Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Journey:

Mar 082018

Journey

How can you take your car to a Dodge dealer and still can't get help! why does my car read 37 codes" why is my ABS tracking light on causing me not to switch gears? why is my airbag light on at all times? why does my back up camera not come on when needed? why haven't they recalled this piece of trash they call a car? I can't go anywhwer with out it not starting and needing a jump. I'm out of about 2000 and still no answers! why haven't I received any recalls"

- Niagara Falls, NY, USA

Mar 132018

Journey

After buying the car from the dealer we drove home and stopped to get gas. The car would not start. Finally after locking and unlocking the doors it started. Since then every day I drive it I continually have issues with it starting. Once while driving down the road it shut off and stopped. Almost caused an accident. Now I can not even get it started. I have a baby and rhought this would be a perfect vechile. I can nit trust it for the safety of my child and myself. I can not be stranded in the Arkansas heat with a vechile that repeatedly has issues with starting or keep running while driving. I have had it checked and no one xan find an issue with the car. Very concerned with safety of car. Very disappointed.

- N Little Rock, AR, USA

Jul 202017

Journey

Was driving down the highway (straight) my car made a loud noise and started smoking. We pulled over right way on the side of the road called a tow truck and waited two hours for the car to be picked up. When we got it to the shop by a tow truck the shop stated that the transfer case blew up. We were in Oregon at the time.

- Box Elder, SD, USA

Feb 052018

Journey

The car completely shut off going down the road and everything electrical went crazy and the horn wouldn't stop blaring. I couldn't pull over or anything because my steering and my brakes went out. The car finally turned back on by itself and now the window wipers, blinkers, and door locks do not work.

- Eldorado, IL, USA

Mar 212017

Journey

The drivers side window button broke off. Don't have a button now to roll up or down also the drivers seat will not go up or down. Have to sit on pillows

- Merriam, KS, USA

Jan 162018

Journey

Issues I have had so far: ¿car was on and running, in park, couldn¿T move it from park to drive. Had to turn car off and back on to ¿restart¿ the main computer that controls all that ¿the headlights, visor mirror lights, dashboard main light flickered worse than any other times (this happens most frequently) ¿the following dashboard lights would light up like a christmas tree: Brake, eap bas, ABS and the one that shows slippery conditions ¿odometer would go from 0 to 100 and back and forth like it was possessed many, many times ¿dings and whatever noise is made when all the above dashboard lights flickered on and off ¿random lock/unlock of doors ¿radio would randomly shut off and come back on * had to be jump started 3 times as my 13 month battery was drained to nothing took to local Dodge dealer, all they did was replace my 13 mon. Old battery and ignition fuses and sent me on my way without the issue being fixed. All the above has happened in motion or stationary except trying to move from park to drive was stationary. I posted video of this on my youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?V=mkqq1ym7shu) I strongly feel this is a faulty tipm references that have same issue as I do: Https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-durango/379400-tipm-recall-coming.html https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-durango/379400-tipm-recall-coming-3.html https://www.Chrysler.com/webselfservice/fcanorth/vininputform.jsp I also contact an online mopar representative on this issue and all they said was 'since my vehicle is over the 36,000 factory warranty, it does not matter who owns the vehicle. If there is a common issue due to a defect and not some external sources. I would recommend keeping your receipts if this ever does become the case we will send out a letter and you can submit for reimbursement.' So basically I am screwed!

- Fargo, ND, USA

Dec 152017

Journey

Sometimes while driving, my vehicle just shuts off for no reason. It shuts off while the vehicle is in motion. Also sometimes when I turn the heater off the vehicle shuts off. It has happened once while in motion and once while stationary.

- Sulphur, LA, USA

Dec 142017

Journey

The PCM needs to be replaced. I don¿T know much about cars so I don¿T know what this means. The dealership did a diagnostic test and I was told I needed to replace the PCM.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Oct 162017

Journey

The heater core in my 2009 Dodge Journey has been an issue for the last 4 years. It has been been replaced in 2014, flushed in 2015, flushed in 2016 and now needs replace again. This is $1300 to replace the core. This is definitely a design flaw and should be replaced by Dodge at no cost to me. This is an ongoing issue with this year. I can not afford to put out that kind of money every year. This needs looked into. The passenger side had some heat but now has none. I always seems to breakdown when it is coming into the cold season. It is not fair that the consumer should have to continue to pay for Dodge's design flaw. Also, the brakes and rotors are another ongoing issue, they have been replaced numerous times at my cost. This is another ongoing issue with this particular car. All of the work that has been completed on my car are on my carfax.

