9.0

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Escape:

Nov 222017

Escape SEL 1.6L

So I bought this Escape thinking great car for winter driving until 10 months into owning the car. I noticed my coolant kept leaking out. went back to Key Auto in Somersworth NH and told them my problem. They looked at it and said we can't fix it. It takes a special tool to take the water pump off. So I went to the Ford garage. My mistake not taking extended warranty, it ended up costing me about 1000 dollars that time.

A year ago went back to Key Auto said my coolant is still leaking out. They said they had to replace a hose, another cost of 300 dollars. Just a month ago my coolant light came on. I filled it. 2 days later it was gone again. My husband came to pick me up. He put coolant in it twice that day. Driving me home from work the power shut off on us on the highway, saying engine over heating. So we were stuck on the side of the road for about an hour. I did finally get a warranty on the car. We got towed to the Ford garage in Rochester NH and once they checked it out they said they replaced some hoses, the coolant tank and something else. The bill was 1700 dollars.

Just the other night I was out and my coolant light came on again. Checked my coolant, it was low. Called the Ford garage, they looked at it and said it's not external, so bad news it might be internal not good. So I still owe a lot on this car, and I'm having a hard time to get rid of it. When this first started happening I tried to return it but Key Auto said because I haven't had the car long enough they wouldn't work with me. Help me out, please.

- , Rochester, US

Sep 192016

Escape SE Ecoboost 1.6L

This was my husband's company car, he purchased it from Wheels, Inc., I received this car 1/4/16. 1st problem occurred 8/2/16. Coolant problem began 09/12/16, coolant evaporated no leak by Clark Tire, they informed me there is a recall for this issue by FORD. To this day the coolant evaporates monthly I carry coolant in my car. Coolant has been checked by Clark Tire, Ford has checked 3 times (total of 4 X's), Chett, Cliff and Rob at Huntersville Ford, NC have NEVER been able to duplicate the coolant PROBLEM! I had just picked up my car from Ford next day I was stranded because car stopped running, NO COOLANT! I called Ford from my car spoke to CHETT, I was crying and yelling I felt Ford should have come to get me and tow my car back to their Dealership, he said they could not do that he said it was my problem. PS. When car was dropped off the night before not sure who checked it, I have no receipt because there was no charge.

How hard is it to drive my car for a while (Ford has had my car for a week at a time) open the hood and look at the COOLANT TANK! NOW, the car began slipping while driving in May 2017. Drove my car 7/19/17, car slipping while driving on continued basis. On my way back home Engine light came on Flashing, car violently began shaking, pulled over read manual TAKE TO FORD DEALERSHIP ASAP!

Didn't drive again. Dropped off my car AGAIN at Ford Huntersville, NC on 7/22/17, while driving to dealership NO SHAKING, COOL AIR, flashing engine light. Chett received my car at this visit, he said 'I remember you, you had the coolant problem', I told him what was going on, and asked him to AGAIN check the coolant system, I asked if there could there be a small hole in the tank, Chett said no. I Received a call from him I quote "We could not duplicate the problem, removed spark plug #3, when removing spark plug #2 they could not because he said it was stripped! If Ford continues to try to remove that spark plug it could come out stripped, if that happens it will cost ME between $4,000.00 - $5000.00!!!!".

Chett then stated I quote "He has seen this problem before with Escapes over 100,000 miles and NOW believes that is where the coolant is leaking!". Since Chett is so knowledgeable WHY WAS THIS NOT ADDRESSED back in 9/2016!!!! I picked my car up on 7/29 my car IT WAS VIOLENTLY shaking engine light flashing stayed at Ford, young service rep witnessed it as well as ROB at FORD. I can't drive my car light continues to flash car shakes ALL THE TIME now I have no COOL AIR when running the air conditioning system!

- , Denver, NC, US