Mar 252010

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

The window to the Ford F-150 was down about half way. I pressed the button to pull it back up but instead there was a clicking noise and it fell down completely. I pressed to bring it back up but it was useless because it didn't function correctly anymore. This problem has occured 3 times: The two back seat windows and the driver's window. The first time it happend I took it to the Ford dealership to get it fixed and was charged 400 dollars. This malfunction could cause saftey hazards.

- Mcdonough, GA, USA

Mar 192010

Window regulators failed

- San Clemente, CA, USA

Mar 162010

F-150

My third power window regulator broke. Each time it was a different window. I had them replaced at the Ford garage.

- Pennsville, NJ, USA

Apr 022010

F-150

Had just rolled up front pasenger side window when I heard a loud thump. I was in heavy traffic and nearly @&*^ my pants. I realized the window had fell from it's track and won't go back up. Dealership is closed, will be driving with plastic on the window. Not good. Researching this problem I see it is a major issue, and likely a safety hazzard.

- Seminole, FL, USA

Apr 012010

F-150

I month ago, I had the driverside window regulator replace on my 2004 Ford 150, today my daughter and I are on our way to the store and the window on the rear passengers side comes crashing down. If this is sa know defect why is frod not replacing them. Someone is going to get hurt soon or later by this.

- Covington, GA, USA

Mar 232010

F-150

Third time in 5 years power window regulator on my 2004 Ford F-150 has failed. Failure usually occurs while driving. Window simply falls into the door and there is nothing you can do to pull it back up. Were this type of incident occur during adverse weather, on the driver's side, serious consequences are highly likely.

- Winchester, KY, USA

Feb 012010

F-150

Windows would roll up and down normally with no problem. One day in Feb. Of 2010 my pasenger backseat window fell down halfway into the door. I could not use my power switch at all. In fact when I tried it gave off a burnt smell. I was told to replace the window regulator. I couldn't find one locally so I temporaraly fixed it by putting a heavy duty piece of cardboard in the door to hold the window up. No more than about 2 weeks later, my driverside backseat window did the exact same thing. So I searched online and found a new pair to replace the broken ones. Then on 3/22/2010 while driving, my driverside front window began to creep down. I tried the switch and slam! the window fell all the way into the door. I can't even pull it out enough to tape it shut. I am truely upset because not only is this a huge inconvienience, but a safety hazzard. Each window regulator is roughly $130-$145 depending on which side is needed. This price is picked up, not an installed quote. My parts are ordered and on thier way.

- Donna, TX, USA

Mar 242010

F-150

2004 Ford F-150 slt supercrew 4-door...power window fails, window falls down into door...this is my fourth incident, once for each window...the fix is to replace the "power window regulator assembly" which costs over $450

- Garden Grove, CA, USA

Mar 232010

F-150

2004 F150 super-crew Ford window regulator/motors and cable/pulley assemblies. I've had three windows fall into the door after making a very loud noise while driving. This has cost me over $1,275

- Goose Creek, SC, USA

Apr 012008

F-150

The brake system uses plastic "O" rings, instead of metal, in the brake calipers. Upon cool over time the "O" ring warps. Meaning every time I use my brakes, I'm damaging my brake system.

- Plano, TX, USA

Jan 312010

F-150

During winter storm 2010 (January 30-31, 2010) the passager window on my 2004 F-150 suddenly fell down and would not go back up. Took this vehicle to cavilier Ford in chesapeake, va and was told that the window regulator/pulley assembly was broken and that the cost of repair would cost $535; reseached this on the web (carcomplaints.com) and this seems to be a big, big, costly and dangerous problem. This should be a recall fix. This could happen to the other 3 windows and could happen repeatly.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Oct 222009

F-150

I bought a 2004 Ford F-150 supercrew truck last October. When I took it home from the dealer, I rolled down the passenger-side rear window and it just dropped inside the door. I took it back to the dealer and they fixed it. I thought it was just a random incident or that it just came off the track and no big deal. Well, a couple days ago (now that I've had it for 1 year and no warranty) I picked up my kids from school and as we were driving home the driver-side rear window (the other one this time) fell down inside the door. I had no warning, didn't hit any button, and suddenly wondered where the wind was coming from. At first I thought my kids rolled it down but hey didn't. I tried to roll it up with the power control button on my arm-rest and nothing happened. All I heard was a grinding sound and remembered what happened the first time around and went "awww great!" this is the second window in a year and after researching heavily online I discovered I'm not alone. I am dumbfounded as to how this issue with Ford window regulator/motors and cable/pulley assemblies has not forced a recall!!! how is this possible with all of the complaints posted with NHTSA and online forums" I have been told this isn't a recall issue because it doesn't affect emissions or safety, but if that's the case, how is this not a safety/security issue??? I'm lucky that my window didn't shatter and hit me or, more importantly, my children! not only that, but what if this had caused an accident? nobody should be driving down the road, hear a loud clunk, freak out, and swerve off the road! not a safety issue? seriously? and what about this being a security issue? how in the hell do I keep my window up and lock my truck while I'm shopping for groceries or something? not only could someone steal something inside but they could steal my truck! if this isn't a security issue then why do I have remote locks/alarm" something has to be done about this! I don't have $400 to throw away in this economy!

