8.0

Most common solutions:

1. replace fuel pump (3 reports)
  2. replace fuel pump relay (2 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Ram 1500:

Jun 012017

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

Every morning I have to turn the key on and let it sit for 10 to 15 min before it will start. Then during the day, if I let it sit for more that an 1 hr I have to let it sit another 15 min before I can start the truck. I have been a loyal Dodge/Chrysler owner since 1999 and until now have been very happy. If there is an issue with the fuel pump relay, fix it at no charge. That's the way a real manufacturer keeps it's customers happy.

- , Bowie, MD, US

Nov 172016

Ram 1500 3.7L Hemi

After reading the many complaints listed, I am sure this is yet another TIPM issue. First symptom...tire pressure system maintenance message coming on...tire pressure checked and was fine and the message stays on. One tire not registering on display at all. The door locks intermittently go crazy and trigger at random times when driving. The car will crank but won't turn over. It would start with the remote but when the key fob was inserted, it would stall. It would take a series of random acts to juke it into starting. Sometimes I would just give up and use a different vehicle because it was not cooperating. I took it to the dealership early in the week. Of course it started for them, but they did the computer software updates anyway. They did 2 different ones. They said it was fixed but they kept it so they could replace a tire pressure sensor. They called me the next day and said it would not start. They said the fuel pump needed to be replaced. Had to order it and there it sat another day. They got the fuel pump in on Day 4 and said it was definitely the culprit, but...could they keep it overnight...that's confidence for you. I said it could not stay because I had to go out of town in the morning. When I mentioned these symptoms and the likelihood of it being the TIPM, I was told not likely and this was definitely the fix. I pick the car up and drive it successfully for the remainder of the day. Almost always, once the car starts (if it starts), it is good for the day as long as it is driven every couple of hours. So, the next morning...same symptoms with starting...as if the fuel pump was never replaced. Except, this time, I could not juke it into starting at all after many attempts. I had to call a tow truck...and, no, the dealership did not offer to tow it for me...I had to use my auto insurance roadside assistance. Now they acknowledge the "possibility" that it is the TIPM. I thank this forum for arming me with the knowledge and unfortunate experiences of others so I can keep going until this is resolved completely. I have an extended warranty, so this has all been covered less my 100 dollar deductible so far. My sanity is another issue altogether!

- , Fishkill, NY, USA

Nov 272015

Ram 1500 4.7L V8

With all of the TIPM and fuel pump issues Chrysler has had I would have hoped they would get solutions out to customers. I will not buy another Chrysler car.

- , Englewood, FL, USA

Sep 082015

Ram 1500 ST 4.7L

Had to crank and crank and it would eventually start. Had fuel pump replaced and it still does the same thing. Now lately it fires up right away but when you shut truck off the fuel pump continuously runs. Have to disconnect battery for it to stop.

- , Houston, TX, USA

Jul 202015

Ram 1500 V6

Would not start in the mornings. Would eventually start after 7 or 8 cranks and once it got going would work all day. Every once and awhile it struggled. The problem came out of nowhere especially since I take care of my vehicle! Unfortunately it also came at a very bad time and can not afford the fix just yet!

- , Statesboro, GA, USA

Aug 212014

Ram 1500 SLT 4.6L

TRUCK WILL NOT START IN THE MORNING. HAD TO REPLACE FUEL PUMP. TIPM MODULE SHORTED OUT THE FUEL PUMP. NEED TO FIX TIPM MODULE DEFECTS.

- , New Braunfels, TX, USA