Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Ford F-350:

Feb 172019

F-350 8-cyl Diesel

Vehicle was in motion on a city street and the fuel injector dash light appeared momentarily and then disappeared. Shortly afterwards, I began to sense the slight smell of diesel and just as I turned into my homes driveway there was a loud burst from the engine compartment and the truck began to smoke. I stopped and shut off the vehicle immediately and exited as I was going to inspect the situation. There were screams of fire coming from my wife as the trucks engine compartment began to roar with flames. Action was taken to put out the fire but the flames were too strong. 911 was called and the fire department began in route to our location. In my attempts to contain the fire the truck began to attempt to start on its own. After approximately 3 attempts of the truck starting, there was another loud burst and more flames. Afterwards the horn began to alarm for several minutes. With the help of my neighbors between the water hose and fire extinguisher we were able to contain upon the 18 minute arrival time of the fire department. It is unknown at this time to what caused this fire. Please understand my frustrations as I tell you my 2 year old son was strapped in his car seat in a vehicle that was on fire which was only purchased only 6 months ago from a certified Ford dealership. Photos of engine compartment and cab dash area are attached. Consumer stated he has yet to hear from Ford.

- Arcadia, FL, USA

Feb 012019

F-350

I'm a mechanic at an independent shop. These pickups all have the same problem. Somewhere between 11 and 13 locally. The little fuel line off the top of the filter breaks and fuel everywhere. The last one I had to farmer fix only had 1200 miles on it. Ford needs to fix this problem. All I can do is patch it so they can get home. This is a problem and needs to be looked into. I don't know any other way to do this. When every one of them all have the exact same problem in the exact same spot though?

- Paducah, TX, USA

Sep 032016

F-350

Fuel line disconnect allowing 9 gal of fuel on driveway.

- Howuiam, WA, USA