Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 GMC Acadia:

May 272019

Acadia

My husband and I were in a very serious car accident and I'm concerned because our air bags did not deploy. We were traveling on a diagonal street in Chicago and he was going straight. My right front fender hit his right front fender. His air bags deployed but ours did not. The er told me it was likely I hit the steering wheel and it could take up to nine months to heal from having whiplash in my shoulders and neck. My husband has been diagnosed as having a contusion. We hit really hard I was traveling about 25 mph and he was probably doing 45 mph. This is a real safety issue. My air bags may or may not have made the difference but I believe they should have deployed.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Nov 012018

Acadia

I started noticeing when I open my glove box or had someone seating in the passager seat my airbag light would turn on with the engine running. The light would turn on and beep stating service air bag. The light would sometimes stay on or turn off. Once I took my Acadia to the dealership and they ran a bunch of test. At first they couldn┐T determine what the problem was. They determine it was the airbag and that it needed to be replaced. The back seat fastener on the middle seat failed to lock the buckle in place. Had to replace this.

- Petal, MS, USA

Jan 012018

Acadia

The contact owns a 2017 GMC Acadia. While driving at various speeds, the horn did not work. There were no warning indicators illuminated. The vehicle was taken to maxon Buick GMC (2301 U.S. 22, union, NJ 07083, (908) 964-1900). The dealer duplicated the failure and consulted with the chief engineer of the GMC manufacturer who recommended that the steering wheel be replaced with a custom-made steering wheel. The failure recurred after the replacement of the steering wheel. The vehicle was taken back to the same dealer and the technician diagnosed that the air bag needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and the contact waited for feedback. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 500.

- Millburn, NJ, USA

Sep 052017

Acadia

Horn is so hard to push no one in my family can sound horn guys at dealer could not get it to sound without excessive force this is highly dangerous no one at the dealer or GMC will fix it they say it was the way it was designed again very dangerous some one needs to fix this flaw before someone dies in an accident because they were unable to sound horn to avoid collision I would have never imaged buying a brand new car I would have unresolved safety concerns with the answer from GMC and the dealer being we aren't fixing it so I guess you shouldn't drive it that's the fix not to drive my one and only brand new car how about GMC or the dealer making my brand new car safe and fixing their problem!!!!! there needs to be a recall for this horn

- Orient, OH, USA

Jun 142017

Acadia

The 2017 GMC Acadia horn takes an unreasonable amount of force to engage. This has been noted by several users. My spouse had a semi truck come into her lane a day ago and could not get horn to sound to warn other driver. GMC dealership investigated and said its just the way the assembly works in this model. I believe this represents a safety issue as it makes the horn unusable when you need it quickly and without taking your eyes off the road. GM is saying to bad.

- Myrtle Beach, SC, USA