Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Fusion:

Mar 272015

Fusion

The idler pulley bolt has broken on my car four times. The bolt keeps breaking causing the idler pulley to be sideways and making the belt squeak (that's how I know it has happened). The belt has never came off because I always stopped when I heard it and had the car towed to the dealership. The first time it had to be fixed was 3/27/15 at 134173 miles. It broke again on 5/25/18 at 157899 miles. Then once again 9/28/18 at 159283 miles. It was towed into the dealership today 6/4/19 with 161231 miles. I have seen multiple complaints on the internet for this same concern. This could be a serious issue if someone was driving down the road and it broke! I have complained to Ford Motor Company and they say there is nothing they can do and there is no permanent fix. They told me I could file a complaint with Y'all.

- Mount Olive, MS, USA

Dec 152018

Safety issues and recalls

- Reading, PA, USA

Mar 082018

Fusion

Door handle driver side gas tank air bags recall but no door handle

- Baden, PA, USA

Jan 312018

Fusion

Driving at 70 mph on the interstate, car suddenly shudders, wrench light comes on. I immediately pulled onto the nearest exit ramp and drove at reduced speed until able to stop. Shut off car, then turned ignition key to check diagnostics. All good" started car, drove maybe 50 ft when wrench and emissions lights came on and car went into 'limp' mode. Got off of ramp and shut off car for 5 min. Restarted car, emissions light on only, but car was drive-able drove 20 miles @ 60-65mph with no problem until I got home. Outside temp was -5F. Next morning checked car with obd2 diagnostic tool. A 'P2110' code appeared, signifying tac/PCM isssue/S. after checking earlier NHTSA records, this has happened many times! my wife uses the same car, and if what happened to me happened to her, most likely the results would have been fatal!!! is someone dying have to be what will get a recall" please do something. Thank you.

- Egg Harbor Townshio, NJ, USA

Oct 142018

Fusion

"takata recall" 10/14/2018claim #25-6161-P75 dol:10/14/2018 name ins; amanda gray contact ins 855-341-8184 owner contact 573-453-4917 the vehicle was, in motion, on a highway, braking, due to icy weather. The problem that created the unsafe condition was road conditions, neither airbags deployed, vehicle first hit the right side of the bridge the went across lanes hit the right side the ended up horizontal in the roadway when struck by an F150.I believe airbags should have deployed causing less damage to my daughter and her friend as in the owners manual states it as a safety feature.

- Salem, MO, USA

May 062018

Fusion

Idler pulley when driving the idler pulley broke I was making a left turn I end up hitting an island breaking to my tie rods on the outer tie rods on both fronts this is the fifth idler pulley Ford motor credit charge me $500 to fix it it's been less than 200 miles I took it back and they want to charge me $165 for a diagnostic for the same problem this is ridiculous

- Manteca, CA, USA

Jun 012016

Fusion

"takata recall": this recall has been in effect for years and the dealership still does not have the passenger frontal airbag inflator replacement part, nor can they provide me with an estimated date they expect to receive the parts and repair my vehicle. The only option they offered was to add me to a waiting list, which I've been on since I was notified of the recall years ago. In addition, the dashboard is warped due to high heat around the passenger side airbag. Thru research, I discovered that the ammonium nitrate used in takata airbags can become unstable over time, especially after exposure to temperature fluctuations and periods of constant high humidity. I live in nc, which is zone B one of the three priority zones. The dealer has offered no remedy and I was told that they no longer have any loaner cars available. This the only vehicle I have for transportation so I have no choice but to drive it. A remedy to this problem should be provided immediately before more people die or are seriously injured.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Oct 112018

Fusion

In Oct 2018 Ford replaced recalled airbags bit after I got my car back I have a error light on dash that gives a code B2290 which is still stating that airbags are faulty.

