8.1

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Honda Accord:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.

May 152019

Accord Touring 1.5L Turbo

• CVT transmission

Vehicle auto braking system brakes hard without reason. In center of lane with cruise control on and going about 45 mph with policeman following when vehicle braked hard on its own and for no apparent reason. Glad he had good brakes and reflexes. Second time this has happened. Read up on problem and discovered it to be a common occurrence with my model and with other Hondas. Mechanics at dealership called it a computer glitch. Nothing they can do. Taking it back again to have it on record dealership trying to fix vehicle. This car is dangerous.

- James P., Cartersville, GA, US

Mar 122019

Accord Turbo 2.0t

I was driving on a straight road in downtown Atlanta on a bright sunny dry day. The car came to a complete stop for no reason in an intersection with no car in front of me. I couldn't get the brake pedal up off the floor of the car. After about 5 seconds, the brake released, and I was able to drive again.

Update from Apr 24, 2019: Honda adjusted the front facing camera and the radar system. They said that it was misaligned. SInce then, the car has been driving much better.

Feb 132019

Accord Turbo 2.0t

car applied the brakes by itself on State Route 400 in North Fulton County, GA. There is a new 'shoulder lane' that has been added , but in order to drive in that lane, you have to cross a solid white line. The car apparently thought that I was running off the road, and stopped in order to save me. ??????? Except I was in a legal lane on the road.

Apr 012019

Accord Turbo 2.0t

Car came to a stop on a road on an overcast dry day. It was at the point where the road went from one lane to two lanes. I moved into the new right hand lane, and the car didn't like that.

Jan 162019

Accord Turbo 2.0t

Car came to a stop on a busy state route during my morning rush hour commute. The car in front of me had applied the brakes, but I had plenty of room, and could have applied the brakes myself.

Jul 102018

Accord LX

CMBS engages for no apparent reason. luckily this happened @ low rate of speed. multiple messages appear on dash; hill start assist problem, electric parking brake malfunction, brake hold system problem, transmission system problem all followed by "see your Dealer immediately.' computer analysis by Dealer shows "no codes" & everything resets upon restarting. No fix applied. Now have great anxiety about driving car @ freeway speeds & am currently turning off ALL Safety system sensors when operating vehicle.

- twojo, Yorkville, US

Jun 152018

Accord LX

leaving shopping plaza @ low rate of speed. Cars CMBS engages for no apparent reason. Transmission will not shift out of 1st gear. Dash exhibits message of "System failure, see Dealer immediately." proceed to dealership @ approximately 20MPH. Dealer does computer analysis,no codes found. On restarting,system resets.

- twojo, Yorkville, US

Apr 082019

Accord Sport 2.0L

I was cruising down the highway at 90 KM/h when suddenly the car stops abruptly for no reason.. It was such a hard stop that it hurt my neck, luckily there was noone behind me or I wouldn't be posting this right now, I would have defiantly had a terrible car crash..

It was such a scary feeling.. Imagine going so fast and the car stops in mere seconds and there might be traffic behind you.. That is a recipe for a fatal car crash.

This is the second time this happened to me, Honda is aware of this problem but just like their Takata Airbag fiasco, they will need people to die over this for them to take it serious.

Seriously Honda, shame on you.

To make things worse than they are, you can disable forward collision mitigation but every time you turn off the car and turn it on, it resets and activates again.. If you don't plan on fixing it at least give us a permanent way to disable the god damn deathtrap..

I am scared to take my accord on highways now, this NEEDS to be brought to light more.. We are talking life and death here..

- Mike A.,

Mar 312019

Accord Sport 2.0t

Honda 2018 Sport T2.0 Emergency brake system defected! I purchased my cars about 4 months ago and noticed some issues as soon as I left the dealership.

First there's no Mileage digital speedometer, only kilometer. As soon as you switch to miles it disappears.

Second, the car play audio system often times resets itself while in driving mode , also resets often when gear is shifted. Also audio sound disappears a lot while the song keeps playing. have to disconnect and reconnect the phone in order for the music to come back on.

Third, lane sensor system is completely defected as well and cannot be trusted for a second, the worst is the car pool lane, in California is a yellow lane and the car automatically pulls towards it. it obviously cannot detect yellow lines.

Today something new happened and completely changed the game for me: The car emergency brakes were activated for no reason out of nowhere while I was driving 90MPH! All my stuff was thrown from the back seat to the front and I got seriously injured by the seat belt that was pushed against me! Let me make it clear... there were no cars before me or around me! Thank God for having no cars behind me either or this situation could have ended differently.

I drove the car to the dealership and left the keys over there until they figure it out or give me a different car. I'm scared to drive it again.

