2.7

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 GMC Terrain:

Jan 212019

Terrain

The infotainment system screen has went black and says rebooting as I was driving. Then one day as I was backing out of my garage and put it in drive to go, the screen went black and stayed black all the while I was driving. When I put it in park, shut it off and restart it goes back to normal. I have had issues using the usb port inside the armrest as well. If I plug in my MP3 player and the cord gets bumped it shuts off and sometimes I cannot get it to come back on.

- Menasha, WI, USA

Dec 152018

Terrain

Constantly dies. Took it to a shop to see what or why. Its the intake valve timing solenoid. Was told could replace the part but it never really fixes the problem have to take all the heads off and clean the gummed up oil. I have regular oil changes. I even get it taken in for an oil change before my car tells me I need too.

- Lucasville, OH, USA

Oct 012018

Terrain

The whole infotainment system, including backup camera and navigation, is not functioning correctly. According to reports from the GMC dealership and from online blogs, this is a well known systemic problem that GM is not addressing. Safety issues: 1. the backup camera does not work correctly. When I put car in reverse the screen stays black without any view of the area behind the vehicle.. this is dangerous in any vehicle, but especially in the GMC Terrain that is full of blind spots. 2. the radio comes on spontaneously despite being turned ┐off┐. the volume does not respond to the volume control knob. The radio does not turn off after pressing the on/off control. Trying to deal with this radio while driving is extremely distracting and dangerous. The problem started on 10/01/18 and has not resolved on its own. My GMC dealer has seen a lot of similar problems in this vehicle model.

- Southport, NC, USA