7.6

$410

Most common solutions:

2. replaced door latch assembly (77 reports)
  3. clean or replace door ajar sensor (35 reports)
  4. replace door latch (12 reports)
  5. driver side door latch assembly had to be replaced by dealer (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.

Edge Limited V.6

The driver side door this the most used door on a vehicle! The one door you want to lock and work properly. I use my vehicle for work as well as for pleasure so to sit there and to try to continuously try to get the darn thing to lock so I am not stranded from a dead battery is ridiculous. I do not have $450+ dollars lying around.

- Sara S., Thomson, IL, US

Jul 022018

Edge Limited 3.5L V6

Can't get an appointment with Fairway Ford for another week!

- jstrat46, Evans, US

Feb 012018

Edge Limited 3.5L

This is a severe pain in the ass! It is more annoying than anything I think. I did read online that when it says your door is ajar, if you open the window, start rolling your window down, then shut the door it helps - it works about 85% of the time.

However, having your interior lights on most of the time, not being able to use the keypad (because your driver's door isn't shut), when you lock your vehicle with the key fob your horn beeps twice - telling you the door is open AND I have had my alarm go off at random times (like last night at 3:30am) because suddenly the vehicle thinks the door is open. This is so fricken frustrating!!

I wish Ford would do a recall so us owner's don't have to spend hundreds of dollars replacing the latch every couple years!! Or if there was a direct fuse that controlled that, however just breaking that piece with a screwdriver is starting to sound like a not bad idea?!

- Stephanie A., Humboldt, SK, Canada

Mar 062018

Edge SEL V6

2013 Ford Edge with low miles has the door ajar light that stays on even with door closed. It has drained 2 batteries already. I have to slam the door multiple times IF that will even get it to go off. I slam it so hard I think the window will bust sometimes and it still doesn't make the light go off. The door locks will also not lock when the lights are on which could result in my door coming open while driving. Driving at night with the lights staying illuminated is dangerous. FORD need to issue a recall! This IS a safety concern!

If anyone has an easy fix, please let me know. I'm almost to the point I am willing to break the connector inside the door lock as indicted in all of the UTUBE videos for others who have the same issue.

- April E., Louisville, US

May 032018

Edge Sel

The doors won't lock when your driving. Lights stay on and drain your battery. Terrible that Ford doesn't fix this very common issue so I will have to. I thought I would buy a new one but know I do t know

- Sonja M., Pinole, US

Sep 012015

Edge

Door ajar sensor keeps saying the door is open when it is not. When stopped at a traffic light it gives an annoying beep letting you know the door is open. At night you can't go in reverse without the dome light being on. When in drive the light does go out after a few feet. The doors won't automatically lock either which is a safety hazard. Now my dome lights in the car come on in the middle of the night without anyone touching the car. As of yesterday the keypad on the door won't work at all. It does not even light up. Also, from time to time, the automatic door locks won't unlock the car unless I crank it up first. I really wish this would be recalled.

- Cassandra O., Raleigh, US

May 302018

Edge SEL V6

I can't get this door ajar alarm to shut off. There appears to be a significant amount of similar complaints from other owners. I would hope that Ford addresses this issue and fixes it for free. I currently own 2 Ford vehicles.

- Joe M., Shrewsbury, MA, US

May 272018

Edge SEL 3.5L V6

Really annoying problem. Also a safety concern with kids in the car.

- William J., Perrinton, MI, US

Edge

This is the second time the same door sensor is malfunctioning. The first time was in 2015 at about 30,000 miles. The car now has about 78,000 miles. The door is shut, however the ding dong sound is relentless. Interior light stays on (draining the battery). The dash indicator states stop, shift to park, door ajar.

The Ford dealer is telling me it'll be $150 to run a diagnostic. I have to think they've seen this issue before, but act as if they haven't.

I've had so many issues with the Edge (unfortunately because I like the vehicle in general).

- Twice the door ajar issue - Sunroof stopped working at 50,000 miles (at only 3 years old) - Leaking oil which required an entire engine rebuild, only 6 months after purchasing the car new - Sync system issues - voice commands not recognized about 60% of the time.

- Chris B., Thousand Oaks, US

May 132015

Edge

The door was closed. The ding dong sound kept going. The interior lights would not turn off (drain on battery). Indicator kept stating stop, shift to park. VERY annoying.

- Chris B., Thousand Oaks, US

Edge ES V6

The door ajar (drivers side) stays on when door is clearly shut. I see this is a know problem. What is the fix?

- Sheila P., Plano, US

Mar 012018

Edge SEL 3.5L V6

This problem is well documented by thousands in numerous vehicles and Ford needs to deal with it properly. What doesn't make sense is that there already was a recall for this exact issue in earlier vehicle models, but for some reason this is no longer being recalled for safety. Clearly it's a huge safety problem in a number of ways and a gross slap in the face to customers who mistakenly purchased a Ford. If the company doesn't soon pony up to replace the cheap, crappy components used I will definitely trade this thing in and stay away from the Ford dealers. A company profiting 10.2B a year shouldn't need to wait for Big Brother to tell them what to do, they should be wise and invest in the customers who in return will invest back.

- fishininthedark85, Lombardy, ON, Canada

Mar 032015

Edge SLT

This is a problem for Ford Edge owners and Ford needs to fix their design error.

- Al V., North Olmsted, OH, US

Apr 032017

Edge SEL 3.2L

I have had this repaired twice from 2 different Ford Dealers and the problem continues. Ford dealer in Jacksonville, FL did not even want to fool with repair the second time I took it back to them.

- Michael T., Blowing Rock, US

Apr 242018

Edge Limited V6

The door ajar light would come on when starting the car, randomly when it was running. It stayed on when I shut the door, leaving the lights on and not allowing me to lock it. Or use my remote start! No recall because it is not a safety issue? How about a dead battery and a stolen car? Or how do we trust that the door is open if the light is always on???

- Gayle O., Cedar Crest, NM, US

Mar 222018

Edge

I had this problem about 20,000 kms ago and now it is back again. Tired of spending money on a known problem that Ford is aware is an ongoing issue with all 2013 Ford Edge. They should do a recall and fix the problem as it is pain in the ass and is dangerous and my door locks no longer work. PLEASE COME UP WITH A RECALL AND FIX THE PROBLEM.

- Barry C., Vermilion, AB, Canada

Dec 062017

Edge SEL V6

This issue started after my vehicle was broken into but they never wrecked anything so I'm not sure if it was coincidence or related. Usually happens more when it's cold than warm. Minus 20 it REALLY doesn't want to believe my closed door is in fact closed and latched. Sometime I stand and open and close my door 30 times before it will recognize the latch. I always make my horn honk now when locking as when its "not latched" it beeps twice. Will look into the cost for repair, not thrilled Ford won't cover it. And it started AFTER my extended warranty expired.. of course.

- Melissa A., Edmonton, AB, Canada

Jul 012016

Edge SEL 6 CYL

Started with the back left door and is now happening on driver's side door as well. Super annoying!

- Shawn C., Los Angeles, CA, US

Nov 012017

Edge SEL 3.5L

Problem was already fixed once by dealership. Ford is aware of this ongoing issue but has not come up with a solution to fix the problem permanently. Not very good customer service this was our first Ford and may be our last. Ford find a permanent solution to fix this and do a massive recall.

- Laurie S., London, ON, Canada

Apr 152017

Edge SEL 3.5L

The door ajar alarm comes on when the key is put in and stays on until key is removed. Also causes interior lights to stay on.

- stoney63362, Moscow Mills, US