2.0

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Dodge Ram 2500:

Mar 102015

Ram 2500

Dash board has desintegrated due to faulty materials. Dash has been covered since about 2 weeks after date of purchase which was Dec 31st 1999. Truck was ordered straight from the factory an I am the only owner of the vehicle since day 1. set papers on dash and when I picked them up realised a soft spot in the dash mat. Lifted mat to find large hole in dash.

- Smartsville, CA, USA

Oct 012015

Ram 2500

Completely cracked dash board top in two places

- Los Osos, CA, USA

Jul 302010

Ram 2500

Plastic dashboard has multiple fractures and cracks through no fault of mine. Many of the edges are very sharp and could lead to serious injury if the vehicle was involved in an accident and one of the occupants was thrown into, or contacted the dash with any part of their body. This is ridiculous that the dashboard is falling apart on this pickup all by itself. I suspect at some point I won't be able to drive the vehicle anymore because the gauges will be laying on the floor.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Oct 012009

Ram 2500 4WD 6-cyl Diesel

My dash is cracking and large sharp peices of it are just laying on the dash, it seems to get worse every time I look at it. I am worried those peices will fly up and into my face or my childres face while driving down the road. The only thing I can think of to do is try to glue them back down. Even so it continues to crack and what if I dont katch a new cracked peice and it does hurt someone.

- Clarksville, TN, USA

Mar 272011

Ram 2500 4WD 6-cyl

Vehicle is parked in a covered car port to keep the sun off, but the dash top still managed to crack a few years back. Now there is no dash top at all since it has fallen apart. While I was driving, the clips holding the bezel in place popped out since they clip into the dash top, which is no longer there, leaving the bezel to fall right off.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Aug 202006

Ram 2500 6-cyl Diesel

The contact owns a 2000 Dodge Ram 2500. The contact noticed that the dashboard was cracked in his vehicle. As time progressed, the dashboard finally caved in, exposing the passenger side air bags and wiring. The defroster no longer operated due to the damages. The manufacturer offered to assume liability for 50 percent of the repair costs. The contact was concerned with the exposure of wiring and the hazards involved. The failure mileage was 60,000 and current mileage is 112,900. Updated 03/04/09. Updated 03/06/09.

- Ontario, CA, USA

Jul 192004

Ram 2500 4WD Diesel

In July 2004 we took the truck in as it was not blowing cold air, they said that it was low on freon and had no visible leaks but possibly evap core leak. They put some sort of blue identifier in it and told us to check and see if we saw it anywhere so they would know where the leak is, nothing ever showed up. Now 1 1/2 years later the air conditioner is not blowing cold air again. We even made sure that we turned the air conditioner on monthly as they told us to so it would not go bad.

- Commerce City, CO, USA