Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 GMC Acadia:

Jul 112019

Acadia

I have several things that has went wrong with my vehicle since I had bought it two months after I got it it was in the shop sometimes whenever I parked it would not restart brake lights will stay on Iżve had my check engine light come service brake light has came on Iżve had the middle seat belt replaced twice nothing stuck in it it just will not latch it is back in the shop now whenever I put it in park it is telling me to shift it into park I had my car for two years and with in the two years it has been in the shop 15 times so much for having a new car and in joying

- Dickinson, TX, USA

May 272019

Acadia

My husband and I were in a very serious car accident and I'm concerned because our air bags did not deploy. We were traveling on a diagonal street in Chicago and he was going straight. My right front fender hit his right front fender. His air bags deployed but ours did not. The er told me it was likely I hit the steering wheel and it could take up to nine months to heal from having whiplash in my shoulders and neck. My husband has been diagnosed as having a contusion. We hit really hard I was traveling about 25 mph and he was probably doing 45 mph. This is a real safety issue. My air bags may or may not have made the difference but I believe they should have deployed.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Nov 012018

Acadia

I started noticeing when I open my glove box or had someone seating in the passager seat my airbag light would turn on with the engine running. The light would turn on and beep stating service air bag. The light would sometimes stay on or turn off. Once I took my Acadia to the dealership and they ran a bunch of test. At first they couldnżT determine what the problem was. They determine it was the airbag and that it needed to be replaced. The back seat fastener on the middle seat failed to lock the buckle in place. Had to replace this.

- Petal, MS, USA

Oct 062017

Acadia

The contact owns a 2017 GMC Acadia. The contact stated that the front driver side seat belt and the second row middle seat belts both failed to retract. The contact took the vehicle to autonation Buick GMC West sahara (6400 w sahara ave, las vegas, nv 89146; 702-605-5808) where it was diagnosed that the seat belts failed and the seat belt system needed to be replaced. The vehicle had not been repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue and opened a case. The manufacturer was unable to confirm if and when the part for the repair would be available. The approximate failure mileage was 1,400.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Mar 072017

Acadia

Stationary, new vehicle possibly inappropriately equipped. A vehicle with a 2nd row bench seat providing seating for 3 with a center occupant seat belt but without head restraint (and no provision for head restraint). I cannot seem to determine if such a configuration does or does not comply with federal regulations. I cannot determine, therefore, whether I am or am not legally allowed to carry a passenger in the middle (inboard) seat.

- Reno, NV, USA