8.0

Most common solutions:

1. new engine (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Ram 1500:

Oct 132015

Ram 1500 Larmine 5.7L Hemi

roller lifter lock up & destroyed cam & engine My Truck broke down in Myrtle Beach S.C Oct. 13 2015 after spending almost $900 @ Myrtle Beach Chrysler & making 3 trips to get truck, had to have it transported 600 miles home to Winchester KY.in Dec. After 3 Dodge dealerships looking & telling me the cam & lifters were out of it I had them replaced, but still wouldn't run right... The last dealership said it is going to have to have a new motor @ cost of $9100 and up to this point I have invested $6200 in tow bills expenses & repairs!!!! Did I mention I bought an Extended warranty from the dealer @ time of purchase to take it to 80 K miles & it has 86 K on it now! Not LOL!! this truck looks like new!!

I have went through the proper channels to try to get it fixed but have been told I'm S.O.L. by 800 numbers! I ask for the C.E.O. of Ram to call me & was told that could not happen! He doesn't take phone calls or E-mails in Detroit!!

After investing approx $30 K @ purchase & having driven this Certified Pre-owned Dodge only 59 K miles plus being 40 year loyal Dodge customer & a tax payer who's money help with the auto bail out!! Yet I can't even talk or get a letter to the C.E.O of a company!! What's wrong with this picture????

The 800 people could use some lessons in tact when talking to customers instead of being so rude!

Having been in business for myself for 26 years, If I don't communicate with my customers, I won't have them or a job very long!!

Has anyone had a similar experience with an 09 5.7 Hemi ?

Sincerely & Totally Frustrated!!

- Gleason H., Winchester, KY, USA