Mar 052019

Power steering assist failure

- Galesburg, IL, USA

Apr 072019

Escape

Steering wheel started to shake driving down interstate like I was out of control at various speeds..

- Franksville, WI, USA

Feb 172019

Escape

Due to a recall issued by Ford Motor Company (NHTSA recall 14V-284), jerry's Ford (annandale, va) replaced the power steering system on my 2009 Ford Escape on July 24, 2014, at no charge. At the time, the Escape's mileage was 32,950. On February 17, 2019, the power steering failed when I was driving in heavy traffic a few miles from ourisman Ford (6129 richmond hwy, alexandria, va). With great difficulty, I managed to drive to ourisman, where, two days later, they replaced the failed system at a cost of $2,319.97. At that time, the Escape's mileage was 54,061. The power steering system that had been replaced on recall lasted only 21,111 miles and fewer than 4.5 years. The Escape is otherwise in excellent condition and has been regularly maintained since I purchased it in 2008. It's reasonable to expect that the part would have lasted longer, especially since its failure may have caused serious injury. I made several attempts to resolve the issue. On February 22, I spoke with brendon at Ford corporate (800.392.3673). He said he could do nothing and suggested I contact the dealer. On February 28, I spoke with chuck jackowski at ourisman, who said he might be able to help and would call me back, but did not call. When I called again on March 7, chuck said he did not yet have a solution, but would follow up and call me on March 8; he did not call. I called chuck once more on March 13 and joon ko answered. I identified myself, joon said he would get chuck, but returned to say that chuck was busy and would call me back shortly. Chuck did not call. I have also written to Ford corporate; no reply.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Apr 012019

Escape

My power steering went totally out while driving and turning on a city street and almost caused me to crash with my children in the car!

- Oak Lawn, IL, USA

Feb 032019

Escape

My cars electrical power steering failed after I stopped for gas. Prior to this my cars steering wheel would shake when ever the car was running and not in motion, like when sitting at a red light for example. This occurred for about 3 days before the power steering failed. A recall has been issued but my VIN says my car was not included in the recall. I can not turn my steering wheel anymore without a lot of effort making the car to dangerous to drive.

- Rochester, MI, USA

Sep 272016

Escape

The contact owns a 2009 Ford Escape. After the vehicle was repaired per NHTSA campaign number: 14V284000 (steering) by antelope valley Ford (1155 auto mall dr, lancaster, ca 93534, (888) 415-0959), the power steering failed while driving various speeds. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 150,000.

- Los Angles, CA, USA

Mar 222019

Escape

Power steering asst. Went out. On checking, there is a Ford recall 14S05 for that problem. According to Ford, the recall work was preformed on Sept 11, 2014 by joe cooper Ford. They furnished me a document # 680882E. I was never informed of this work and do not think it was preformed. The torque sensor has gone out and the car went into sudden manual steering while driving which was difficult to perform. I was afraid I would have an accident. I was driving on a city street in tulsa ok at 40 mph when the power assist went out without warning of any kind. I believe Ford should have informed me of the problem and replaced the faulty torque sensor at the time of the warranty work

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Dec 122018

Escape

Power steering went out while driving with no warning so there was a recall on some but not all Escapes on a city street while I was turning at an intersection

- Paradise, TX, USA

Mar 222019

Escape

Power steering went out while driving a dangerous road. No warning light. Very difficult to steer. Home

- Rio Vista, CA, USA

Mar 162019

Escape

Power steering has gone out. The steering wheel vibrated before it just went out. Vehicle was stationary and when I started it up and tried to back up it was extremely hard to turn the wheel.

- Westland, MI, USA

Oct 232018

Escape

Power steering went out with no warning when backing out of a parking space. Other VIN #S of my year and assembly plant are covered by recall, but not mine. Landers Ford collierville assessed problem as steering angel torque sensor malfunction and pscm internally faulty. Obviously my VIN should be included in a recall for free repair by Ford.

- Olive Branch, MS, USA

Mar 162019

Escape

I both the car used but the powersteering went out about to cause death it did the same thing the recall said

- Lindale, TX, USA

Mar 092019

Escape

Power steering failure. Exact failure as reported under Ford recall # 14S05 but this specific VIN# is not a part of the recall. Power steering failed while driving. Could have potentially resulted in loss of control and crash.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Escape

Power steering failure!! had to take to a dealership and was given code B2337B. So now, they want to charge $1200 to replace my steering column. They said it's not functioning! that is a major safety concern. Ford company said the power steering recall hasn't included my VIN number yet but to save receipt just in case that changes.

- Evansville, IN, USA

Escape

The power steering went out. The wheel had been shuddering for a few weeks and gradually getting worse. While driving down the highway the power steering suddenly went out. I had to get the entire power steering column and parts replaced. My mechanic said that Ford recalled all power steering in cars made from 2008-2011, but for some reason my car did not have a recall even though it was made during those years.

- Watertown, SD, USA

Mar 072019

Escape

The vehicle is having electrical issues. The for dealer says its a sensor but it has thrown out my power steering

- Shelby, MI, USA

Escape

Power assist light came on while driving very hard to steer per dealership steering torch sensor out not covered by any recall

- Chesterfield, MO, USA

Mar 022019

Escape

While traveling at 35mph on a city street an alert sounded on the vehicle followed by a message stating power steering assist fault. Vehicle immediately became hard to steer and nearly resulted in a collusion. Managed to pull vehicle in a parking lot and message continued to be displayed after restarting vehicle. Contacted tow service to have vehicle towed to dealership.

- Norman, OK, USA

Mar 012019

Escape

Power steering assist fault alert is on and now great effort to turn with steering. Just got in car this morning and it was a first time alert in stationary

- Evansville, IN, USA

Feb 192019

Escape

I was having problems with my steering wheel shaking, I took it into midas to have it checked and they thought it might be a build up of snow and ice as the weather has been very cold. They said it could also be the steering and to take it to Ford. I drove to see my son in battle creek about 40 miles away and after my visit and on my way home it seemed to be getting more shaky so I went right home and as I turned into the driveway the steering went out. So I called brooklyn Ford and had my car towed to them as they are very reputable. They said that I was the eighth person they had to fix this same problem. Now I think that is eight to many and think something was wrong when there was a recall for this problem on the 2008 models. Brooklyn Ford said the cause was a scanned code-B2278 steering shaft torque sensor malfunction-internal failure to torque sensor. Brooklyn Ford had to replace steering column ( part number cl8Z 3C529D), reprogram, clear code, retest. The cost for this was $1,285.85 and being a retired senior this was a good share of my living expenses. Please research this as it just seems funny that so many cars had to have this done just this year.

- Jackson, MI, USA