6.0

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Fusion:

May 012017

Fusion SE 2.0L Turbo

click to see larger images

paint bubbling and chipping

I purchased this 2015 Fusion in August 2014. I noticed front edge of hood paint started to bubble in December 2016 (probably earlier but cannot confirm). Unfortunately I waited until May 1, 2017 with about 45,000 miles on car when I contacted Ford Motor Co. This car has an aluminum hood with obvious defective paint and there is a history of this paint problem with Ford, especially with Explorers. This was told to me by the Ford body shop people and is also on the internet. FMC response was the 36/36 warranty expired by mileage and they would not cover this repair. Repair cost at local Brandon Ford in Florida is $720. Dealer willing to discount about $150 off price. But this is a defective paint job and should be made good by FMC. Mileage has nothing to do with paint that is only 2 and a half years old. I even bought the premier extended warranty 70/70 when I purchased the Fusion to find out now, paint not covered.

- , Sun City Center, FL, US