Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford Fusion:

Mar 282019

Fusion

While driving in to work on multiple different occasions, the serpentine belt had come off. The power steering went out and the engine started to overheat. On 3 different occasions I have had my car towed to a shop to get fixed. Each time it was the idler pulley bolt being broken. This all happened while the car was in motion twice on the highway and once on a residential street. There is a loud clinking sound and the car growls.

- Gary, IN, USA

Nov 302018

Fusion

Takata recall I received a notice of the takata recall (passenger frontal airbag inflator) in February 2018. It is almost December 2018. If this is such a safety issue, why is the recall status still listed as: "recall incomplete, remedy not yet available""? when will a remedy be available?"

- Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Oct 282018

Fusion

The driver's side interior door latch was broken could not lock the driver's side door within the last 5 years. I took it to flood Ford of narragansett, ri and they fixed it. Now the same problem has happened again. I have an appointment to have it fixed and don't think I should have to pay for the same repair again!

- Westerly, RI, USA

Aug 022018

Fusion

Just now learned of recall on airbag. My car has been locking me in it. Tge electrical parts for the locks and windows is acting up. I have been locked in my car 2 times. I am worried if I get in an accident I will be trapped. This happens while car is on or off.

- Winslow, AR, USA

Nov 202017

Fusion

November 2017 my brakes went out again in my 2009 Ford Fusion when attempting to stop while driving East bound on 35. Like in the past I push the brakes and it goes to the floor almost causing an accident and I must pump the brakes to regain brake power. I took it to the dealership again and they state they canżT do anything because the problem doesnżT reoccur as it is an interment issue. I called and complained to Ford customer service again ref # cas13751675 and there only suggestion is to take it to another dealership to waste more or my time and money to be told the same thing. I am beyond frustrated and I donżT understand why Ford hasnżT done something about this issue as I have read several complaints showing my same issue Iżve had for over a yr. Melissa sanders dayton Ohio

- Dayton, OH, USA

Aug 172017

Fusion

The pedal is spongy and makes sounds like air is being pumped in and out of the braking system. The pedal travels. I have to press it to the floor to get some type of action that eventually stops the car. If you take your chances with driving the car, you have to know well ahead of time when you will have to stop the car in order to avoid crashing into another car or object. This is a very unsafe situation.

- Sorrento, FL, USA

Jul 162017

Fusion

"lf inner door handle" on the drivers inside door broke twice in 2011 & 2017 -- danger of trapping driver inside car

- Gaithersburg, MD, USA

Jul 162017

Fusion

Driver door latch ("lf inner door handle") open it from the inside broke twice in 2011 & 2017 the consumer requestd to withdraw this complaint. Updated 09/20/2017

- Gaithersburg, MD, USA

Jun 092017

Fusion

My driver side door handle will not open from the inside. I pulled it to open and heard a noise. This is the second time this has happened. I had it repaired at a dealership​ about two years ago. The door will open from the outside. I had parked my vehicle and was trying to get out like any other day.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Sep 012016

Fusion

Interior door handle broke, will not lock or shut, handle just sticks out.

- Startford, CT, USA

Aug 292016

Fusion

Anti lock brake system failed at 80,000 miles and when they went to repair it the drivers side door mechanism failed and froze shut

- Port Angeles, WA, USA

Dec 012014

Fusion

Drivers side door latch is broken. The door has to be opened with the latch lock. Passenger side door is also cracked but still holding up.

- Livonia, MI, USA

May 012013

Fusion

3 issues: I saw someone else post this- my break pedal is also soft and goes all the way down to the floor after antilock breaks are engaged (like on icy or wet roads). There is no other time this occurs- as it's the breaks, I've been very mindful of it. I have also had the breaks replaces so I don't think it's actually the breaks but rather somewhere within the breaking mechanics. Second, only when turning left, I get a "clunk" sound at about 1/4 of the way thru the turn. I thought the sound was coming from rear left axle area- but I honestly cannot isolate its origin. The third is my most hated: The rear of the drivers seat is breaking down- almost as though there's a framework of soldered metal inside in the core of the seat and the soldering is snapping apart. One of these days I'm going to fall back when the rear backrest completely breaks. I absolutely hate this- I have never had to buy a replacement seat before and I've owned Ford/Mercury products for 35 years.

- Bloomfield Hills, MI, USA

Oct 092015

Fusion

Inside door handles brake and doors can not be opened from the inside!!! also doors will not lock after the handle brakes.

- Liberty Lake, WA, USA

May 222015

Fusion

I was leaving a parking lot and made a right-hand turn and the driver's side door flew open. I closed the door and it latched but when I parked the car in my garage I was unable to close the door so the battery went dead.

- Lewisville, TX, USA

May 112015

Fusion

The throttle body are stuck open reducing power.

- Sandy, UT, USA

Oct 202013

Fusion

The contact owns a 2009 Ford Fusion. While driving 5 mph, the heel of the contact's shoe became stuck in the floormat and interfered with the accelerator pedal. As a result, the contact crashed the vehicle into a parked vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact did not sustain any injuries. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Plainfield, CT, USA

Jul 222011

Fusion

Driver inner door handle was not returning; door would not lock with remote. Broken driver door handle, same design as Ford 150 trucks, which also break.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jan 292011

Fusion 4-cyl

The driver of a 2009 Fusion, 4 cylinder SE was driving on the freeway and had to accelerate due to merging traffic. The accelerator stuck and the car continued to gain speed even with the foot being hard pressed on the brakes. The driver called his father, while driving`, who recommended he turn the key off on click to avoid locking the steering wheel. The driver was able to get the car to the side of the freeway and was unable to start the vehicle and aaa was called to tow the vehicle. The driver's father looked up this type of uncontrolled acceleration on the internet and read about mats causing the pedal to stick. A mat was recently put back in the car. The driver verified that the mat had caused the pedal to stick, it sprung back, and the car was able to start after removing the mat the driver drove it home without incident. This was a poentially very serious situation due to high speed and continuing to increase in speed. The driver could have turned off the car with the result of the steering wheel getting locked causing a high speed uncontrolled vehicle. The driver had his two sons, age 5 and 3 with him. This scared the hell out of the driver and the father. Floor mat info from underside of mat: 6E5J-5413087-aaw fd >tpe< 524 Fusion is on the top of the mat.

- Milan, MI, USA

Jun 012010

Fusion

U.S. department of energy U.S. department of transportation this is a request for inspections, compliance, on potential safety hazards, health hazards, defects recalls at the following locations : please begin year - round inspections during all race events listed : many collisions and other race rage, road kill occurrences have to be stopped. Coca cola 600 ponoco 500 lifelock 400 Toyota savemart 350 lenox industrial tools 301 coke zero 400 lifelock.com 400 brickyard 400 indianapolis 500 Pennsylvania 500 helluva good sour cream dips at the glen carfax 400 sharpie 500 labor day classic 500 Chevy rock and roll 400 daytona 500 sylvania 300 dover 400 price chopper 400 pepsi 400 bank of America 500 tums fast relief 500 amp energy 500 aaa Texas 500 Ford 400 checker auto parts 500 Ford city 500 please include these nascar events and all other nascar events for inspections, compliance and all other potential hazards, deaths, etc. Please also include all indy type race events with this request.

- Anonymous , TX, USA