2.1

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford F-250:

Dec 032012

F-250

This truck has developed the "death" wobble. If I hit a bump, bridge joint it will send the truck into an instant wobble that is so violent you have to slow to about 20mph to stop it. Very dangerous at highway speeds as you cannot keep lane control. Already destroying the front tires and dealers have said to keep proper air pressure. I have been an auto mechanic for over 15 yrs now and that is the best excuse the dealer has. Ford knows there is a problem but said there is not enough complaints. I have done a search and came up with over 18,000 hits on google for this topic alone. Please assist with keeping us safe and demand a fix and recall before people are killed driving or even being near this vehicle.

- Brockport, NY, USA

Feb 062012

F-250 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 Ford F-250. The contact stated that the front end of the vehicle would shake violently whenever driving over a road bump or a pothole. The wheels would also bounce off the ground and the steering would become defective when the failure occurred. Once the vehicle was at a complete stop, the failure would cease. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the tire pressure and alignment was checked, but the dealer did not recommend any type of repair. The failure mileage was 70,000 and the current mileage was 137,000. Updated 07/16/13

- Zebulin, NC, USA

Mar 012010

F-250

I was driving my 2009 F-250 traveling about 40 to 45 mph and after hitting a rough patch of road the wheels began to shake out of control for about 20 seconds. I have had my truck to the dealership for the same problem on 6 plus times. Ford states that it was a tire pressure issue.......bs!.... bs! each time Ford has my truck they say we have fixed the problem and it should not occur again. The last time I left Ford and spent 165.00$ on a damper rod to fix this problem I drove 18 miles down the road and went into a "death wobble again. I turned the truck around and it is sitting at Ford as I write this post. After reviewing this matter on line I have noticed that there are more F-250's with the same issue. A federal recall needs to be done and fast. Several times that the "death wobble " as occurred to me, I have been lucky so far to drive out of it with out a problem. I might not be so lucky next time. A federal recall needs to be done fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Annville, PA, USA

Nov 122012

F-250 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 Ford F250. The contact stated that while driving at 35 mph the steering gear box failed. The vehicle would not stay in a straight path and it would swerve all over the lane. The dealer was notified who stated there was no recall and the parts were on national back order. The manufacturer was notified. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 40,000.....updated 12/11/12 updated 12/12/12

- Cicero, NY, USA

Jul 242012

F-250

The contact owns a 2009 Ford F-250. The contact stated that while driving 60 mph, the steering failed and became inoperable. The contact was able to control the vehicle and exited onto the shoulder. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who diagnosed that the failure was at the gear box. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The failure and current mileage was 50,000.

- Powder Springs, GA, USA