8.0

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Escape:

Apr 112014

Escape S 4.0L

Had car washed and windshield cracked from hood to tint part of windshield called dealer they said call your insurance and hung up.. I then called Ford head office and they gave me a case # to take to dealer they have to look at it and determine its a fault with the glass!!! Will take it there on Monday and see what they say?!!

- , Mississauga, Ontario, canada

Mar 212013

Escape Limited 3.2L V6

click to see larger images

windshield cracked

I rented a Ford Escape 2013 Model from Budget in Vancouver Canada, drove it for 2 days in Vancouver and then went to Portland with no problems for 3 days. On the 4th day, I was returning to BC and around Chehalis in Washington State, It started raining so I put on the front and back wipers, defrost and fan for 10mins. Then after the rain stopped, I put the wipers and the defrost and fan off. I immediately saw a crack in the windshield out of nowhere.

I did not hit anything, there was no rocks flying and there is no sign of a chip in the windshield just a crack right across from the hood on the tinted area towards the middle of the windshield about a metre long. Weird stuff.!!!

Anyways, I returned the car to Budget and explained to them what happened and they told me they have not come across such a thing, just one guy looked at it and he said sometimes it is the weather. It can happen if the weather gets so cold but they will forward it to their claim centre to have an expert look at it and will hear from them in 5-7 business days.

I was in shocked and was looking for answers as to why a car windshield can just crack without any impact and therefore I decided to check online to see if anyone had been in a similar situation because it feels weird to me hence my story on this website. Stay tuned and will update you with budget. I am actually going to forward this complaints of windshield problems with FORD ESCAPE to them because Ford needs to use quality glass for windshields, it is very dangerous and someone needs to instigate a lawsuit. I guess I was lucky the glass did not shatter on me and my children in the car.

Update from Mar 22, 2013: I have a Cadillac Escalade I bought in early 2005 but it is a 2004 model and I am still using it up to date. I ship it to West Africa 2011 because I am doing some work there and there is no dent in the windshield even with all the bad roads and dust, my truck is 8yrs old and it is in a perfect condition and still looks very new.

Ford Escape sucks!!! It is not a reliable car one should consider buying.

- , Surrey, BC, Canada