7.6

$410

Most common solutions:

2. replaced door latch assembly (77 reports)
  3. clean or replace door ajar sensor (36 reports)
  4. replace door latch (15 reports)
  5. driver side door latch assembly had to be replaced by dealer (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.

Jul 012018

Edge SEL 3.7L V6

Please ask Ford to remove their head from the sand and address this problem. It is an obvious design flaw that Ford should acknowledge and develop a solution for. Fords only other response is to do nothing as they are now and when it gets to court it will cost substantially more to resolve this issue.

- Glen S., Dayton, IN, US

Jan 102016

Edge V6

Had to replace a sensor on a practically brand new car, twice!

- Jennifer A., Russell, KY, US

Aug 062018

Edge

When will Ford recall this issue? There are hundreds of complaints about this issue. It is very annoying and I shouldn't have to pay for this issue. Even though is it a 2013 model, It only has 30,200 miles on it.

- Rhonda W., Greensboro, NC, US

Sep 032018

Edge

The door ajar light will not turn off even when the door is completely closed. The beeping will not stop!

- David W., Los Angeles, US

Jun 012018

Edge Limited 4 cyl

This problem is very annoying! I have had my alarm go off in the middle of the night because the car decides that the door isn't closed randomly, when I know for sure that it was closed when I went to bed. I now have to leave the car unlocked overnight so it doesn't set the alarm off.

- lodisomma, Huntingtown, US

Aug 012017

Edge 3.2L V6

Door ajar warning light stays on all the time. This causes all doors to unlock while vehicle is moving and keeps dome light ON when vehicle is off and locked.

- Andrew S., Allentown, PA, US

Jun 262018

Edge SEL V6

I have seen all the complaints. The Driver Side Door Sensor light is coming on. It does not matter how many times you close the door the light stays on. You can't lock the door which is a safety concern. Also the interior lights stay on which will eventually drain my battery. I cannot afford to get this fixed. I am in a 1 income household right now. Any cheap fixes????

- LaKeenya C., Cypress, TX, US

Jun 012018

Edge 3.5L V6

Door Ajar light stays on. Sometimes it will go off after slamming the door a number of times. Sometimes it goes off as I drive. Sometimes it just stays on. SAFETY ISSUE SHOULD BE RECALLED! - Doors do not lock when in motion. Doors could open during a crash. Ford needs to recall. But they won't do it because they probably think it is less expensive to pay off individual lawsuits after there is a fatality. Probably won't buy a Ford again.

- Richard F., GAITHERSBURG, MD, US

Mar 012017

Edge ES V6

I replaced the switch myself since Ford is dragging their ass about fixing it!! PRICKS!!! I also had to fix the power brake booster because Ford said my vehicle was NOT covered by a recall. However the 2012 IS!!! Go freakin figure. PRICKS AGAIN!!!!! This is the wife's vehicle ..I personally WOULD NOT OWN A P.O.S FORD !!!! If there is a recall, I WILL FIGHT to be reimbursed and will keep receipts and my labor rate will be a bit higher than the shop rate!!! .....I like CHEVY...

- willy31hamilton@ya, Madera, US

Jul 062018

Edge LX V6

The problems started one week ago. The door is already closed and the sensor alerts that the door is open.

- Luis L., Woodstock, GA, US

Nov 042017

Edge Limited

The Interior Lights stay on excessively when the car is running and it is even worse when you turn the car off and lock the car. Interior Lights remain on along with exterior lights (like those on the side mirrors). Already had to replace one battery. Estimated fix was $500+!!! Was told by the tech at Ford this is a very common issue with the 2013 Edge, but Ford is ignoring the frequency to avoid a recall.

I don't have $500+ bucks to get it repaired, but wearing down batteries will eventually cost just as much.

HELP!!!

