Oct 142018

F-150

Trailer hitch rusted away and broke towing a 26 ft rv trailer.truck has 140,000 miles and is in good shape no body rust.hitch is very unsafe and could have been very bad if it broke going down the highway.I have read other people having the same problem.I will be checking with Ford about this but I think a recall should be looked into also see www.car complains.com,2005 F150 trailer hitch problems

- Browns Mills, NJ, USA

Aug 052018

F-150

The frame is totally rusted through.

- Stanardsville, VA, USA

May 142018

F-150

Hercules tire recall 15T011000 included all trac A/T tires of various sizes for tread separation but not my size. My size tires 275/65R18 have plenty of tread however are suddenly showing signs of tread separation on all four tires. Hercules was contacted and they said my tires are out of warranty.

- Prudenville, MI, USA

May 052018

F-150

Takata recall, I was parking my truck in a parking lot, I started the engine and put it on R, when I heard parking sensors sound I pushed the brake, put truck didn┐T stop and there was no brake. I put it to N then D to move it forward after touch for the car behind me. When I put it to D, the pedal hanged and engine went crazy to 4000 RPM and truck came like wild horse with no control, it crossed the parking lot and hit another car was parking in front of me in the other parking lot. After hitting the car in front, I succeeded to put it on P and turn the engine off. This crazy sudden increase in RPM and pedal stick and loosen brakes all in one second with out any warning could kill someone. Loosing control in such truck for seconds is something scary and unbelievable. Please check this gas stick and break sudden failure issue, as it is really dangerous. After the accident, the truck returned to normal operation without a sign for that instance crazy failure.

- Springfield, MO, USA

Mar 052018

F-150

The manifold split and caused my vehicle to stall while completing a right hand turn. The truck doesn't want to drive starting from a light or stop sign. The truck is extremely loud. Wants to stall while sitting at a red light or stop sign.

- Eastpointe, MI, USA

May 062017

F-150

Think I bought a lemon truck from Ford after spending a lot of money to try and keep truck running but after all the time and effort I put into the truck it will only go in reverse and engin sounds rough.

- Grants Pass, OR, USA

Dec 242017

F-150

Excessive shaking at 40 mph+, trans fault light came on & off. Trouble using reverse would jerk & slip. Have replaced many parts recently

- West Hamlin, WV, USA

Oct 302017

F-150

The frame on my truck has split in half always been taken care of. Ive had it for 6 years and it been good. Until recently the bed has started to shake very violently. My dad and I have figured out that the frame on my truck has split in half! I did some research on this issue of frames failing. Most 11th gen owners like me have or had this kind of problem. Some frames have rotted out completely due to Ford. This truck is very unsafe! and ive asked Ford if they could do anything and they couldn┤T do anything. They wont back up their products.

- Battle Creek, MI, USA

Oct 312017

F-150

When braking springs made noise and it takes several brakes to stop.

- Menifee, CA, USA

Aug 302016

F-150

Vehicle frame rusted out on both sides. Could not pass pa. Inspection.

- Oil City, PA, USA

Sep 272010

F-150

Truck died, lost all power while driving down the road. This has happened 5 - 6 times through the years starting around 2010. Sometimes driving down freeway sometimes driving slowly into driveway. Battery was checked, it was okay and connected fine. Various other engine problems later include a rattle noise and low RPM. Running hot, chugging along like running out of gas, etc. Having to pull over till it could go again. Currently just a little over 100,000 miles.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jun 242014

