7.6

$410

Most common solutions:

2. replaced door latch assembly (77 reports)
  3. clean or replace door ajar sensor (35 reports)
  4. replace door latch (13 reports)
  5. driver side door latch assembly had to be replaced by dealer (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.

Nov 192018

Edge Limited V6

Door ajar light stays on, I'm probably going to break my window for how many times I got to open and shut the door for the light to turn off. Too much $ at dealer. How can I fix it myself??

- Mindy N., Alice, TX, US

Sep 102018

Edge

Really getting tired of having to sit there and try to close my door 50 times any time I get in and out and watch and hope it registers as closed. From all the opening and closing and slamming and trying to get it off panel on the door is now coming loose. Always worried it is going to kill the battery and cost me even more time and money. We have only had this car for about 3 years.

- Constance D., Cleveland, OH, US

Oct 052018

Edge Limited 3.2L V6

Just mad mad mad mad mad mad.

- Frank N., Aurora, CO, US

Edge SEL V6

This light issue is very annoying!! It keeps my interior lights on while I am driving and doesn't allow the system to lock my doors automatically!!

- Tarah Z., Sahuarita, US

Dec 122017

Edge

When door ajar light started staying on it was winter months so frigid cold weather was 1st cause of blame due to the fact it was not consistent. After a several months it just got worse and eventually it just came to be that the door is always "ajar". Thankfully once in gear the overhead interior lights do turn off and because of the automatic shut off after 10mins or so my battery is saved as well.

- Bethany L., Edmonton, AB, Canada

Jun 232018

Edge SEL V6

Cleaned with electrical contact cleaner, lubed with WD40. Still comes on when I use the car. Sometimes it will randomly turn off while driving. It also has a box on the dash display that says "shift to park" and occasionally says " engine running". Can't lock the doors while this is on.

- Bob R., Fort Wayne, IN, US

Edge Limited 3.2L V6

At night the lights stay on while trying to back up and you cannot turn them off for any reason so its impossible to see anything around you. This is extremely unsafe and makes absolutely no sense why they would not replace this issue under a recall. Even if I fix it right away it happens again and again without warning and that could be the last time I back up before I cause an accident. This is the first ford I've ever bought and this is possible the last one because its the dumbest thing. What was wrong with the plunger style switch? what stupid engineer said : Hey this thing works too good and is way too dependable, lets make it more complicated for absolutely no reason at all."

- Caleb M., Lake Havasu City, AZ, US

Apr 082016

Edge Limited 3.5L V6

This has happened several times over the past several years; I replaced the battery after only 3 years; current battery was losing charge and it's the biggest battery that will fit in the car and wasn't cheap.. AGM battery...

- Bill B., Liberty, SC, US

May 232018

Edge SEL V6

Why won't Ford recall this? This is a pain in the A$$ alarm that should be fixed considering all the threads all over the internet on this issue. Does anyone know what to do to fix it?

- Jeremy M., Baton Rouge, LA, US

Edge SEL 3.7L V6

Please ask Ford to remove their head from the sand and address this problem. It is an obvious design flaw that Ford should acknowledge and develop a solution for. Fords only other response is to do nothing as they are now and when it gets to court it will cost substantially more to resolve this issue.

- Glen S., Dayton, IN, US

Jan 102016

Edge V6

Had to replace a sensor on a practically brand new car, twice!

- Jennifer A., Russell, KY, US

Aug 062018

Edge

When will Ford recall this issue? There are hundreds of complaints about this issue. It is very annoying and I shouldn't have to pay for this issue. Even though is it a 2013 model, It only has 30,200 miles on it.

- Rhonda W., Greensboro, NC, US

Sep 032018

Edge

The door ajar light will not turn off even when the door is completely closed. The beeping will not stop!

- David W., Los Angeles, US

Jun 012018

Edge Limited 4 cyl

This problem is very annoying! I have had my alarm go off in the middle of the night because the car decides that the door isn't closed randomly, when I know for sure that it was closed when I went to bed. I now have to leave the car unlocked overnight so it doesn't set the alarm off.

- lodisomma, Huntingtown, US

Aug 012017

Edge 3.2L V6

Door ajar warning light stays on all the time. This causes all doors to unlock while vehicle is moving and keeps dome light ON when vehicle is off and locked.

- Andrew S., Allentown, PA, US

Jun 262018

Edge SEL V6

I have seen all the complaints. The Driver Side Door Sensor light is coming on. It does not matter how many times you close the door the light stays on. You can't lock the door which is a safety concern. Also the interior lights stay on which will eventually drain my battery. I cannot afford to get this fixed. I am in a 1 income household right now. Any cheap fixes????

- LaKeenya C., Cypress, TX, US

Jun 012018

Edge 3.5L V6

Door Ajar light stays on. Sometimes it will go off after slamming the door a number of times. Sometimes it goes off as I drive. Sometimes it just stays on. SAFETY ISSUE SHOULD BE RECALLED! - Doors do not lock when in motion. Doors could open during a crash. Ford needs to recall. But they won't do it because they probably think it is less expensive to pay off individual lawsuits after there is a fatality. Probably won't buy a Ford again.

- Richard F., GAITHERSBURG, MD, US

Mar 012017

Edge ES V6

I replaced the switch myself since Ford is dragging their ass about fixing it!! PRICKS!!! I also had to fix the power brake booster because Ford said my vehicle was NOT covered by a recall. However the 2012 IS!!! Go freakin figure. PRICKS AGAIN!!!!! This is the wife's vehicle ..I personally WOULD NOT OWN A P.O.S FORD !!!! If there is a recall, I WILL FIGHT to be reimbursed and will keep receipts and my labor rate will be a bit higher than the shop rate!!! .....I like CHEVY...

- willy31hamilton@ya, Madera, US

Jul 062018

Edge LX V6

The problems started one week ago. The door is already closed and the sensor alerts that the door is open.

- Luis L., Woodstock, GA, US

Nov 042017

Edge Limited

The Interior Lights stay on excessively when the car is running and it is even worse when you turn the car off and lock the car. Interior Lights remain on along with exterior lights (like those on the side mirrors). Already had to replace one battery. Estimated fix was $500+!!! Was told by the tech at Ford this is a very common issue with the 2013 Edge, but Ford is ignoring the frequency to avoid a recall.

I don't have $500+ bucks to get it repaired, but wearing down batteries will eventually cost just as much.

HELP!!!