9.0

$430

Most common solutions:

2. replace throttle body (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford Expedition:

Sep 142018

Expedition XLT 3.7L V6

I was leaving a high school football game late on Friday night headed back to DFW. I was on the highway and all of a sudden my Expedition lost all power and the "wrench" warning light came on telling me to "Check manual". I coasted to the side, turned off the ignition and restarted the vehicle. It ran fine for a couple of miles and then did the same thing again. It was late at night and I was in an area where I knew nobody so I found the nearest Ford dealer and thought I would try to get the vehicle there. Luckily there was one about 10 miles away. It took me almost an hour to go the 10 miles as the vehicle would run fine for a little while and then just shut down again. I've been driving 35 years now and have never experienced anything like this before. I was completely baffled at this issue.

After phoning a friend to come get me and drive me the 3 hours home in the middle of the night I researched the issue on the internet the next day. I was appalled to read about the "throttle body" issue in these Fords dating back to the early 2000s. Obviously the same thing has happened to MANY people and for MANY years. My Expedition is only 2 years old. However I read about this issue going back many years and many Ford recalls for this part. Unfortunately, my vehicle hasn't been recalled YET even though it appears this is still an ongoing problem for all Ford trucks and SUVs.

I just spoke to the dealer and my vehicle did have a throttle body problem and needed to be replaced. Ford really needs to fix this issue before somebody gets killed. My vehicle did maintain power steering and brakes somehow which is better than what I read but this is apparently still an issue that shouldn't happen!!

- Keith W., Argyle, TX, US

Nov 162017

Expedition Limited Ecoboost V6

engine shuts down while driving. dash says "see manual"

Twice last week my 2016 Expedition shut down and went into "limp home" mode, once while traveling 60 MPH on the highway with my kids. Upon doing some research there is a problem with Ford's throttle body (EBT), which when there is an issue it shuts the power to the engine down, which is exactly what is happening to mine. There is no recall which I can't believe with all of the other complaints out there. I guess I'll have to pay to get it fixed and then hope there is a recall later. But I can't drive it as is.

- Garrick B., Dallas, US