3.1

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Fiat 500:

Apr 162019

500

Very common problem with this car and headlights will not turn off at any time.

- San Marcos, TX, USA

Nov 082018

500

Loss of motive power while I drive and I have to pull over on the highway. This has happened many times. I have taken the car to Fiat and they have not fixed the issue. Fiat has a recall on my type of car except fca us llc said my VIN is not included. NHTSA campaign id # 16V302000. I do not want passengers to be in my car because of the risk of death. There is a significant danger to myself and others.

- White Plains, NY, USA

Aug 272018

500

As I was driving down the highway, (76 East in akron Ohio)to take my car to the shop for a check engine and battery light that came on, warning lights of all sorts started to pop up. It basically appeared to cycle through all of the warning lights. I was probably only at 45 mph, barely highway speed, but it is hard to know as the rmp and speedometer kept fluctuating wildly. Then the car slowly died to a dead stop while on the highway. I still had lights and air, and all other electrical things but the car would not restart. I managed to get safely to the side of the road, a gentlemen from the state farm road side assistance pushed me into the beginning of a closed lane. I was told this issue was my alternator not charging properly. There is only about 52K miles on my car.

- Akron, OH, USA

Dec 012017

500

Check engine light, transmission light come on intermittently. Ambient temp sensor records crazy temps as low as negative 40 F. plastic casing around passenger side view mirror melted which is where ambient temp sensor is located and could be fire hazard. Dealer has changed ambient sensor but warnings and wild temps still occurring. Incidents occur as soon as car is turned on and stay on for various amounts of time

- Novato, CA, USA

Jul 312017

500

Wiring between body and trunk lid breaks due to poor design and shielding not protecting the wires.. 4 wires broken causing the license plate light to not be lit. This is a ticketable offense in Massachusetts and results in a surcharge on the drivers license.

- Lancaster, MA, USA

Oct 122017

500

I have already replaced both front window regulators at $189 each. The plastic piect breaks off. When I took it to Fiat the repair guy said he is changing out about 4 a day. I replaced mine in 2015 and yet again the same piece has broken off. How is this not a recall as manufacture defect? I have attached photo.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jul 312017

500

Wiring harness between the chassis and the trunk lid breaks. There are several broken wires. This is causing the "check license plate light" warning on the instrument panel. The license plate light is out which is a ticket-able offense with surcharge in the state of Massachusetts where the car is registered. The exposed wires could also arc and cause a fire.

- Lancaster, MA, USA

Jun 202017

500

I parked my vehicle in a public lot and when I returned to my vehicle and started it the lights turned on then shut off quickly and the key was stuck in the ignition. I jump started the vehicle which seemed to just charge it and was able to get the key released and the power, lights and windows all working again but when I turned to start the engine it does nothing but click. I also tried both keys that I have for the vehicle and the power lock and unlock does not even work.

- Austin, TX, USA

Mar 282017

500

My car cuts off while driving or being idled. I would drive it in the city and after about 20-30 minutes of driving stop and go. It would cut off while I'm stopped at a light. Then I would put it in park and it would restart. Then after that it would read as high coolant. Also going up steep hills it would cut off when I turn it at the top of the hill and read nothing just completely turn off. I finally got to replicate the problem with Fiat service and they are trying to figure out how to stop it from cutting off. This should be a recall and replace by Fiat

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Sep 052016

500

The headlights and taillights will not work. The bulbs "burn out" as soon as they are replaced. This issue has been ongoing since the car was purchased, the manufacturer simply replaced them while under warranty - now that the vehicle is no longer under warranty and their dealerships are closed in the state they wish to have me take the car out of state, pay for a rental while they attempt to diagnose the problem. I have given them 5 opportunities prior to this time to do so and each time was told it was "bad bulbs". I cannot get the vehicle inspected and there is also a recall that I cannot get serviced due to their other facilities being unequipped to service this product. There are other electrical problems that have plagued the vehicle and still are, but will not cause a safety inspection failure. These too have been supposedly repaired in the past only to reoccur. I am seeking your assistance as I have received no resolution from the manufacturer and do not have the means to pay for a rental car of unknown duration for them to attempt to diagnose this for the 6th time. Any help I can get is appreciated. There have been multiple occurrences since 2013.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Sep 012014

500

The contact owns a 2013 Fiat 500. While turning at an unknown speed, the vehicle stalled and the electronic throttle control warning light illuminated. The failure occurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to the dealer on several occasions where the failure was undetermined. The technician recommended that the computer be reprogrammed. The repair failed to remedy the vehicle. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 39,000.

- Sophia , NC, USA