9.3

Most common solutions:

2. replace window (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford Edge:

Jan 032018

Edge 2 Litre Turbo

Car was stationary at a red light in beautiful downtown Southampton. Rear window just shattered. Nothing above, behind or in front of the car. Scared the crap out of me! Fortunately glass held together while I drove 8 km to my Ford dealer. They politely said it wasn't their problem, take car to local glass repair shop.

They were most helpful (Go Glass - Port Elgin). They managed to tape the glass together (both sides) so I could use the car. They reported that it would take up to 2 MONTHS to obtain replacement glass from Ford, so I authorized use of a non-Ford replacement. Glass was delivered & installed within a couple of days. Insurance paid the costs involved, but now my deductible will automatically rise from $100 to $500 through no fault of mine!

Thank you Ford!!!! Why was Ford quoting such a long delivery of their replacement glass?? Has there been a epidemic of these problems?

- Roger N., Southampton, ON, Canada

Feb 122018

Edge SEL 2.0L

click to see larger images

rear window shattered

I had just returned from my grandson's basketball practice and was headed back out to go to yoga. I got in the car and shut my door - at that point I heard a loud noise - and looked back to see a big hole in the middle of my rear windshield! As I watched it proceeded to shatter into a million pieces, some of which were dropping into the back of my vehicle! It wasn't cold out, there was noone around - it made no sense what so ever! This just happened this evening, so I haven't had the opportunity to call the dealership to see what this means for my pocketbook. I am certainly glad I wasn't driving somewhere when it decided to explode! I hope this becomes a recall issue through Ford before someone does get hurt!

- Kathleen M., Franconia, NH, USA

Dec 112017

Edge Titanium

click to see larger images

rear window shattered rear window shattered

It was a cold morning as I started my car. On this particular day I didn't use my rear defroster. As I pulled out of the parking lot I hear a loud bang and noticed my rear windshield had completely shattered. This vehicle was a in great shape with no cracks, scratches, or chips on the windshield at all prior to this happening.

- Eric J., Raleigh, US