. Had to turn car off and back on to ¿restart¿ the main computer that controls all that ¿the headlights, visor mirror lights, dashboard main light flickered worse than any other times (this happens most frequently) ¿the following dashboard lights would light up like a christmas tree: Brake, eap bas, ABS and the one that shows slippery conditions ¿odometer would go from 0 to 100 and back and forth like it was possessed many, many times ¿dings and whatever noise is made when all the above dashboard lights flickered on and off ¿random lock/unlock of doors ¿radio would randomly shut off and come back on * had to be jump started 3 times as my 13 month battery was drained to nothing took to local Dodge dealer, all they did was replace my 13 mon. Old battery and ignition fuses and sent me on my way without the issue being fixed. All the above has happened in motion or stationary except trying to move from park to drive was stationary. I posted video of this on my youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?V=mkqq1ym7shu) I strongly feel this is a faulty tipm references that have same issue as I do: Https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-durango/379400-tipm-recall-coming.html https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-durango/379400-tipm-recall-coming-3.html https://www.Chrysler.com/webselfservice/fcanorth/vininputform.jsp I also contact an online mopar representative on this issue and all they said was 'since my vehicle is over the 36,000 factory warranty, it does not matter who owns the vehicle. If there is a common issue due to a defect and not some external sources. I would recommend keeping your receipts if this ever does become the case we will send out a letter and you can submit for reimbursement.' So basically I am screwed!

- Fargo, ND, USA

Feb 202017

Journey

This is not the first time this has happened. My windshield wipers come on by themselves and will not turn off, had to remove fuse. As I was driving home from work they came on and wouldn't turn off. Then the turn signals, headlights, and dashboard lights stopped working. This car has a mind of its own and these work when they feel like it; meaning they come and go, working one second then not the next, then working again....usually they don't work and stop for a long period of time then eventually work again like nothing happened. This time I'm not so sure how long it is going to go on because it is worse and ongoing. I am finding just how dangerous it is not to be able to use turn signals, etc. I am unable to drive to work now because of the headlights! and now the rain is coming in and I am not going to be able to drive without headlights or wipers. There should be a recall on this - there are sooo many complaints! if something happens to me or my children or grandchildren there will be a lawsuit filed as there is no reason for this not to be recalled with all the complaints and danger it entails. Complaints I have read are about air bags not deploying, cars stalling in the middle of driving down the road, etc. This is totally absurd!!!!! and as bad as my car is getting these problems won't be far behind. I do not have the money to dole out for this being a single mom as it is a costly fix, which is exactly why they refuse to recall I am sure!!

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Dec 182013

Journey

Wipers come on and want stop. Signal lights want work while wipers are going.dash board dims also which makes it a hazard to drive.car has been to the Dodge dealer three times and they say that its the tipm module and its $1500 to fix. It is happening more often now. I got pulled over by the police and he told me to park the its my only transportation I think Dodge need to fix this problem U can google Dodge complaint and I am not the only one having this proble

- Troy, MO, USA

Jul 302014

Journey 6-cyl

I took the vehicle in to my normal mechainc because the taillight keeps going out & I have a bas light that keeps coming on which when on means I can't ue the cruise control. I'm also having issues with the ignition where it sometimes won't start, just clicks & when that occurs you have to put it in gear take it out & then it'll start up. My mechanic told me the tailight & all the other issues can be attributed to a bad PCM & I had to take it to the dealer. As I investigated these issues I noticed that most of these electrical issues are being posted as recalled items, but when I contacted the local dealership & Dodge directly they tell me no. How can all of the same things that are being recalled be happening with my vehicle & none of that be recalled work that needs to be done?

- Lynn Haven, FL, USA

Jan 272012

Journey 6-cyl

The car was scanned several times. It has electrical defects and shows up 17 codes, must of them active. Brakes lights and control panel don't works. When we open only the second row door, lights don't work, but if you open any front door then we have lights. Also, we have problems with the entertainment center. It was changed by the dealer a couple of times but still showing the same problem. All the dashboard lights was changed by the dealer but until now we still having the same problem, for example, gas meter goes on and off, mph meter and tachometer goes down and up while the car is moving on the road. A couple of times we were unable to turn on the car after a lot of tries. Car dealer changed battery of the car by June/2012. When this happen while driving the car I feel so insecure cause I have a 4 year old child and I afraid something bad happen to my child and me. Its so weird seen all the dashboard lights going on and off while driving, its like the car turned crazy.

- Caguas, PR, USA