6.1

Aug 262010

F-150

Front passenger side window suddenly dropped for no reason.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Nov 102004

F-150 8-cyl

Had horrible vibration at highway speeds, after 6 or so visits they replaced the driveshaft. Now at idle warm or cold I have a constant shutter, and now a steering wheel nibble has developed. Completely dissappointed in this truck.this was my first new vehicle, a shame it turned out like this!

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Oct 252003

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

Purchased '04 F-150 in October or '03. At speeds, the vibration was so bad that my hands shook on the wheel, and I could see the hood moving. Two trips to the dealer to change tires and balance, etc. Did nothing, then a particular mechanic got on it and found out about the damper fix. He installed it and there is great improvement. I am amazed that the truck continues to be sold with no effort to correct the vibration problems, particularly when the advertising continues to say that it is such a remarkable vehicle. I also had a sidewall blow out and it was tough to find replacement general tire in the correct size. My complaint isn't the dealer, its the designers. I'll be interested to see if changes are made in the 2005.

- Vevay, IN, USA

Jan 162004

F-150

The consumer stated the manufacturer installed a thin metal cooling coil on the front frame member, which was 13 inches from the ground. This coil could be damaged if the truck goes throw a puddle, which would result in steering failure.

- Houston, TX, USA