Jun 072019

Escape

During operation vehicle lost ability to accelerate, all other functions still existed. Yellow service ranch appeared on dash had to pull over and put car in park, I don¿T was very rough turn engine off. After starting car back up all lights were gone, able to drive again. This has now occurred more than 20 times. We have replaced both oxygen sensors, the purge canister and the catalytic converter. Still having the same issue. When this happens on large highways or a multilane interstate it becomes a very dangerous situation.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Jul 162019

Escape

Vehicle shut down while in motion.

- Lancaster, NY, USA

Oct 192018

Escape

Intermittent rough idle/stalling at traffic lights as well as hesitation when accelerating at all speeds. Throttle body replaced under extended warranty when issue first presented last year; symptoms persist without check engine light; independent mechanic unable to diagnose/reproduce issue. Issue has been occurring for the last twelve months without resolution.

- Wilton Manors, FL, USA

Aug 252018

Escape

Electronic throttle body issue. Car stalls intermittently when accelerating at intersection. Very dangerous. Check engine light comes on code P2112. Issue happens without warning and car starts again after stall.

- Quincy, MA, USA

Jul 212018

Escape

The contact owns a 2009 Ford Escape. The contact stated that there was an abnormal fuel odor in the vehicle and the check engine warning indicator illuminated. The contact stated that the fuel valve remained opened and evaporated. The dealer (commercial motor company, 160 S commercial St, aransas pass, tx 78336) informed the contact that the fuel odor would not affect the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 125,897.

- Engleside, TX, USA

May 072018

Escape

Lee auto sales lied to me. They said nothing is wrong with the vehicle. After purchasing the vehicle I found a bunch of defects.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Apr 242018

Escape

The vehicle stalls when idling, even if only for seconds and surges forward randomly while traveling on the roadway. It has stalled on me up to 8-10 times in one trip from scottsdale to phoenix. It will stall rolling to a stop as well and has stalled on busy roadways and in intersections, putting me in great danger. This has been reported T hundreds of other drivers with the same vehicle and so far no mechanic or even the Ford dealership can pin point the cause. Other people have been reporting this same issue with their cars with only 30,000 miles and others have reprted that the car stalls at highway speeds and I am now afraid it will escalate.

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Feb 062018

Escape

The 2010 to 2012 has a recall involving the fuel system leaking. My vehicle is also leaking fuel every time the tank is filled (no, we do not "top off"), and the fumes are noticeable in and out of the vehicle. This has been happening since approximately 90,000 miles.

- Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Sep 202017

Escape

The contact owns a 2009 Ford Escape. The contact stated that there was an abnormal fuel odor from the vehicle and the check engine warning indicator illuminated. The contact stated that the fuel valve remained opened and evaporated. In addition, the contact observed a leak from the rear driver side from the upper fuel tank where there was a fracture. The local dealer and manufacturer were not contacted. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 192,000.

- 75 Rocky Road, PA, USA

Aug 012017

Escape

Was accelerating after coasting to slow down for a turn on city streets. Engine stalled out and service, oil, and battery lights all illuminated on the panel. Vehicle lost all power and had to coast to a stop. Put it in park, turned off and restarted with no issue. This is the 5th time this has happened in the last 18 months, all in simliar scenarios where accelerating after coasting.

- Lewis Center, OH, USA

Mar 312017

Escape

Electronic throttle body: Driving down the highway the vehicle lost power, I was able to avoid traffic and make it safely to the side of the road. After a few minutes I was able to restart the vehicle and continue on. A few days later this happened again, fortunately on a less crowded street.

- Kapolei, HI, USA

Oct 052016

Escape

Purchased used 2009 Escape in April 2016. Check engine light on and gas leaks over tire well when the tank is filled all the way. Took it in and upon smoke test dealership stated the top of the tank is rusted with pinholes. Trying to charge me $1600 to repair with the filler piece. Not disclaimed upon purchase. Car was inspected prior to purchase.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Sep 292016

Escape

This happens in all conditions. Engine will lose power and start stuttering like it is missing. Exhaust will stink and darken enough so that it is visible. Accelerator will not work as normal. Vehicle will eventually stall as service light comes on. Fuel pump replaced twice in 2 days. Mechanics find no codes stored. Throttle body replaced under Ford customer service program. It reoccurred the next day. This needs to be recalled and fixed. The vehicle will slow and stall suddenly and is a safety issue.

