6.0

$500

Most common solutions:

1. replaced brake booster and brake master cylinder (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford Expedition:

Apr 252019

Expedition XLT EL 3.5L V6

click to see larger images

low brake fluid light on, brakes failed

My wife noticed the Brake fluid warning light came on while attempting to go pick up our son at school. I am glad she made decision to change cars and leave Expedition at home. I was out of town and next morning went to take my son to School in the Expedition and as I began to back out of driveway, noticed that the Brake Fluid low warning light was on and brake pedal went to floor. Had to jam on the Emergency brake to stop from backing into neighbors car. Got out and didn't notice any puddles or leaking. Talked with my wife she hadn't noticed any the days before. Went to purchase some Brake Fluid, filled the empty reservoir and noticed it disappeared, but again no leaking in the driveway. tried to pump brakes but nothing, still going to the floor. Called a great Mobile mechanic to come out, explained the situation, located the brake fluid in the Brake Booster. Had to replace the Brake Booster and Master Cylinder. Extremely disappointed that this has not been corrected as it appears to be an issue.

- btbailey1, Las Vegas, US