- Ogden, UT, USA

Jun 012009

Fusion

Inside door handles are made of plastic. And therefore they break. I have had three replaced at $250 per replacement. When a car cost 30,000 dollars, and it is made of plastic on the parts that are used most often, and a paint that is pealing. The clear coat is flaking off and make a care look unkept. Not sure I will ever buy another Ford product. My husband has a 150 truck 2008 and I tit is holding up fine.

- Fairhope, AL, USA

Jan 012014

Fusion

1. dashboard compartment knob broke off. 2. driver's interior door knob broke off. 3. driver's seat the seams came apart. 4. diver's exterior mirror fell off, had it replaced but the knob inside on door panel does not work for it, or does the defrost for that mirror work any more. Need pictures will email them asap

- Cedar Rapids, IA, USA

Jan 052018

Fusion

There is a problem with my car that is very dangerous, and could be life threatening to me and others. Under certain conditions my brakes will not work. It happens when the road is wet or has snow on it. A few different things has happened which apparently depends how slippery the road is. When braking sometimes there will be a odd noise which I think is the safety braking feature, but even that doesn't seem to work correct. The worst is this. Again, when slick or slippery roads. There have been numerous times when trying to brake I have lost all braking. The brake pedel goes completely to the floor. On a few occasions this happened while trying to stop before a stop sign and ended up in the middle of the road. This has happened going at a speed of 10 to 55 mph. Twice this happened where the stop sign was at a road that was 55 mph. You can imagine what could have happened. I have read online that others are having the same problem. Why has nothing been done about this potentially deadly situation " for crying out loud. Does there have to be deaths before action is taken ? the car was taken to a local dealer and they said the brakes needed to be blead. They seemed to be aware of this problem....again, why and the hell is nothing being done about it ? next I am going to write my state representative or someone who can make something happen. I believe I wrote to you before, but lost the paperwork that came. But it doesn't look like nothing was being done about it anyway. Oh, and when the brakes were blead by the dealer it made no difference. At least when other car manufacturers have recalls something appears to be done about it. Here in the good ole usa things seem to drag on and on and on. So does that mean foreign manufacturers are more considerate for our safety than own country " I want action.

- Laona, WI, USA

Oct 022017

Fusion

Brakes - on many occasions while driving on the highway and city street I find I have to press the brake all the way to the floor for the car to fully stop and I have been in many close call fender benders. Electrical - the left turn signal stopped working in route to work, so I assumed the bulb blew out. However, when driving the car again the turn signal started working again. For the two weeks the left turn signal worked intermittently which made me very nervous when making left turns. As of now the left turn signal is working again with no intermittence and I don't know if/when the turn signal or something else will stop working out of the blue or why this happened in the first place. Trunk leakage - the tire well in the trunk as well as the spare tire area was full of water and not sure where the leakage is coming from. I have had the car 9 years and don't recall water in that area. At this point I don't place items in the trunk for fear of it getting wet on a heavy rain days here in Florida. Vents - I had to remove the defrost vent above the dashboard because the lining that holds it in place is bent and warped A/C - continues to malfunction, I have had the air serviced multiple times and when working it's great but then the air becomes less cool and goes completely hot. This is torture during the summer.

- Miami, FL, USA

Sep 122017

• 1,000,000 miles
Takata recall it has been 15 months since I received my recall notice and I have yet to receive the second notice that parts are available. This is beyond unacceptable. The passenger side on the console is swelling around the edge of the airbag and the I'm scared to death that the airbag is going to explode at any moment. I don't let anyone sit in the front passenger seat because of the danger. I also tried to sell the car privately with full disclosure of the recall and the faulty ABS module that sill hasn't been recalled. No one would buy it. Four different car dealers told me they wouldn't take it as a trade in because of the airbag and other known issues with this model year Fusion. I'm stuck with this deathtrap until the end apparently because Ford doesn't care or they'd buy the pos back. I'll never buy a Ford again and I'll advise others to take their business to Chevy/GMC. I'm searching for a lawyer to sue Ford Motor Company.

