Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Ram 1500:

Nov 132014

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that while waiting at a traffic light, the rear axle locked up causing the vehicle to become inoperable. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the rear axle pinion needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 40,000.

- Arvada, CO, USA

Dec 042013

Ram 1500

After driving the truck at normal speeds when coming to stops it will stall out on you have to put in neutral and restart this has almost caused me to get it from behind and head on crashes and also with my kids and wife driving very worried to let her drive it.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Oct 272009

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 13V038000 (power train). The contact stated that the vehicle was repaired three times according to the recall, but the failure was not remedied. The failure occurred four times. The dealer stated that the actuator recirculation door needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 25,000.

- Miami, FL, USA

Aug 022014

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that while driving approximately 10 mph, the vehicle jerked accompanied by an abnormal noise without warning. The vehicle could be restarted. The vehicle was towed to a dealer for diagnostic testing. The vehicle was repaired under NHTSA campaign id number: 13V038000 (power train). The technician also stated that the transmission needed to be replaced, however the transmission was not replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 58,000.

- Ridley Park , PA, USA

Mar 212013

Ram 1500 8-cyl

I have been informing gulfgate Dodge Chrysler Jeep Inc 7550 gulf freeway houston, tx 77017 (281)477-6767. Of the recall on the rear axle pinion since 2013 and we as of today haven gotten it taken care up. No one has call to follow up. We have been calling them all we receive is we will call when we get some in. I will be keeping this as a record of complaint in my files. If the vehicle gets damage and the cause is of the part not being replace with be a huge issue with us. I will not in the future buy any other vehicle from gulfgate Dodge nor will I refer them to anyone.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jul 262014

Ram 1500

There was a recall (N08) on 09 Dodge Ram because the pinion nut comes out and causes the drive shaft to fall off. I was not informed of this recall. The drive shaft fell off of my truck, snapped in half, and got lodged in my rear axel. This resulted in loss of control of my vehicle and nearly caused an accident. I contacted the Chrysler group and was told that even though it was a recall, I had to pay out of my own pocket to have it towed to a dealership. I was also told on 7/29/2014 that they won't repair a recall, because my vehicle is no longer under warranty. The service technician at the dealership confirmed that the incident occurred because of the N08 recall, but Chrysler denied to have it fixed.

- Kenner, LA, USA

Jul 112014

Ram 1500 8-cyl

I have been trying to get the pinion nut replaced, as per the recall notice for my 2009 Dodge Ram 1500, for the last 6 months. Every time I call the dealer, they tell me that they do not have the part. I called today (7-11-2014) and was told again that they did not have the part. They tell me that the manufacturer is only sending them one part per 7 days. Luckily, I have not had any problem yet, but would sure like to have this problem remedied. The dealer is auto nation spring. Very disgruntled customer.

- Spring, TX, USA

Jun 012009

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign id number: 12V474000 (power train) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to service the vehicle under the recall. The dealer was uncertain when the part would become available. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Reelesville, IN, USA

Jun 302014

Ram 1500 8-cyl

On 3/17/2014 safety recall NHTSA 13V-038 was completed on the vehicle by a Chrysler authorized service center. Week of 6/29/14 (on 2 separate road trips) the rear axle seized while vehicle was under motion. On 7/1/2014 vehicle was returned to same service center without further incident. The incident info & safety concerns were relayed to service rep. That afternoon was called by service rep & told (paraphrasing) "it's not doing it now. Come get it. Bring it back if it happens again." I refuse to pick up vehicle. It remains at service center as they keep trying to get it to do "it". 7/3/2014 I contact Chrysler 800-247-9753 (case #25262149) expressed alarm to "agent" that "recall" did not correct failure or its potential. Agent contacted service provider. Agent returned to me w/response echoing & supportive of service provider. "it's not doing it now. Is there anything else I can do for you?" in frustration I said, "I am speechless... clearly you are at the end of your 'script'..." (I was wrong) the Chrysler agent responded "I am not at the end of my script! I can still offer you monetary or tangible compensation!" I said, "for what? you said there is no problem." (end of conversation) how can such a thing be measured? even more than having my vehicle restored to my confidence and possession, I would especially like to know that the threat of bodily injury or loss of life to anyone (resulting from the Dodge Ram differential pinion nut (or not) failure) truly does not exist. Direct experience says it does. I am confident in the integrity of my service center. I do understand that they cannot fix what does not appear to be broken & what the manufacturer denies or doesn't (?) know is a problem. I do not wish to bring any hardship upon the dealer.

