7.2

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Dodge Journey:

Jun 172019

Journey

The contact owns a 2018 Dodge Journey. While driving on the highway at an unknown speed, the vehicle lost acceleration power and the power steering went out. The contact pulled over to the shoulder and shut off the vehicle. After a few minutes, the vehicle restarted and the failure went away. The failure recurred while at a stop light. The dealer and manufacturer were not notified. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure mileage was 20,100.

- Clarkesville, IN, USA

Mar 282019

Journey

The car kept losing power in the middle of driving and no engine lights were popping up to show that anything was wrong with the vehicle. The first 2 times were in reverse. The power cut off and I was unable to move the steering wheel or brakes. I was able to restart the car and go. The third time I was going forward on a highway. I slowed to turn on and the power cut off in the middle of the turn. I was unable to control the steering wheel or brakes. Luckily I was not around other vehicles and the car slowed to a stop on the side of the road in grass. This occurred with a young child in the car and it scared both of us. I was able to then start the car again and get it into the dealership service department the next day. The service department could not find anything wrong with the vehicle when they hooked it up to their machines. They drove the car for a week and were unable to find anything wrong with the vehicle. The last day when they took it for one more drive the car died on them in the middle of driving. They hooked the car up again and it showed that nothing was wrong. When they contacted Chrysler corporation they told them to look at the engine. That is when they found metal shards and other things wrong with the engine. The corporation had known that some of these engines were faulty but had not notified the dealership or the consumers that they could be driving a car with a faulty engine. This was most definitely a safety issue and especially concerning since we had been driving our young children in the vehicle with us. I believe the consumers should know that they could have faulty engines and not know because the service machines do not detect the problem and Chrysler is not giving out the information.

- Marion, IL, USA

Oct 202018

Journey

It's making a winning noise.

- Calhoun, GA, USA