Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Ram 2500:

Aug 152014

Ram 2500

Driver side rear passenger interior door lock and interior light does stopped working over a year ago. I figured it was a selonoid or a loose connection in the door so I put it off. Just recently 10/11/2015 I took the time to take the door apart and check all the connections. I had power to the speaker and window and nothing to the lock and interior light doesn't come on when the door is open. So I then checked for loose connections everything good. I then checked the connection between the cab and the door and I had a good clean connection. I then pulled back the rubber wire loom between the cab and the door and I found 4 unevenly cut wires. I did not fix them I left the connector disconnected. This is could be a extremely dangerous not to mention potentially deadly fire hazard. Some how the loom is cutting the wires and could result in severe injury and or death.

- Parma, OH, USA