6.8

$1,900

Most common solutions:

1. replace sunroof (3 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford F-150:

Aug 052018

F-150 King Ranch Ecoboost

We just bought the truck 2 months ago from a dealer. Opened sunroof a couple of times before. Next time I opened it, it didn't want to open or shut without a loud noise and hesitation. I took it to dealer and they informed me that the track was broken and it needed to be replaced for $1800.00. Of course, it was not covered by our extended warranty! Cost $60 to check it out. Guess we won't enjoy our sunroof!

- Sharon P., Clarkson, KY, US

Oct 152015

F-150 FX4 Ecoboost

AGAIN Appears to be a fairly common problem. Sunroof/moon roof just hung up one day it is stuck partially open so I have to use duct tape to keep rain out until I can get someone (NOT a FORD dealer!) to repair it!

- Michael D., Orlando, FL, US

Dec 052015

F-150 Lariat 3.5L V6 Ecoboost

While driving this beautiful Saturday morning in sunny Florida, I had decided to drive with the sunroof tilted open. I think I have used the sunroof 3 time since I bought the truck. When I got to my destination and tried to close the sunroof it wouldn't close. Tried to figure out why it was stuck, you can hear the motor humming and it moves slightly like it wants to go down but something in there is preventing it.

I called the local dealer and unfortunately they will not be able to get it looked at till Friday 12/10/15. And to make it worse I'm almost at the end of my 36,000 mile bumper to bumper, HOW CONVENIENT!!! Seems like this is a common problem with these F150's and there is a TSB for it. I hope I don't get screwed by Ford/Dealership with having to foot the bill for the repairs if I happen to go over 36,000 before next Friday. This is the first serious issue I've had with this truck surprisingly considering all I have read on forums.

- txcoastie, Riverview, FL, US

Jun 012015

F-150 Platimun V8

Working with Ford for some relief on repair price. Defect happened at 35K miles but I did not get car into dealer in time and warranty expired. Hoping Ford will do the right thing and cover the defect. There is known NHTSA Bulletin 10055574 that describes my issue. That should be enough evidence to fix this. Otherwise it's an 1800 dollar repair..

- Tom R., Cumming, GA, US

Jul 012015

F-150 King Ranch Ecoboost

First and Last Ford I will ever purchase.

One day while opening sunroof (F100) I heard a small crack and a plastic piece fell out and the sunroof quit opening. I had to manually close it that evening due to rain. Covert Ford Dealership in Austin Texas service dept informed me I can not just replace plastic part, I need to replace entire unit. Part is over $1200 and over $600 in labor. Just under $2000 total.

Over $600 in labor and 1 day to fix. I guess screwing me on the part was not enough

I have have owned many vehicles in the past and cannot ever remember spending this kind of money for repairing any of the autos I have owned.

- Joe D., Cedar Park, TX, US