- Downingtown, PA, USA

Nov 132017

Journey

No fuse warning light, won't start & interior lights don'Y work.

- Webster Groves, MO, USA

Jul 032017

Journey

Every four rotations of the ignition results in my vehicle being unable to start. I get 3 clicks with no start. The vehicle is stationary at the time of affect. I have been rendered stranded at doctor's offices due to this issue. Dodge refuses to look at it or acknowledge there are issues. Every time I have taken this vehicle to the dealership, they want $125 just to diagnose the issue.

- Roswell, NM, USA

Aug 172017

Journey

For the last 3 weeks when it gets hot outside, usual over 90 degrees my car will not start after being parked for 10 minutes or a few hours. It will click but will not turn over. I took it to a mechanic and the mechanic determined that the battery may be going bad though it held a charge. I had the battery replaced that same day which was 5 days ago for $225. Today the car did the same thing, it would click but not turn over. The vehicle had been parked for 15 minutes while I went into the hospital. A bystander said she thinks it was the battery based on the sound which I know it could not be as the battery was just replaced. I tried several times to start the car and it would not turn over. The temperature outside is 94 degrees. I looked online and saw there were several complaints in different forums from consumers with the exact same make and model. One commenter stated that if you press the brake then put the car in neutral the car should start and it would indicate that the neutral safety switch was the issue. I followed the suggestion and the car started. As I have looked through several different online forums I see this is a very common problem with this make and model however I do not see a recall issued.

- Fayetteville, NC, USA

Aug 052017

Journey

The hatch door will not unlock with the key fob or from the door unlock button on the driver's door. It was sitting in a parking lot when I tried to unlock. I also tried several hours later after it had been sitting for at least 4 hours, and nothing will unlock the door.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Jun 222017

Journey

My Dodge Journey has run great for a few years now it is having a hard time starting. I have already replaced the battery and several fuses with no luck. It also seems to loose power and have a loud tapping noise in the engine compartment when it is cold. I have taken in the car to my mechanic to get the tapping checked we change oil (even when it does not need it) and the noise will go a way. So in a summary, I ahve a no starting, phantom tapping noise Dodge joirney.

- Sheffield, IL, USA

May 022017

Journey

I was driving about 50 mph and it shut down on me and I almost had the car behind me hitting me....this is the 3rd time it happen...and no one knows what wrong with

- Defuniak Springs, FL, USA

Apr 282017

Journey

Recall on ignition, still having same issue. Dodge refuses to look at it. When starting the car, does the same thing prior to the pervious recall. Tried several time to start car, then had to have car towed, once in driveway it starts.

- Albany, OR, USA

Mar 202017

Journey

Our Journey has been in a shop, out of service for over 3 weeks. It stalls at low rpms and is difficult to start. We took it to one shop who couldn't figure out the problem and we then took it to a Dodge dealership. The dealership couldn't figure out the problem either. We took it to a 3rd shop and they tried several fixes to no avail. They think it might be a torque converter now. If that fixes the problem we'll have spent over $2000 repairing the car and not being drivable for a month. If it doesn't fix the problem then I have an issue even manufacturer trained mechanics can't figure out.

- Florissant, MO, USA

Mar 012017

Journey 4-cyl

2009 Dodge Journey. Consumer writes in regards to replacement parts not available to repair recall notice.

- Wiggins, MS, USA

Feb 182017

Journey

Own a 2009 Dodge Journey. Replaced the heater core 3 years ago. Warranty for 1 year. New coil went up approx. 2 weeks after warranty. Refused to warranty it. Paid to have another heater coil installed. Said it was warranted for 2 years. Same problem happened last week. Went and talked to dealer about warranty for this one. They said no, that it was out of warranty by 15 days. Told me to call Dodge good will department. They told me that I had to pay to have it checked first. That cost was about $80 and no guarantee that it would be covered even though it's an on going problem. An employee told me that they replace a lot of these heater coils. Obviously there's a problem. Checked on the internet about this problem and there's a lot of the same problems that I'm having, hot air on drivers side cold air on passengers side until it totally goes up. Several mechanics on the internet stated that it's a flaw in its design. 2 main problems, first seems split second it plugs with sediment very easily. Obviously very little heat when car is running.

- Watertown, NY, USA

Dec 052016

Journey

No heat or defrost on passenger side of car. This car has now had 4 heater cores replaced since new. They only last around 16000 miles to 18000 miles I'm told that they get plugged in some manor. Not sure why but after 4 times there seems to be a manufacturing issue with the Dodge parts. And after doing some research this is not the only Dodge auto that has this issue.

- Comstock Park, MI, USA