- Panton, VT, USA

Jun 232014

Ram 1500 8-cyl

Transmission sticks in 4th gear have to pull over, turn off truck for 5 seconds and restart. Motor uses number of quarts of oil a day with no sign of leak.

- Perryton, TX, USA

Dec 312012

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number: 13V038000 (power train) and stated that the parts were not available. The dealer did not give a specific date when the parts would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contacts vehicle would receive the recall repairs. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Buras, LA, USA

Oct 112013

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2009 1500 Dodge Ram. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number 13V038000 (power train). The dealer stated that the parts were unavailable a year ago. There were no failures. The manufacturer was not notified of the delay.

- Cave Creek, AZ, USA

Nov 072012

Ram 1500 8-cyl

This vehicle was recalled over two years ago and I have tried and tried to get it repaired the dealer always and I mean always never has the part in stock--I guess when the drive shaft falls out you will listen.

- Monroeville, PA, USA

Apr 072014

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact received NHTSA recall campaign number: 13V038000 (power train) and stated that the parts were not available. The dealer provided an unreasonable estimated time frame for the recall repair. The manufacturer was also contacted and could not provide an estimated date for when the parts would be available. There were no failures.

- Spring, TX, USA

Nov 082013

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that the vehicle was serviced under NHTSA campaign number: 13V038000 (power train) however, six months after the service the vehicle sustained damage to the rear as the result of the pinion nut becoming loose. The technician diagnosed that the rear differential needed to be rebuilt, which required the differential carrier bearing, pinion bearing and related components to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and offered to assist with the repair costs. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 62,936 and the current mileage was 69,946.

- Oakdale, CT, USA

Feb 012013

Ram 1500

In Feb, Dodge issued a recall on my vehicle 13V038000 for a defect that might lock up the drive train at any speed. It has now been seven months and Dodge still does not have a solution for this recall. I think Dodge is stalling, knowing that NHTSA is impotent and cannot touch them if they continue to delay. Dodge needs to be fined by the government and make punitive payments to the owners of these vehicles.

- Plano, TX, USA

Dec 202013

Ram 1500

TL- the contact owns a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact received NHTSA recall campaign id number 13V038000 (power train). The contact attempted to secure an appointment for recall repairs however, the contact was informed parts needed were not available. The manufacturer was contacted and confirmed the unavailability. The contact had not experienced a failure.-

- Colonial Beach , VA, USA

Nov 052013

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number 13V038000 (power train). And called the dealer to secure an appointment for recall repairs however, the parts needed for the repair were not available. The manufacturer was contacted and could not specify when the parts would become available. The contact had not experienced a failure. The consumer stated the dealer was in the process of repairing the vehicle, and requested to withdraw his complaint. Updated 03/06/14

- Gulf Shores, AL, USA

Dec 012013

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number 13V038000 (power train) had exceed a reasonable time for repair. The recall letter was received in January however, the dealer advised the contact that he was placed on a waiting list and the manufacturer was only allowing one repair kit per week. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Athens , TX, USA

Jan 222014

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that he attempted to have the vehicle repaired under NHTSA campaign number: 13V038000 ( power train) but was informed that the parts were not available. The contact felt that since the failure was reported in February of 2013, there should be a remedy available before January of 2014. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available.

- Lubbock, TX, USA