- Castle Rock, CO, USA

Sep 122016

Escape

Gas tank. Lots of corrosion where filler neck connects to the gas tank. When gas tank is full gas leaks from the corrosion point. Vehicle was parked in my garage when I noticed a strong gas odor. I moved the vehicle to the driveway and noticed a wet spot on the garage floor that reeked of gas. The spot corresponds to the area below the gas tank filler. I'm concerned the leaking gas is an environmental hazard and also concerned the leaking gas may ignite causing a fire and possible explosion. Help!!!

- Lorain, OH, USA

Jul 312016

Escape

Vehicle no power and surging.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Jul 242016

Escape 4-cyl

Please see this clip on youtube that explains our issue. Https://www.youtube.com/watch"V=ucusqj3-evk my vehicle, without warning will lose power and the wrench light appears. Same thing, mechanic has no clue. Why can't Ford figure this out. It's dangerous. My wife has stalled several times in traffic. What can be done" thank you!

- Blackwood, NJ, USA

Jul 022016

Escape

Wrench light keep coming on in motion

- Orange, TX, USA

Jun 282016

Escape

My Ford Escape has intermittent stalling or seems like loss of power, car will stay on but seem like it wants to stall. If trying to give it gas it does not respond. Once turned off and then on again it works like normal until it happens again. It can happen at take off or while on the freeway going with the speed of traffic all of a sudden. At first I thought it was nothing but as time has passed it has become more regular and now I am having to get it repaired.

- Westminster, CA, USA

May 162016

Escape

The vehicle has been leaking fuel since Feb. 2016 the engine light came on and I've replaced the evap. Canister due to the leak, the seal with it as well, and the canister purge valve. All this work was done at 2 different Ford dealerships. I was still leaking fuel and wrote to Ford who told me to take it to the dealership and they would fix it gratis. At the dealership they told me it was the gasket going into the tank and that "should" take care of the problem. It didn't. gas fumes still filled my car, and leaked gas all over the ground wherever I drove or parked. I returned to the dealership and told them I was still leaking fuel, but no engine light as in the last visit. They could smell it and see it had soaked the rear end of my vehicle. This time the mechanic told me there is a plastic ring around the top of the tank that was cracked and I would have to replace the whole tank and system for approximately $1000 additional on top of what I had already replaced. I asked him how all these mechanics could miss this"? and how can it crack if it's so tight in there unless the vehicle had been in an accident or is there a design flaw, or a failure of the part itself because of some problem in manufacturing. The car leaks while parked, in motion, and fills with gas fumes. I am terrified I may hit a pot hole and blow up. Myself I don't mind, but I have my 2yo grandson with me and that is just scary as all get out. And there is no engine light that comes on for this. He tells me the part seals as the system compresses when starting and the gas expands with heat that's why the overflow.that may explain some, but I lose a tank of gas every 2-4 days. If the break is at the top how is the gas leaving my tank in such extraordinary amounts" and the only people who serviced that car were Ford "mechanics".computer illiterate for uploads, but I have documentation& pics

- Myrtle Beach, SC, USA

Mar 222016

Escape

I had my evap canister leak which I paid to have replaced approximately 100 miles ago on this vehicle due to a gas leak. Now I've been told they have to replace the seal because it is leaking fuel around this evap canister and it's a "closed" system. They claim the seal blew because of the system when they put in the new evap canister. They offered to do this for an additional $178.60 at Ford's quick lane service. When they replaced the evap canister why didn't they redo the seal then? they claim it didn't show on the codes in the computer. Yet the gas smell never went away and I found gas under my vehicle everyday from before and since the "repair" of the evap canister. I was away and when I returned I called them and took it in and that's when I was given this information. They also tell me other internal seals can also go when they change this evap canister. I get the "privilege" of paying them each time they do a repair twice! one for whatever they replaced the evap canister which they swear was the only problem and then when it didn't reseal the system the seal blew. I find it very hard to believe they couldn't have seen or known about this seal from this happening before. And even if they didn't or couldn't, why wasn't the seal replaced as a precaution to their sealed system. My vehicle is a 2009 Ford Escape, and it has been in their shop for more repairs than I care to remember. Every time they fix one problem another one miraculously appears within 100 miles or so.

- Myrtle Beach, SC, USA