Jul 112018

Explorer

Takata recall I was driving about 5 miles per hour when the side air bags deploy on there own making a big blast without been involving in accident I don't know watt cause the air bags to deploy this could been a big accident if I was driving on the main highway at normal speed resulting in possible death

- Huntingtown, MD, USA

Mar 122018

Explorer

Takata recall I had an accident on hwy 701, I went off the road and hit a cement culvert going 45mph and my driver side airbag didn't deploy I suffered 2 spinal fractures.

- Four Oaks, NC, USA

Jul 122017

Explorer

2004 Ford Explorer traveling 40-45mph on a rural road. Driver lost control of the vehicle at a "S" curve and hit an utility pole with the front end. The pole was snapped in half. Airbags did not deploy. Driver was the only person in the vehicle. 35 lb dog was on the passenger seat. Driver was wearing a seat belt. Driver hit his chest on the steering wheel bruising his lung. Driver also hit his head on the windshield causing a laceration (approximately 1.5") down to his skull. Driver was transferred via ambulance to the nearest hospital and admitted for 48 hours. The canine broke her back and had to be put down the following day.

- Wpafb, OH, USA

Sep 202016

Explorer

Significant front end impact with no airbag deployment. Vehicle was moving forward at the time of the accident on a city street.

- University Place, WA, USA

Sep 202016

Explorer

The airbag on the drivers side did not deploy during the crash. The vehicle was traveling at 50 mph as indicated on the speedometer. Vehicle was on the highway at the time of impact. This failure resulted in multiple injuries to the driver.

- University Place, WA, USA

Mar 202016

Explorer

The car was involved in an accident on 3/20/2016 - the air bags did not deploy on impact.

- Glendale, CA, USA

Jan 282016

Explorer

Takata recall I was traveling home on a local city street. I was coming to an intersection with cars stopped at the traffic light. I had to have been going no more than 35 mph at the most when the "side" airbags deployed. The drivers and dash airbags did not deploy. Only the four side airbags deploy. The road was smooth and not bumpy. I did not hit the brakes hard. I did not hit anything nor did anything hit me. I do not know what caused them to deploy. No accident happened because of the deployment because I was not traveling at a speed that would cause an accident. I have made calls to Ford and my VIN number is not one listed for the recall at this time.

- Cleveland, TN, USA

Aug 072015

Explorer

On Friday, August 7th at 1:00 pm I was going North on highway 52 out of rochester when the side airbags in my 2004 Ford Explorer spontaneously deployed. It sounded like a bomb went off in my vehicle and the driver side airbag struck the side of my face. After realizing what happened I could not see out the passenger windows of my truck (safety hazard as the airbags are now blocking vision of the highway), so I was forced to pull off on the left side of the highway (very dangerous). Because I was so shaken up I had to stand outside of my vehicle as I was so scared that the front airbag was next. I had someone come pick me up. I left the vehicle there and went to the Ford dealership to let them know about what happened. I was told that there is probably nothing they can do because my truck is out of warranty…what"?" on Monday I called the Ford Motor Company and explained the situation. I was told that the case was being escalated to the regional level and that they would contact me within 24 hours. I called again on Tuesday afternoon and was told they would send an E-mail to have the rep call me as soon as possible. Wednesday I called again and was told they would send an email and they also connected me to a voicemail so I left a message. I finally received a call at 5:00 on Thursday and was told that Ford will pay for the cost to download the data I am responsible for any repairs because the vehicle is out of warranty. I want compensation and I want answers! I could have been killed, I could have killed others if I had lost control, this could have been a very bad and dangerous situation and something needs to be done.

- Lake City, MN, USA

Jul 092009

Explorer

I've had two (2) accidents (rear-ended and front accident), in which the air bags did not deploy. I didn't think of it at the time, but both accidents sustained extensive damage to my vehicle, yet the air bags didn't deploy. I hit the wheel hard and went to the hospital for X-ray, but it wasn't an injury that required anything further. My concern is that the air bags don't work. What should I do? I'm the original owner.

- Roseville, CA, USA

Jan 052015

Explorer 4WD 8-cyl

My daughter was driving our Ford Explorer, had come to a complete stop and was waiting to exit the freeway, traffic in front of her had also stopped. She got hit from behind by a car who failed to stop and was going at unsafe speed, according to police report, and pushed our Explorer onto a truck. The front passenger airbag deployed but there was no other passenger in the car. The driver side airbag did not deploy and my daughter hit her face against the steering wheel. We have been the only owners of the vehicle.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Explorer

The morning of the incident my wife turn the car on to warm it up before taking the kids to school and she was sitting in the driver's side when the airbag pop by it self she hurt her left arm and right arm called Ford the same day of the incident and they told me to wait a couple of days for they could send a letter to me for I could take it to a dealer waited and took it they took a look at it and pulled the restraints control module and installed a new one and waited for Ford to look at the module they pulled they send me a letter saying nothing was wrong with the module and they could not tell me why airbag pop.

Jul 072014

Explorer 6-cyl

Driver #1(me) was traveling South on statesville rd. Driver #1 stated that she was initially a few car lengths behind vehicle #2. driver #1 stated that vehicle #2 made a sudden stop. Driver #1 stated that she could not stop in time and struck vehicle #2 in the rear. Driver #2 stated that he stopped to turn into center and was rear ended by vehicle #1. witnesses, stated that the driver of the Honda (vehicle #2) appeared to have over shot his turn, and slammed on his brakes to make a right turn into the pva.

- Concord, NC, USA

Nov 152011

Explorer 8-cyl

With no warning or abnormal instrument indications, both side air bags inadvertently deployed during vehicle operation. Vehicle was on a level paved state highway, between intersections, operating between 30-35mph.

- Peachtree City, GA, USA

Jul 112011

Explorer

The contact owns a 2004 Ford Explorer. The contact was driving 65 mph when a crash occurred. The air bags failed to deploy and both the driver and passenger were injured. The passenger was ejected through the windshield and injured. The vehicle was destroyed. Prior to the crash, the brakes, rotors and wheel bearings were repaired. The VIN was not available. The police were notified and a report was filed. The failure mileage was 85,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- East Cleveland, OH, USA