3.3

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Dodge Ram 1500:

Sep 052016

Ram 1500

The entire dashboard is crumbling leaving sharp plastic fling arond and open wires in the dash net issue the dash is actually disintegrating to dust called no help out of warranty we have other cars that are older and no such problem has ever make our dash turn to dust.

- Ventura, CA, USA

Jan 272018

Ram 1500

On 1/27/2018 my dash board shattered while I was attempting to wipe clean it with moist towel. I bought this vehicle used from Dodge dealership in June 1998 with 45120 miles. At present it has only 83000 approx. The vehicle at the time was stationary. I have the photos, unfortunately I do not know how to upload it.

- Springfield, VA, USA

Jul 222015

Ram 1500

When applying the turn signal, the signal does not illuminate or is erratic or does alternate of what is chosen.

- Keyser, WV, USA

Aug 182007

Ram 1500

The dash on my 1996 Dodge began to crack after multiple months the dash began to collapse in on itself. It has the potential to cause serious electrical failure due to sharp pieces cutting wires and vacuum hoses when they fall in. However the major problem is the damage may not be noticeable until the equipment is needed to be used I.e. airbags, turn signals, reverse lights, etc.

- Edmond, OK, USA

Sep 212003

Ram 1500

Cup holders in my 1996 Dodge pu are not safe. Drinking cup or cups have tipped over when cornering or turning and have resulted in very hot spills on my lower leg.

- Kennewick, WA, USA

Jul 251999

Ram 1500

Engine check light/brake warning light and ABS light came on and wouldn't go off. When consumer applied the brakes, the brake pedal was soft, and almost went to the floorboard.

- Cedar Grove, NJ, USA

Jul 291998

Ram 1500

Aluminum instrument panel carrier broken. Vehicle involved in solo colosion due partially to tire tread on one tire separating from tire casing. Driver lost control vehicle rolled onto right side. Damage to front end did not appear serious enough to cause the instrument panel carrier to fracture and separate from its original location.

- San Bernar, CA, USA