- Dave B., Sherman, US

Jul 022018

Edge Utility 3.5L Ti=Vct V6

Our Edge has performed well except for two items. At approx 28,999 miles the actuator that controls the flapper to direct heat into the passenger compartment failed. To fix it, the entire dash had to be removed, took two days and cost me nearly $1,000 because it was out of warranty. That function used to be controlled by a wire pull device attached to the heater control panel.

Now the driver door ajar alarm goes off intermittently,,dings and the door ajar light comes on and off. I feel certain when I take it in to be repaired, Ford will claim not recallable and it will cost me another $400+. I read about this problem being known but no recall has been forced by the Govt agency so Ford will not voluntarily recall for this item. Wish all these electronic monitoring devices would never been installed. If you are too stupid to notice if a door is ajar, maybe you should not be driving a vehicle.

- Charles S., San Antonio, TX, US

May 012018

Edge Limited V.6

The driver side door this the most used door on a vehicle! The one door you want to lock and work properly. I use my vehicle for work as well as for pleasure so to sit there and to try to continuously try to get the darn thing to lock so I am not stranded from a dead battery is ridiculous. I do not have $450+ dollars lying around.

- Sara S., Thomson, IL, US

Jul 022018

Edge Limited 3.5L V6

Can't get an appointment with Fairway Ford for another week!

- jstrat46, Evans, US

Feb 012018

Edge Limited 3.5L

This is a severe pain in the ass! It is more annoying than anything I think. I did read online that when it says your door is ajar, if you open the window, start rolling your window down, then shut the door it helps - it works about 85% of the time.

However, having your interior lights on most of the time, not being able to use the keypad (because your driver's door isn't shut), when you lock your vehicle with the key fob your horn beeps twice - telling you the door is open AND I have had my alarm go off at random times (like last night at 3:30am) because suddenly the vehicle thinks the door is open. This is so fricken frustrating!!

I wish Ford would do a recall so us owner's don't have to spend hundreds of dollars replacing the latch every couple years!! Or if there was a direct fuse that controlled that, however just breaking that piece with a screwdriver is starting to sound like a not bad idea?!

- Stephanie A., Humboldt, SK, Canada

Mar 062018

Edge SEL V6

2013 Ford Edge with low miles has the door ajar light that stays on even with door closed. It has drained 2 batteries already. I have to slam the door multiple times IF that will even get it to go off. I slam it so hard I think the window will bust sometimes and it still doesn't make the light go off. The door locks will also not lock when the lights are on which could result in my door coming open while driving. Driving at night with the lights staying illuminated is dangerous. FORD need to issue a recall! This IS a safety concern!

If anyone has an easy fix, please let me know. I'm almost to the point I am willing to break the connector inside the door lock as indicted in all of the UTUBE videos for others who have the same issue.

- April E., Louisville, US

May 032018

Edge Sel

The doors won't lock when your driving. Lights stay on and drain your battery. Terrible that Ford doesn't fix this very common issue so I will have to. I thought I would buy a new one but know I do t know

- Sonja M., Pinole, US

Sep 012015

Edge

Door ajar sensor keeps saying the door is open when it is not. When stopped at a traffic light it gives an annoying beep letting you know the door is open. At night you can't go in reverse without the dome light being on. When in drive the light does go out after a few feet. The doors won't automatically lock either which is a safety hazard. Now my dome lights in the car come on in the middle of the night without anyone touching the car. As of yesterday the keypad on the door won't work at all. It does not even light up. Also, from time to time, the automatic door locks won't unlock the car unless I crank it up first. I really wish this would be recalled.

- Cassandra O., Raleigh, US

May 302018

Edge SEL V6

I can't get this door ajar alarm to shut off. There appears to be a significant amount of similar complaints from other owners. I would hope that Ford addresses this issue and fixes it for free. I currently own 2 Ford vehicles.

- Joe M., Shrewsbury, MA, US

May 272018

Edge SEL 3.5L V6

Really annoying problem. Also a safety concern with kids in the car.

- William J., Perrinton, MI, US