9.3

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Taurus:

Oct 132017

Taurus V6

I was driving down a hill on 10/13/17 at 1019am, the steering locked in my 2014 ford Taurus I was unable to steer the vehicle, I had no control. I ended up going into oncoming traffic struck a guardrail and spun around ending up heading back in the opposite direction I was traveling in. Thankfully there was no car coming the other way, the vehicle was not drivable and it ended up being a total loss. I called Ford to report the issue and I was told there was no known issue about steering locking.

- Mary Beth F., Scituate, US

May 132017

Taurus SEL

Problem began intermittently, only occurring a few times a day during a turn. This catches you extremely off-guard when part way through a turn - the force required to turn the wheel changes from easy (power assist) to difficult (manual) to power again unpredictably. This slowly increased over several weeks to being essentially a manual steering car.

Have an appointment next week at the dealership to diagnose, but from everything I see on the internet, will require a full replacement assembly just under $2,000 (Canadian) for the part (not including labor).

Easy to find out about the recall for this problem in this car for years 2011 - 2013. Doesn't appear like it was actually fixed in the 2014.

- Andrew K., Oshawa, ON, Canada

Apr 172017

Taurus Limited 3.5L V6

Power steering failed after starting car and driving 40 miles. Returned after stopping for 10 minutes and restarting the car it returned. Was driving down 1-35 on it decided to go away while driving at 75MPH. Speed helped in this situation as it is easier at high speeds, but was very noticeable.

- Dan S., Norwalk, US