4.7

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford Fusion:

May 132019

Fusion

Driver seat (base) moves while driving and (driver side) wiper blades hesitates during medium and fast setting.

- Rochester, NY, USA

Feb 132018

Fusion

The wipers will stop individually and randomly when in use. It seems to be more of an issue during light rain but has happened during heavy rain on occasion as well. I have been to my dealer for this and they said I needed new wiper blades. The car was still under warrantee at that time. It has reoccurred and I will visit my dealer again. I have seen other complaints on Fusion and other Ford vehicles with this problem. The date I used is the date of last occurrence not the date of first occurrence. Since this is my daughters car she thought it was okay for the wipers to hang once in a while. I do not accept this as a safe feature!

- Waynesboro, PA, USA

May 242017

Fusion

The windshield wipers are way to slow when driving in a minimal amount of rain. I have tried turning them into the highest frequency. It is so bad that I have to pull off the rode and stop to wait for the rain to stop. This could cause serious injury not only myself but to other drivers on the road. It is very hazardous and I really wish this issue can be fixed. It feels very hazardous

- Columbus, OH, USA

Feb 132017

Fusion

Windshield washer squirters are aimed too low. At speed, especially highway speed, the fluid is blocked by the wiper blades. The top of the windshield gets very little, if any, fluid. Dangerous on the highway!! I have spoken with Ford and my dealer. Ford claims the squirters themselves are not adjustable and that they operate as designed. Having tried other Fusion like mine, they are all operating this way. It is dangerous. My photos are of the car stationary, in my garage. The photo with the red line shows the point at which the squirters hit. The overspray above them does not happen at speed!

- Fort Myers, FL, USA