1.4

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford F-350:

Oct 172018

F-350

When I hit a rough patch in the road with the front left side, I get a violent shaking in the front end and almost loose control. Control is regained when you slow to 5-10mph. I have had this issue for awhile and have had the front end inspected with no defects. After doing some research, this condition has a name "the death wobble." Ford has issued 2 tsbs # 18-2268 and #06-2214. No one has mentioned these tsbs to me. This is a very dangerous condition as it take control of the vehicle. I also understand this is an issue with other heavy duty trucks from Dodge.

- Longview, WA, USA

Aug 152015

F-350

I received a letter from Ford Motor Company concerning my pickup truck listed in complaint. It addressed issues with steering and front wheel vibrations and oscillations on the vehicle. However, it just gives suggestions such as checking proper inflation of tires, etc. However, in the last 2-3 years, I have spent an estimated $3000 on repairs to the front suspension of this vehicle due to severe "death wobble" issues, which scare the hell out of you when it happens. Since completion of the work completed, I still have issues with vibrations and oscillations with my Ford F350. I don't understand why a recall has been issued for this problem. I feel that Ford company needs to take responsibility for this issue and make good to their loyal customers, instead of sending me worthless letters of advice to "check the proper inflation of my tires, when in actuality, my tires are fine.....the Ford truck is the thing with issues. Come on Ford.....fix your bad!!!!!!!!

- Carlsbad, NM, USA

Nov 202011

F-350 8-cyl Diesel

When my truck is driven over a pothole, onto a bridge, or any change in elevation in the driving surface, the vehicle will shake violently. The shaking is so violent the vehicle must be stopped to avoid losing control. It feels as if the front end will literally come apart. This began near the end of November and has continued to get worse and happen more frequently. I have contacted Ford Motor Company and was told there is no recall and to keep records of my repairs if there ever is one. The problem is the track bar and the cost to fix this "death wobble" is approximately 1200 dollars parts and labor. I now have a 50,000 dollar truck that is not safe for my family to ride in. This problem will certainly cause fatalities if it hasn't already. I am a cdl driver and if I can't control the vehicle then I doubt anyone else can either.

- Tamassee , SC, USA