Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 GMC Yukon:

Nov 242014

Yukon

Dashboard is cracked in upper left corner of the passenger side airbag. The cracked part is very sharp and will likely year the airbag if it deploys durning a crash, which is a huge safety concern. Also, it seems very brittle and the force of the airbag deployment could send flying shrapnel into passengers faces.

- Farmington, AR, USA

Nov 252013

Yukon

Dash cracked on corner of where the passenger airbag is located. This is a huge safety concern. I'm afraid that it will either prevent the airbag from deploying in a crash, or tear the airbag upon deployment, or worse, shoot projectiles of dash toward my children who are passengers.

- Fayetteville, AR, USA

May 052014

Yukon

The top cover of the dashboard has a crack on the hump above the instrument cluster and on the passenger side. I am concerned that this will affect the performance of the air bag...god forbid that the vehicle may be involved in an accident and the air bag does not deploy correctly. That could be the difference between life and death. The vehicle is a 2009 GMC Yukon, with all the technology and advances GM has made, I would assume that a safety issue of this degree would warrant a recall or immediate attention and responsibility from GM.

- Fresno, CA, USA

May 012013

Yukon 8-cyl

Concern about the safety during a collision or airbag deployment from sharp plastic exposed due to the cracks in the dash cutting the airbag or shards of plastic becoming projectiles potentially causing injury to occupants.

- Katy, TX, USA

Apr 262014

Yukon

The air bag light is on, and steering sound.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Feb 032014

Yukon 8-cyl

February 2014 I had noticed 3 cracks on my dash board, 2 of them being right by the passenger airbag. I have contacted GM to fix the issue before anything bad happens with the air bags. They want me to pay $900 to have this fixed but it is a safety issue. I am in constant worry if my air bags will deploy at any point in time due to the cracks. Or if I happen to get into an accident will my air bags not deploy or will there be a defect in the air bags due to plastic cutting the air bag open on deploy. GM is very aware of this problem as I know 500 cases already with this same issue as they all have the same concern.

- Jacksonville , FL, USA

Jul 012013

Yukon 8-cyl

Crack near passenger airbag, above steering wheel and another starting to form near the initial crack on the passenger side. Called GM customer service and they pretend they have never heard of the problem, though there are hundreds comments on forums/groups online. I am concerned about mine and my family's safety in the event of a collision where the airbags may deploy. Will they deploy properly" will the shards of plastic from the faulty dash cause further injury" GM needs to issue a recall for these vehicles and do the right thing for their consumers by repairing the dashes.

- Timberlake, NC, USA