4.2

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Neon:

Feb 242009

Neon

I drove my 2004 Dodge Neon SXT to school last Tuesday and parked it everything fine. I came out to leave started it and I had no reverse. It kicked in for a second and then again nothing. I put it in drive and the same thing nothing. When I got out and opened the hood I saw all the transmission fluid on the ground had it towed to dealership. I have a 70,000 mile powertrain warranty with 69,765 miles on it. The dealer said radiator failed causing trans fluid and coolant to mix through out. Albany Dodge tried to tell me I didn't have a 7yr 70K warranty only after the production of all my original paper work they agreed to fix trans. But not radiator or coolant system they want over 600$ I called around and found a place for 250$ after all the tows and everything 450$ later my car is at albany Dodge for the trans work and I will have to pay them 100$ deductible. While researching this on the internet I have found this has happened over 25 other times the same way with out warning! I am disgusted about the hoops I had to jump through for my warranty to be honored then to find out that its all revolved around these faulty radiators used in the 99-05 models and has happened like clock work at an average of 66,883 I paid a lot of money for this car and I can't help but feel like Chrysler as a whole has made quit a bit of money as a result of this problem please take a look it took me a 1/2 an hour to find over 10 of the same exact story as mine.

- Cohoes, NY, USA

Jul 012005

Neon 4-cyl

Upon purchasing my car, brand new in 2004, I have had several problems with it. After a short year of having my car my power windows went out, shortly after my front door speakers stopped working and my radio/cd player often doesn't work correctly...cd discs will get stuck in player and continually play until car is shut off and sometimes that doesn't even resolve problem. Front brakes started to squeak and groan constantly, I took the vehicle to the dealership 4 times to have them try to fix brakes. While having brake problems, check engine light came on and car started to chug and jerk frequently. Took back to dealership, diagnostic showed #4 cylinder misfire, had plugs and wires replaced, however check engine light came back on after driving car <10 miles. Took car back to dealership 4 times to fix, on the fourth occasion they finally found a broken ring leading to the motor, problem is still unresolved. I then called warranty people to discover that my ring is covered under my power-train warranty after having been told by the dealership the ring couldn't be fixed. Was also told by the dealership that the wiring was faulty in the radio player and not the speakers.

- Chadron, NE, USA

Oct 092006

Neon

Purchased brand new 2004 Dodge Neon srt in August of 2004. Within two months my cars value depreciated over half what I paid. When my mileage hit 11,000 I started having a lot of transmission leakage. At 12,000 miles I had a new solenoid put on, still leaked. Took it again two weeks later and they changed gaskets. Two weeks later they put in a new transmission, because mine was porous. Now here I am two and a half years later and 39,000 miles and I am leaking again. They suspect I need yet another transmission. Two transmissions under 40,000 miles there is definitely something up here. We are getting rid of it asap!

- Mascoutah, IL, USA

Feb 282006

Neon 4-cyl

: the contact stated there was a leak in the transmission. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection and repairs over 10 times. The dealer replaced the transmission pan, transmission stick, head gasket, bolts and the dealer sent the vehicle to a transmission expert. Although, these changes were made, the transmission continues to leak. The dealer recently determined the problem can not be duplicated and no additional repairs were made. Contact was notified on 0313-2006 by M&M Dodge to bring vehicle to dealership for transmission work. The contact hoped that this will solve the leak problem.

- Marksville, LA, USA