2.1

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 GMC Sierra 1500:

Mar 292019

Sierra 1500

The contact owns a 2009 GMC Sierra 1500. The contact stated that the vehicle hesitated and stalled without warning. The vehicle was taken to serra Chevrolet Cadillac Buick GMC (189 stonebridge blvd, jackson, tn 38305, (888) 380-6149) where they replaced the fuel pump module, cleaned the throttle body, replaced the fuel pump sending unit, and reprogrammed the module. The contact stated that the engine power was reduced due to lack of communication with the fuel pump module. Shortly after the repair, all of the warning indicators flashed, which had not occurred prior to the repair. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 103,000.

- Swartz Creek, MI, USA

Sep 172018

Sierra 1500

The contact owns a 2009 GMC Sierra 1500. While driving 65 mph, the speedometer and the tachometer gauges fluctuated up and down, the air bag and transmission indicators illuminated, and the engine seized. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer to be diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified and informed the contact to call a dealer. The failure mileage was approximately 47,540.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Apr 202018

Sierra 1500

I purchased my truck about 1 year ago and it had 32,00 miles on it, it now has 40,000 miles. Everything was fine with it until about mid-April. I was driving to kalamazoo to see my daughter on I-94 around 72 mph with the cruise control on. I turned on my left turn signal to change lanes to pass the person in front of me and to my dismay my speed dropped drastically as the cruise control disengaged. This happened several times on the way to kalamazoo that day. It also got worse on this trip, sometimes the door locks would lock and unlock, all of the lights on the dashboard turned on and off and every time anything happened the speed dropped, which to me is a safety hazard and should be part of a recall. When I got home the next day, I called levalley GMC to take a look at my truck (where it's been serviced since purchase). When I explained the situation to them, they claimed they never heard of it. That's strange because if this situation is googled, there is a lot of information about what could be wrong. Lo and behold a day and a half later my truck was fixed at a cost of $1069.71 for diagnosis and 3 cables, all positive and negative battery cables. I consider this situation a serious safety issue. I sent a letter to GM customer service. Lou contacted me and left a voice mail with case number 8-4206988703 (6/4/18). I called customer service and spoke with toni also 6/4/18. Toni reviewed the case and asked what I was requesting. I told her that this is a very serious safety matter that should be addressed and I would like to be compensated somehow. Toni stated that there is no recall for this situation and there is nothing that she can do. I told her maybe there should be a recall and I again stated that this is a serious safety issue

- Saint Joseph, MI, USA

Oct 022017

Sierra 1500

Vehicle will randomly show a warning signal for stabiltrack turning off. Then it will cycle door locks up and down, turn on the air bag light, ABS light, and sometimes reduce power to 20 mph. It will also kill the vehicle gauges. Numerous trips to the shop have failed to correct the issue. A quick google search of stabiltrack 2009 Chevy/GMC will show a ton of hits. Due to the safety concerns of these critical systems powering down, this is clearly a safety issue. This occurs while the vehicle is in motion, which makes it more concerning. This issue started with 66K miles and has persisted. Vehicle now has 96K.

- Cleveland, TN, USA

Nov 052016

Sierra 1500

Faulty ignition switch. Can pull ignition key out after starting ignition and with it running.

- Morrilton, AR, USA

Feb 022016

Sierra 1500

All door locks are inoperative. They will not lock or unlock the doors with either the key of the door lock buttons. Just found this website-hence delay in reporting, did contact dealership-cost of repair is astronomical

- Floresville, TX, USA

Feb 222016

Sierra 1500 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 GMC Sierra 1500. While driving at various speeds, the instrument panel lights blinked on and off. The failure also occurred while at a stop light. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer and they replaced the ignition switch and the body control module, but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The approximate failure mileage was 53,843....updated 05/19/16 the consumer stated the airbag SDM module was corroded. The consumer stated the failure should have been corrected under the recall. Updated 11/2/2017

- Rockwood, TN, USA

Mar 172014

Sierra 1500

I'm having electrical/computer problems that started over a year ago and continue to increase. First, my speakers go off and on as they please. The driver side door speaker is the only one that stays on consistently, and it has nothing to do with hitting bumps or anything else. Second, my power looks have gone out. My key fob will still work them and they still lock and unlock when truck is moved between park and drive. But the buttons on the door do not work. I've replaced all the fuses, and still, nothing. Third, my cruise control is going out. On a long drive I used it for half and then the other half it wouldn't even try to come back on. A few days later it worked again.

- Altus, OK, USA

Mar 172014

Sierra 1500

The power door locks won't lock and unlock. I have already replaced one door lock mechanism at my cost. Now a second lock won't function. This is well known by GM. They refuse to recall it. This is a safety issue. GM needs to repair these door locks.

- Rockwall, TX, USA

Aug 012013

Sierra 1500 8-cyl

My driver's door lock actuator has begun working intermittently. This is the second door lock actuator on my vehicle to fail, the first was replaced under warranty and the GM mechanic told me they have replaced numerous actuators. The vehicle automatically locks all doors when driven and unlocks when stopped however the faulty actuator does not always lock or unlock. These actuators have a long history of being defective and GM is aware of it but refuses to recall the faulty actuator even though they have literally replaced thousands of these units. These faulty actuators are a safety concern because in the event of an accident a door could fail to unlock effectively trapping the occupants. The faulty actuators are also a security concern because they could fail to secure the vehicle allowing anyone access to it's contents.

- Arkadelphia, AR, USA

Jul 242013

Sierra 1500

The contact owns a 2009 GMC Sierra 1500. The contact stated that while driving 45 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was towed to dealer to have a diagnostic performed. The contact was advised that the wiring harness assembly was rubbing against the driveshaft, causing the wires to become loose and the vehicle to stall. The dealer changed the wiring harness location and replaced the damaged wires. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 83,000.

- Navarre , FL, USA