Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford Ranger:

Nov 062017

Ranger 6-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 17V024000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact received the recall notice several months ago. The dealer (shults Ford of harmarville, 1300 gulf lab rd, pittsburgh, pa 15238 (412) 828-2300) was contacted and confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact received a postcard from tk holdings, alerting him that they filed for bankruptcy. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 8/7/18

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Jul 292016

Ranger

Though I received a letter dated July 2016 from Ford about the airbag safety recall and have called the local dealer periodically about scheduling the recall replacement airbag, the Ford dealer has stated over and over, "we'll notify you when we have the replacement in stock". it has now been 17 months since the Ford letter and I have yet to receive a call or letter from the local dealer about this situation.

- Canton, GA, USA

Jan 012017

Ranger

Takata recall - it's been almost a year since the recall and Ford still hasn't replaced my airbag. Subaru replaced immediately, so don't know what Ford's problem is.

- Great Falls, VA, USA

Nov 042017

Ranger

Takata recall. I contacted multiple Ford dealers and they will not provide a fix for the passenger side air bag recall. It has been a long time and there is no help available for this problem.

- Amite, LA, USA

Jan 262009

Ranger

Takata recall : Ford Ranger 2009. Vehicle has a been recalled for a defective takata air bag. Airbag posing a immediate threat to myself and personal safety and of my passengers daily. I need to have this potential life threatening hazard repaired. My vehicle is driven daily on city streets and major highways.

- Petaluma, CA, USA

Nov 022017

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 17V024000 (air bags); however, the parts do to the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The dealer (riser Ford Lincoln, 4201 central ave, hot springs, ar 71913 (800) 264-6676) was contacted and confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact received a postcard from tk holdings, alerting her that they filed for bankruptcy. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Hot Springs, AR, USA

Nov 012017

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 17V024000 (air bags). The part for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The dealer was not contacted. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Ephrata, PA, USA

Oct 302017

Ranger

Takata recall I have not had a safety problem yet. However, my vehicle has been in a hot humid environment in Georgia, usa. I fear that it may have a problem if not fixed. I have contacted two Ford dealers and neither would agree to fix the inflator problem and could not tell me when it would be fixed. I want the takata air bag inflator problem fixed!

- Woodstock, GA, USA

Dec 262016

Ranger

Takata inflators contacted Ford dealer and they are saying there is no replacement part for my Ford truck, I like to know what is going on to supply parts to Ford dealers. I have waited 1 year. Not good

- Webster, NY, USA

Jan 102017

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 17V024000 (air bags). The parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact called gilboy Ford at (800) 655-8701 (2805 macarthur rd, whitehall, pa 18052) where it was confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was notified and was not able to confirm when the parts were to become available. The manufacturer stated that NHTSA confirmed that the vehicle was safe to drive. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available/parts distribution disconnect.

- Fountain Hill, PA, USA

Jul 012017

Ranger

I got a letter from Ford Motor Company dtd July 2016. Stated air bag was defective and Ford was going to replace air bag. I have gone to the Ford dealership several times since then and called them as well in reference to the life and death recall for air bag they have not replaced it yet. They keep saying I will be notified. It has been 16 months.since this was brought to my attention. Still nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need help getting the airbags replaced before someone gets hurt or killed!

- Austin, TX, USA

Jun 152016

Ranger

Takata recall - the only thing that has happened yet is that I received a recall (#16S26) in mid July, 2016. I've spoken to Ford customer service, my local dealer and even wrote a letter to the NHTSA but all I'm told is that I will be notified when repair parts are available. It's been well over a year now and I want this fixed! I was told that if the manufacturer has failed or is unable to remedy this safety recall for my vehicle in a timely manner that I should file an online complaint with NHTSA so that is what I'm doing.

- Aledo, TX, USA

Jul 232016

Ranger

"takata recall' ever since I received a recall notice on 07/23/2016 for a passenger side air bag on my 2009 Ford Ranger. Recall notice (16S26/NHTSA 16V-384, I have went to my Ford dealer, leif johnson Ford many many times here in austin, tx to find out when I can get it fixed. All I get is excuses. The last time I inquired I was told that they are just a dealer, and that it was Ford problem! it has been over 15 months sinse I received the recall, and it appears they do not care if someone gets hurt! is there something that could be done to get them to move and fix the problem

- Austin, TX, USA

Oct 302017

Ranger

Takata recall, called dealer and was told that they do not have parts for this yet.

- Sibley, LA, USA

Dec 252010

Ranger

"takata recall" my passenger air bag notification warning letter is attached to my passenger sun visor. When seen by most potential passengers they refuse to ride in this vehicle. I have suffered a loss of passenger space because of this hazardous defect. Along with repair needed asap, I feel compensation for this delay is due.

- Winters, CA, USA

Jul 162016

Ranger

Takata airbag received letter from Ford July 2016 called Ford visited dealer said they were doing hot states first I live in fl I think thats hot received card from tk holdings still waiting for notice to replace the passenger airbag now they are in chapter 11 im afraid to put a passenger in my truck. Do I have to wait till someone in my family is hurt or killed. I think a year and three months is too long to have to wait.thank you for anything that U can do to speed up the process. The dealer gives me Ford number and Ford says I have to wait for a follow up letter.

- Coconut Creek, FL, USA

Jul 152016

Ranger

I received a letter from Ford in July 2016 informing me that my vehicle was included in the takata recall. I have heard nothing since then. Every time my wife has to ride in my truck, she and I both worry that I might be involved in an accident and she could be injured by the passenger airbag. Would it be safer if I could just have the airbag disconnected?

- Fairhope, AL, USA

Mar 012017

Ranger

Takata recall, Ford Motor Company sent me a letter in the mail stating that there is a recall on my vehicle for the passenger airbag. I received this letter in March of 2017 and as of today Oct,27,2017 there is no solution for the recall. Ford states that my vehicle is safe to drive along as I don't get into an accident that would set of the airbags. The following paragraph is from the letter I received from Ford. [on your vehicle, the passenger frontal airbag inflator may rupture in the event of a crash necessitating airbag deployment. A ruptured inflator may result in metal fragments striking vehicle occupants causing serious injury or death.]

- Elgin, IL, USA

Jan 102017

Ranger

Takata recall. I was informed that I have a takata airbag from tk holdings Inc. But I have not received any recall notice from Ford. The NHTSA recall number is 17V024.

- Columbia, MD, USA

Mar 032017

Ranger

Takata recall, received safety recall on March 3, 2017 it is now October 27, 2017 and Ford Motor Company has yet to notify via mail by mail to schedule a service appointment. I do not allow anyone to ride in the passenger seat because of this danger. I have not had full use of my vehicle for more than seven months.

- Godfrey, IL, USA