- Yuli E., Los Angeles, CA, US

Jan 212019

Accord EX-L

• CVT transmission

After my "Brake System" light came on and the dealership denied it even though I had record of it, my car decided to see how fast it could hit the brakes. I was driving on the US-60 in Phoenix, Arizona with adaptive cruise control on, traveling at 65 mph during morning rush hour, so it’s still dark, on a 6 lane freeway. I can see brake lights far ahead, so I lightly tap my brakes to disengage ACC and slightly slow the car down. The car had other plans and the brakes COMPLETELY LOCKED UP like it was using the emergency braking for collision mitigation— but no warning/info showed on the dashboard as it normally does when emergency systems engage. So basically my car decided it wanted to slam on its brakes in the middle of a busy freeway, near bumper to bumper traffic, all because I lightly touched the brakes-- It was not abrupt, it was not a hard push... it was literally to turn off ACC. I watched the rear view mirror as the SUV behind me was about to put my trunk in the engine compartment, but thankfully they were able to swerve into the HOV lane next to us. They barely missed me and if that open spot was not there for them, I’d likely be seriously injured or dead.

Honda has ignored my messages and it's time to let our government know this car has issues.

- Drake L., Gilbert, AZ, US

Jul 012018

Accord LX 1.5t

• CVT transmission

Thanks for Honda Sending, my car brakes automatically, sometimes while I am 50-100ft away from the car in front of me.

- Elvis G., Brooklyn, NY, US

Oct 092018

Accord Sport 1.5L Turbo

On 10/9/18, I was traveling on I-70 between Columbia and St. Louis, MO, when my car suddenly slammed on its brakes automatically, and then became briefly unresponsive. I was in the left lane and there was some object (like a metal canister, approx. 1.5 ft in diameter, 4 ft tall) standing up partially on the shoulder and partially on the road. I could have easily swerved around it with no problem at all, buy the collision mitigation and braking system chose to slam on the brakes, leaving me vulnerable to a huge semi truck that had to suddenly swerve around me and came as close as one could possibly get without hitting me. It scared the living daylights out of me. And immediately behind that truck was a second truck which also had to quickly swerve around me. It was a miracle that I wasn't vaporized by either of those 2 trucks! I would have been much safer without that "safety feature!" And, to make it worse, in this situation your immediate reaction is to hit the gas pedal in order to escape any traffic behind you. But, the car conveniently goes limp for a few moments and does not respond until it "recovers." Extremely dangerous "safety feature!" I spoke with the service people at the Honda Dealership. They are aware of the problem, but they say there's no fix and not much one can do besides turning off the collision mitigation and braking system.

- Gregory C., Saint Louis, US

Nov 042018

Accord

I was driving down the road at 75 miles per hour and then my brakes engaged. Enough to have me touch the steering wheel. Then, about an hour later, all of my indicator warning lights came on (and are still one). ACC, Anti-collision, low tire pressure, braking system light, lane indicator. The car is drivable but is it safe?

I brought it to the dealer yesterday who came out and told me I hit something. Now I know I would've hit something and I didn't. They didn't know what to do and said they would have to take it apart to figure things out and will let me know how much it will cost. AND they said this is not a warranty item. Bad Service, Bad Car

I need to get rid of this NEW and Beautiful car. This is a safety issue that could have caused death had someone (a tractor trailer) been following me. MAJOR SAFETY ISSUE and I do not know how or what to do to get it fixed.

- Tony L., Hanover, PA, US

Oct 252018

Accord Touring 2.0T 2.0t

Driving down the street 55 miles an hour on a clear day. Car randomly slams on brake and has brake light show up on dash. Seat belts locked up injuring passengers. Lucky no one was around us or would've caused a accident.

- Chayn K., Elpaso, US

Aug 282018

Accord Touring 2.0t

Scared the crap out of me. Traveling along, not a vehicle within 500 feet of my vehicle to the front or the rear. No vehicles traveling near me in the opposite direction either. Was traveling at 40 mph and the car locked up the brakes on me to a complete stop. Very unsettling. I got out just to make sure that I didn't hit anything that I didn't see. Alas, there was nothing, just the car acting stupid.

- Greg F., Homer Glen, IL, US

Sep 022018

Accord EX-L 1.5t

It happened to me twice on highway today and thank God there weren't any car behind me. Out of nowhere car started beeping and braked itself from 60 to 40mph. Also, one time my Navigation and radio went off without any warning. I'm little worried about the car. Any thoughts?

- L T., New York City, NY, US

Jun 122018

Accord Touring 2.0L V6

Collision mitigation system has triggered one or twice weekly since I picked car up 2 months ago. Some false alarms are understandable e.g. cornering on a narrow road w/ lots of objects in field of view near roadside.

But it's happened most alarmingly at posted highway speeds w/ no cars or signs around and flat, dry road on a sunny day. God help me if it occurs in a snow-covered road!

Definitely something wrong here because my 2014 Toyota Avalon only did this 3-4 times in 4 years!

Love everything else about the car though.

- Chris R., Solon, OH, US