- Menifee, CA, USA

Aug 142009

F-150

Ford 2004 F150 crewcab driver side window will not roll up. This is a safety hazard.

- Longview, WA, USA

Aug 172009

F-150

2004 F150 supercrew lariat drivers side rear window dropped down, cable failure. This happened while driving with people in the vehicle.

- Attleboro, MA, USA

Mar 292009

F-150

We own a 2004 F150 lariat 4X4 pickup with just over 50K miles on it. In less than 3 months two (2) of the four (4) power windows have dropped without warning. These windows have simply fallen down driving the vehicle without any bumps or accidents preceding them falling. What is worse is that my two year daughter was in car seat yesterday next to the back window that dropped as we were driving. What if some debris from passing traffic or semi trailer had blown by...this would have been a major catastrophe. And all Ford can say is..."sorry, it will cost you $400 to fix." Well, that isn't good enough. Something needs to be done about it. Far too many incidents like this are happening. See the following hyperlink for others with similar problems. www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/F-150/2004/windows_windshield/window_does_not_roll_up.shtml.

- New Braunfels, TX, USA

Mar 052004

F-150 8-cyl

Was driving my 2004 Ford F-150 supercab pickup truck (4.6L V8 2wd) at highway speed when I heard a loud bang and scared me enough to nearly lose control of my vehicle. The sound I heard I thought was someone shooting out my drivers side power window when it turns out it just fell into the door because of a faulty power window regulator. Now it will cost me nearly $400 to replace when it is just a plastic clip. Turns out that this is a very common problem with Ford trucks and am shocked that this has not been recalled by the NHTSA since this is a serious safety issue as the doors and windows, as well as the seatbelts, are what keeps the driver and or passengers in the vehicle...I am extremely upset not at the repair cost but that my safety is being compromised at Ford Motor Company's expense with nothing being done about it. Just how many people need to complain about this before it is recalled or are we just waiting for a serious injury or a death for something to happen.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Aug 272008

F-150

The contact owns a 2004 Ford F-150. The contact noticed that the paint on the hood and the front end of the vehicle was abnormally chipping. He took the vehicle to the dealer and they stated that the failure resulted from when the vehicle was manufactured. The coating of the paint was 10-12 mm. As a result, the thick coating inevitably led to the paint chipping. The contact is in the process of notifying the manufacturer. The failure and current mileages were 86,000.

- Santa Fe, NM, USA

Jul 312008

F-150

I own a 2004 F150 supercrew. I purchased the vehicle with 24000 on it, and I also purchased an extended warranty that was suppose to cover the vehicle bumper to bumper. Or, so I was told when I purchased the coverage. In addition to having the rear window repaired twice the side windows also seem to be defective. My first window fell when I only had 37000 on the vehicle. So much for an extended warranty. I still had to pay $100 to cover the deductible. I now have 43000 on my truck and window #2 has broken. I was sitting in a parking lot when we heard a loud bang. I pushed the button to roll down the passenger window and that was it. Window number 2 had broken. It's was 115 degrees, and I had a 40 mile trip home. Not only could my tools and the medical equipment I carry be stolen but, its possible the truck could be stolen as well. I am now not comfortable taking my truck any where. Its very disturbing to pay for a new vehicle and have things like this happen. I have built race cars and trucks, and I have never seen door window regulators fail like this. The window has maybe been used 20 times. I rarely have anyone sitting in the passenger seat. This indicates to me that Ford installed defective window regulators in the newer style F150 trucks. After looking on the internet, I see I am not alone. This problem has happened to many others. It seems to me that this qualifies as a recall or bulletin at the least. You can imagine my anger when I found out that I had to pay for the repair. Not only should this not happen in a new vehicle, now I am not sure I should even take the chance to drive it anywhere for fear it could be stolen. Please know that if anything is stolen out of my truck or the vehicle it self is stolen, because the window has broken, I will alert my insurance carrier of the window situation. I would appreciate an explanation why this is not considered a recall.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Mar 082008

F-150

I own a 2004 Ford F150 the windows in my truck have fallen damaging window tint scratching windows the part that holds the window up is made of plastic and the replacements are made of the same materials as oem which causes the same problem to occur again each time the part fails the cost is $160 only from the dealer I have researched this problem on different Ford sites and many Ford F150 owners are having the same problem I don't think this is fair to the consumer to have to keep repairing at their own expense with a replacement part that will fail the same as the original part. I only have 24,000 miles on my truck the lowest of the group of people I have found while researching, of my windows back passenger side* was rarely ever opened so it begs the question why a part would just up and break for no reason. Please help consumers we are not getting any help from Ford. Thank you in advance.

- Vallejo, CA, USA

Oct 152005

F-150 8-cyl

2004 Ford F150. The contact stated when turning on the air conditioner was unable to adjust it or turn it off. He stated none of the buttons worked for the air conditioner. This occurred for approximately 15 minutes. The air conditioner finally turned itself off when he turned his headlights on. The vehicle was taken to the dealership and they could not find anything wrong with the vehicle. This only happened the one time, on October 15, 2005. Updated 11/30/2005 - this problem occurred once more after Oct 15 an hasn't been repaired. The sliding rear window does not work. The fuel gauge did not indicate the correct amount of fuel after the vehicle was filled up.

- Floresville, TX, USA