9.0

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford F-150:

Oct 192018

F-150 XLT 3.7L

Went to the local Ford dealership to see if covered under the TSB. They stated could not duplicate the problem and in any case. My truck was not under warranty and not covered by all the TSBs? They stated couldn’t even look at the truck for a week, so I went to a local mechanic garage who ran the DTCs and confirmed the lead frame unit was crapped out. They ordered a new unit and quoted a repair price of $1280 which was parts and four hours labor.

Ford dealership used to have a good reputation, but they have been downhill in the last few years. Next vehicle will have to be a Dodge :(

- Steve T., Coos Bay, OR, Canada

Sep 012018

F-150 XLT

THIS TIME I was driving at a slow rate of speed in a parking lot. The engine continues to run, but I lost all power to the transmission. The wrench light shows up on the dashboard.Immediate solution is to shut the truck off and restart---power returns.

I have experienced this problem two other times and both have been fixed by the dealer without cost. The last indication that there was a service bulletin on the issue, but I can't find any indication of a TSB on the Ford site. My first incident was about 18 months ago and the 2nd was in June 2018. From my personal experiences and my readings, this problem has been going on long enough for FORD to find an answer before someone gets hurt/killed because of this issue.

In June the problem repeated itself 12 times on the way to the dealership for repair. I was on hilly country roads and then 4 lane highways. I use this truck as a daily driver AND to tow our travel trailer. I sure pray it never happens while we are towing the trailer.

- Kim L., Stow, OH, US