9.0

$150

Most common solutions:

2. replace window (2 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford Edge:

Oct 102018

Edge Sport 2.7L V6

rear window shattered

Went to get something out of my car last night and when I closed my door I heard a pop and crumbling noise. Rear window exploded inward for no reason. Only just under 20,000 miles on my Edge and in excellent condition. Dealer says they cannot do anything about it. Seeing several complaints online about this happening to multiple Ford vehicles. They need to be held accountable!!!

- Charlie A., Philadelphia, PA, US

Jan 032018

Edge 2 Litre Turbo

Car was stationary at a red light in beautiful downtown Southampton. Rear window just shattered. Nothing above, behind or in front of the car. Scared the crap out of me! Fortunately glass held together while I drove 8 km to my Ford dealer. They politely said it wasn't their problem, take car to local glass repair shop.

They were most helpful (Go Glass - Port Elgin). They managed to tape the glass together (both sides) so I could use the car. They reported that it would take up to 2 MONTHS to obtain replacement glass from Ford, so I authorized use of a non-Ford replacement. Glass was delivered & installed within a couple of days. Insurance paid the costs involved, but now my deductible will automatically rise from $100 to $500 through no fault of mine!

Thank you Ford!!!! Why was Ford quoting such a long delivery of their replacement glass?? Has there been a epidemic of these problems?

- Roger N., Southampton, ON, Canada

Feb 122018

Edge SEL 2.0L

rear window shattered

I had just returned from my grandson's basketball practice and was headed back out to go to yoga. I got in the car and shut my door - at that point I heard a loud noise - and looked back to see a big hole in the middle of my rear windshield! As I watched it proceeded to shatter into a million pieces, some of which were dropping into the back of my vehicle! It wasn't cold out, there was noone around - it made no sense what so ever! This just happened this evening, so I haven't had the opportunity to call the dealership to see what this means for my pocketbook. I am certainly glad I wasn't driving somewhere when it decided to explode! I hope this becomes a recall issue through Ford before someone does get hurt!

- Kathleen M., Franconia, NH, USA

Dec 112017

Edge Titanium

click to see larger images

rear window shattered rear window shattered

It was a cold morning as I started my car. On this particular day I didn't use my rear defroster. As I pulled out of the parking lot I hear a loud bang and noticed my rear windshield had completely shattered. This vehicle was a in great shape with no cracks, scratches, or chips on the windshield at all prior to this happening.

- Eric J., Raleigh, US