8.2

$1,750

Most common solutions:

2. replace steering rack with electric assist (2 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford F-150:

May 012013

F-150 FX4 5.0L

Ford has recalled other years for the same exact part but not the 2011 for some reason. The steering would not work, I literally almost killed people driving it. The odd thing is that Ford inspected my vehicle with steering not working & passed it!!!! "They don't look at steering when inspecting a vehicle" I complained & complained. They do not care that you paid almost $$$$ 50 thousand dollars $$$ for the vehicle. I had to spend another 1900 to get it fixed.

If you are reading this, listen to me, listen to me good. NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOU OR YOUR PROBLEM, just fork over the money & shut your mouth. Save time, suck it up & move on. You would think Ford would have at least said "hey, lets split the cost or we'll buy the part & you pay to have it installed here at Ford." Something, anything but no, they don't give 2 shi%s. Just want your money like everyone else.

I am buying preowned from now on & will never buy new.... and I lose again & no one cares.

- webeleven, Pittsburgh, US

Dec 012017

F-150 XLT 3.5L V6

This issue started just before the warranty was up, truck now has 58,000 on it and the steering catches all the time, especially turning left and changing lanes. Has anyone started a suit over this? I feel this is extremely dangerous.

Four weeks ago I was looking at a new 2017 F-150. Unless my Ford Dealer comes up with a solution, I will be visiting the Chevy Dealer instead!

- Randall F., Park City, US

Jun 102014

F-150 XLT 3.5L V6

I will be taking this back to my dealer to see if Ford will step up and fix it. I almost bought a new 2017 a few weeks ago. I am glad I didn't. The Chevy dealer is right next door!

- Randall F., Park City, US

Jan 102017

F-150

Have really enjoyed this truck but now the steering is going (EAPS). Tough to turn, stiff, wanders a bit. Why can't they just leave power steering as power steering and not muck it up with bright ideas? Will probably dump it.

- Jeff B., H, MA, USA

Dec 132016

F-150 Lariat 5.0L V8

click to see larger images

electric power assist not working properly electric power assist not working properly

Power steering suddenly completely lost. Truck was out of control. Stuck on the road. Shut down the engine and restart PS came back and last for only few seconds. Finally hardly moved the truck to the road side and called a tow truck. After that, the PS come back and work fine. but it start to do the same thing after one month. Really annoying and life threatening. I could crash and dead if there were some other car on the road. Hope this can be solved as soon as possible.

- Jusitn H., Kitchener, ON, Canada

Nov 022016

F-150 XLT 5.0L

Ford does not confirm problem with electric steering which is obviously a danger and will not cover cost or recall unit. My truck has been awesome and never had any issues til this steering problem I have found so many complaints for steering failure that I can't believe Ford isn't looking into it. It finally quit working all together last week and had to take to dealer for replacement at a cost of $1600

this just pisses me off when it so clear its a defective unit

- Scott H., Largo, FL, USA

Nov 162016

F-150 LT 5.4L

Steering locks for a brief moment when performing turns. The steering mechanism grunts when moving the steering wheel back and forth. Electrical engagement of relay or motor several times per second when stopped at a red light. No warning lights.

- Robert T., Fraser, MI, USA

Nov 142016

F-150 XLT 5.0L V8

I believe the electric power steering assist is in a failure mode. While driving, there is more and more resistance to steering. Concerned that total failure will occur while at high speed, creating an unsafe condition.

- Wayne M., Larkspur, CO, USA