Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford Fusion:

Jun 222012

Fusion

I was driving down the highway in rush hour traffic at 70 mph when the wrench light turns on the dans and the engine just quit. Very scary so I put on my hazard lights and coasted to the median. I tried to restart the car and the theft lock light started flashing and the car wouldn't even crank the motor. Had the car towed to a local shop it started right up at the shop and there were no codes in the computer the check engine light is on and the message center saya pod data error.

- Taylor, MI, USA

Dec 182013

Fusion 4-cyl

Engine light appeared, car seemed to chug or lurch or engine felt like it was slipping while driving on highway. That happened a number of time, was told it was because of the severe cold weather. The wrench light would come on and then when I shut the car off it would not come back on for a few days. The mechanic said there were no reports that he could pull from the computer.

- South Lyon, MI, USA

Jan 012014

Fusion 4-cyl

Slowed down to turn in a parking lot and car just stalled and check engine light and tool light came on. I had a diagnostic rsn and got code 2104 & 2112 meaning throttle body failure.

- Durham, NC, USA

Aug 292012

Fusion

When driving at a normal speed, the idle of the car quickly drops and you are unable to maintain your speed. You immediately are forced to stop the car, turn it off and let it sit to reset it's self where ever on the road you are. This has happen randomly last few weeks. Just a few days ago it got increasingly worse. Was entering highway off an exit trying to merge. Was unable to get the speed because the idle dropped. Luckily had just enough time to get to shoulder to sit and wait. Had it been few seconds longer would of merged with highway traffic and then car would of came to a quick halt. The diagnosis to this problem the throttle body went bad.

- Willow Street, PA, USA

Mar 082010

Fusion

I was driving to the dealer to have them check a tapping sound coming from the engine that I had heard earlier that day. I made it about 5 miles from home, and the engine had blown, no warning lights, nothing other than the sound that had just occurred that morning. Now I had made it about 90K after the new engine was installed (now at 139000), and again the engine has blown. This time it was a little worse, the car had a sudden increase of power, and then all the sudden there was a loud bang, and a cloud of white smoke followed by smoke coming from the hood and the rear of the car. When I pulled onto the shoulder I looked under the car and saw a piece of the engine fall out and then all of the oil as well. I take very good care of every vehicle I own, the first time it happened the dealership told me it looked like I hadn't changed my oil ever. It was just a sludge.

- Jefferson, MD, USA