6.0

$680

Most common solutions:

1. replaced brake booster and brake master cylinder (2 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford Expedition:

May 282019

Expedition LT Ecoboost

Driving to work and coming up to a stop light, the brake fluid level warning light came on but the brakes were still functioning. I pulled into a convenience store, popped the hood and looked at the fluid reservoir which was very low. I could not see any leaks anywhere. I decided to go onto the Ford dealership and leave it there to be fixed. I made it about 3 more miles and tried braking to turn but the truck had other plans. I used the emergency brake to slow the truck and pull into an abandoned store. Had the truck towed to the dealership and it was diagnosed with a leaking master cylinder into the booster. Just had it serviced 6 weeks before at the same dealership and told everything was ok.

- Dawn B., Stony Creek, US

Apr 252019

Expedition XLT EL 3.5L V6

click to see larger images

low brake fluid light on, brakes failed

My wife noticed the Brake fluid warning light came on while attempting to go pick up our son at school. I am glad she made decision to change cars and leave Expedition at home. I was out of town and next morning went to take my son to School in the Expedition and as I began to back out of driveway, noticed that the Brake Fluid low warning light was on and brake pedal went to floor. Had to jam on the Emergency brake to stop from backing into neighbors car. Got out and didn't notice any puddles or leaking. Talked with my wife she hadn't noticed any the days before. Went to purchase some Brake Fluid, filled the empty reservoir and noticed it disappeared, but again no leaking in the driveway. tried to pump brakes but nothing, still going to the floor. Called a great Mobile mechanic to come out, explained the situation, located the brake fluid in the Brake Booster. Had to replace the Brake Booster and Master Cylinder. Extremely disappointed that this has not been corrected as it appears to be an issue.

- btbailey1, Las Vegas, US