F-150

To begin with I had to have all 4 windows repaired.the mechanism that raises and lowers the windows broke. Since this was bought as a used vehicle, there was no warranty. So I pd. $150. To $175 each. Was told Ford knew of this problem but since it wasn't a "safety factor" no recall was issued. I feel like this is quite unfair to the consumer. We purchase a vehicle that has a good reputation and then are told that this expense is our baby to take care of. I feel like this was very unfair to this consumer. I have purchased Ford for years with no complaints until now. Also, the headlights developed a leak and filled with water thus shorting out my right headlight, and is slowly doing the same to the left one. I have been told that just the burned out bulbs cannot be replaced, that the whole assembly had to be replaced and this is at a cost of approx. $175 to $200. Per assembly. This is outrageous. Also, there is a problem with what used to be "points & plugs" which are now a "coil" assembly. This problem developed approx. 6 months ago. According to the readouts I have gotten, the #1 plug is misfiring approx. Every,1000 revolutions which causes a miss in the engine and was very alarming to me since I was on the highway about 200-250 miles from home, traveling by myself. So, another expense is looming. I realize there are expenses to owning a vehicle. I do not expect to not have any problems or repairs with my vehicle, but I did not anticipate this many. Nor did I expect the cost of the repair parts alone to be so outrageous. I am on a fixed income and had I anticipated these problems I wouldn't​ have made this purchase. I truly love my truck, but is there anyway these other repairs can be done for a lesser amt? I've already pd.to replace motor &rotors in all 4 windows.any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Martha greenwell

- Louisville, KY, USA

Jul 112011

F-150

Complete engine failure less than 100,000 miles. Driver and front passenger window motor failure.

- Houston, TX, USA

Feb 252017

F-150

The frame is showing serious signs of rust and rot. The vehicle is unable to be inspected with only 84,000 mile on it. Disgraceful.

- Charlestown, RI, USA

Nov 092016

F-150

Frame rusted out with holes you can see through. Truck now flexes and will probably break the frame while driving does not seem safe to drive.

- Goshen, OH, USA

May 012016

F-150

Loud rattling/vibration throughout the truck, causing tires at times to bounce and slip. Opened differential and carrier has malfunction.

- Purcell, OK, USA

Aug 112016

F-150

I was driving down the road when my left rear window went crashing down inside the door. After doing a lot of searching on the net I found this is happening a lot on a number of the Ford F-150 trucks, a cheap plastic part fails and the window falls down. No warning the window just falls down in the door

- Roseville, CA, USA

Jul 132016

F-150

I was pulling a trailer over the Continental divide with my family and stopped to get gas in leadville, Colorado. As I was pumping gas I saw smoke coming from under my truck bed. I looked under the truck and saw flames near my spare tire. I stopped pumping gas and ran to get a fire extinguisher. After the fire was out I observed that my tail-pipe had broken away from my muffler. The heat from my exhaust had melted the rubber coating on my rear right brake cable. The heat had also melted some plastic near my spare tire. The mechanic in leadville who welded my tail pipe back to the muffler told me the melted plastic came from an evaporative fuel emissions system mounted near my spare tire. (bad place to put it if you ask me) my truck bed-liner also started to melt from the heat. I called Ford to notify them of the safety problem and they only recommended that I take it to a Ford dealer and have it looked at. I doubt I will ever hear from them again. I'm not going to pay out of my pocket to have this problem officially diagnosed. I guess I'm just lucky to be alive and that the whole gas station didn't blow up.

- Thornton, CO, USA

Dec 262015

F-150

My truck felt like it was driving really well, I was driving from a to B which was about 6 miles. Im almost home & I stop at a light, when it turned green I accelerated &when I did I heard a knocking sound&so I pulled over& I couldn't pin point exactly where it was coming from, just it was coming from the back of the engine on the right side.im guessing maybe the 3rd or 4th spark plug. I checked my oil I was maybe 1quart low.so hoping that was it, I bought a quart&some oil repair to go in with it. The guy at autozone thought the same.as U could guess that didn't work.it sound almost like a lawn mower.which is baffling cuz there was no warning, no check engine light, no prior noise.I'm lost.I've been reading about spiting spark plugs&a lot of the same stuff happening in these trucks.I'm wondering if there was a recall" if not why? if there are complaints from over 1000 people saying the exact samething, why hunt Ford done anything about it"I use this truck to take MY71 year old vietnam veteran grandpa to his dr appointments&use it for work.from what I'm reading no one is gonna help but I have to try.please let me know if there is any advice or hopefully do the right thing & help me work with the dealership I bought the truck from.my# is 6614419336.thanks.

- Lancaster, CA, USA

Oct 012015

F-150

We've had a lot of issues with this truck but the main issue is when we drive down the road it misses a lot and the smell of fuel in the truck. We've taken it in and they said a lot of other people have had the same issues with there truck like ours. Please contact us asap.

- Wolcottville, IN, USA