8.0

$3,000.00

Most common solutions:

2. new transmission (1 reports)
  3. rebuild transmission (1 reports)
  4. replace the transmission (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Honda Accord:

May 232012

Accord EX 4 cyl

About a year ago I decided to get a new car, since the one I owned was getting older and though very reliable started to compile issues. That car was a manual transmission Civic. I traded that car in at 200,000 miles. So since that Civic lasted a long time I thought "why not get another Honda I could pay for one out right with over a hundred thousand miles on it and know that it would last me along amount of time. So I traded mine in for a automatic 2002 accord with 130,000 miles for 6,000 dollars thinking it would last me at least four years. NOPE. Lasted a year exact. The dealership did not give me a warranty and I thought everything would be ok and every time I took it in for regular service the dealership said the transmission was ok. As of today the transmission is slipping. The car just revs and then may finally get into gear. Feels like the car is in neutral. Called dealership and they said it would cost me AT LEAST 3,000 dollars to fix the issue. Found this site and saw how many issues there were with accords that have transmission problems. If only I knew then what I know now. DO NOT BUY AN ACCORD!!! My whole family prides itself for owning Hondas. One of my family members is still driving a 98 accord with 298,000 miles on it. Honda used to be reliable now they are a joke. Now I had to miss work and am currently looking for a dependable used car.

- , Howe, TX, USA

Sep 012010

Accord EX 2.3L

Transmission started sliping at 95,000 miles. Flushing the ATF helped for a while, but problem returned in full force.

- , San Rafael, CA, USA

Feb 032012

Accord SE 4 cyl

when i first noticed the problem, i was driving and the check engine light came on, the D4 light started flashing and the car didn't want to shift. when i was going 30 mph the car was revving at 4000-5000 rpms with no intention of down shifting. so now when i drive it, i have to carefully use my gas pedal and help it shift as well as manually shifting it. it seems to help but the car is definitely not highway safe. i haven't taken it over 35 mph since it happened because i fear the engine would explode if i tried! i took it to o'reillys for a free diagnostic scan and all it gave me was a generic code that i took home and looked up and found about 5 potential things that could be wrong with it. all of them not good, or cheap. my car is a 2002 honda accord with 155k and i have always maintained the car very well. there shouldn't be these kinds of problems with it!

- , Portland, OR, USA

Apr 112012

Accord V6

It won't go forward when I shift into gear. Please Help!!

- , W.Melbourne, FL, USA

Mar 012012

Accord 3.0L

I just bought my car. i have a loan on it not happy at all. When I'm driving down the road the car revs kinda high up to 4 before it shifts in to gear i don't know what is causing the issue and i don't have the money to fix it and my warranty ran out i don't know what to do.

- , Mohawk, NY, USA

Apr 302012

Accord LX 4 cyl

We have a 2002 Accord with 77000Miles on it bought in 2003 with regular service and now Transmission is toast I've had tons of cars and trucks never any transmission problems. It's pretty clear there is a problem here and honda should have a recall or come to the table in some way 4 grand to fix a $6000 car when done, its junk at 77000 miles. Would not buy another.

- , Kenora, Ontario, canada