- Dallas, GA, USA

Aug 012017

Fusion

I have been driving with a bad throttle body unit which causes the car to go into "limp mode", this is happening 4-7 times a day. I was told about a recall for this very dangerous and untimely issue. I was told that the NHTSA had listed a recall for this problem. However, I am not included. My car does this with no warning! it is very dangerous! I was just on the interstate when this happened in front of an 18 wheeler. Very dangerous indeed!

- Tuscaloosa, AL, USA

Jul 082017

Fusion

Brakes slow to stop after ABS had been enacted on bumpy city street surface (moving)

- Islip, NY, USA

Aug 312009

Fusion

Either in 2008 or 2009, shortly after purchasing a brand new 2007 Ford Fusion, I was greeted with the first major issue of my brakes going out on me while driving. Find out this was due to a defective master cylinder. The engine light turned on within 3-4 years of having the vehicle, and was found to be related to the thermostat, the engine would always run towards the cool end, never going above 1/3 of the way to the halfway mark. That was fixed after years of failed attempt. And all the while, I never had a functioning air condition unit and would have to repair yearly, and then found to be related the car always running too cool. Over the past two years, I have had to replace the gasket twice, because oil would appear in places it should not (I always maintain my car by doing the oil changes, etc on time). This past Sunday, I was driving and going around 70 mph when my car started to decelerate to 65, then 60, then would not go past 40 so I pulled off the interstate and drove back home. Over the next couple of days I smelled burnt oil, and the same issue with oil being where it should be happened again. Mechanic is telling me it is done, and after researching, this is not something unique to just my car. This is dangerous and people have reported many horrifying stores on the same issue, with some people's Fusion combusting and stalling them on the highway. I did notify the Ford company today of all the safety issues and other issues related to my car, just so they have it documented on their end as well. I am appalled this car does not have recalls other than the one related to the airbags, which they can not fix yet, posing my passenger at risk.

- Durham, NC, USA

Apr 092016

Fusion

My driver's side door handle broke making it impossible to exit the car in the case of an emergency. Also, the junction box needed to be replaced. While driving, my car turn signal would not work and stayed on as a solid light versus turn signal causing my battery to die and could have potentially created an accident since the turn signal was not working properly. Even when the car was off and the keys were out, the light stayed on. Both of these are serious safety hazards! there should be a recall on both issues!

- Garfield Heights, OH, USA

Mar 172016

Fusion

The interior door handle broke. I pulled into a parking spot and tried to get out but the door latch failed. The piece that broke is behind the door trim. The door can't be opened from the inside which is a huge safety hazard. After searching the internet it is apparent that this is a common issue with several model years. I haven't even hit 100,000 miles and this car is falling apart. Ford should be ashamed that they are not addressing these serious issues with the Fusion. I paid $23,000 for this car and I have babied it since I bought it. This should not be happening. Nobody should ever buy a Ford and I know I will never buy another Ford and I'm considering parking my car outside of Ford dealerships with a sign that reads "ask me about my Ford purchase before you buy a Ford" maybe that will get their attention.

- Dallas, GA, USA

Mar 032015

Fusion

The interior plastic door handle both on the passenger and driver side, stops working. Upon further inspection, it clear that the moving parts inside the door handle are made of really cheap plastic and breaks on the inside. The door does not open from the inside, have to put window down and open from the outside. This is a dangerous hazard where someone could get hurt if they are unable to get out of the car quickly. This seems to be very very common with Ford Fusion base on information provided my the mechanic and a google search. Ford needs to fix this. They need to issue a recall.

- Sharon, MA, USA

Feb 012015

Fusion

There is a constant source of water that lines my passanger side carpet floor, anything that is on the floor soaks the water up and gets wet and the carpet is always damp with liquid, I'm told it's something with the air conditioning but it happens when I use the heat as well.

- Niagara Falls, NY, USA