Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Honda Accord:

Sep 012019

Accord

My 2018 Honda Accord sport crash mitigation system is not working correctly at highway speed with no vehicles around the brakes apply hard at times taking the car from 65 miles an hour down to 40 mph in just a few seconds on one occasion I almost got rear ended by a tractor trailer Honda says there's nothing they can do about

- Mullica Hill, NJ, USA

Aug 012019

Accord

Honda's collision mitigation system shuts down, disallowing cruise control and all safety features that are included in the collision mitigation system. Dealer cannot find cause. Turning off the car and restarting it resets it, but when it turns off, there is no clear factor as to why it happened. There is a safety risk if you are using cruise control, as it could fail to brake when the car in front of you slows down. It has happened 4 or 5 times in the past 8 months since I bought it brand new.

- Camarillo, CA, USA

Mar 102019

Accord

All the lights in the dashboard start flashing and the message was take it to the dealer right now. This is a 5th time it happens I took it back to the dealer and they replaced the multiplex controlled unit module

- Parlin, NJ, USA

Apr 292019

Accord

During stop and go traffic, car braked causing the person behind me to rear-end me. This had happened one other time before, luckily the car behind me wasn't following too closely and I was going less than 30mph. A couple weeks after that while going highway speeds and wet road conditions, a warning light came on stating there was a problem with the collision mitigation braking system and to see dealer. Once that warning comes on cruise control also disengages. This warning light has come on one other time, while driving highway speeds with dry road conditions. If the car is restarted the warning resets and all systems are up and functioning again.

- Mounds View, MN, USA

May 022019

Accord

Catastrophic failure. Turned vehicle off, noticed alarm did not work. Hours later tried to enter car and noted the following: Trunk will not open, doors except for driver will not open, turn signals do not work, no high beams, all mitigations systems offline, brake system failure, back up camera doesn't work. Thank goodness experienced driver could get it home and/or I was not far from home with vehicle. Said car is less than a year old and has 10K mileage.

- Woodbine, MD, USA

May 092019

Accord

Collision mitigation braking system problem which causes the adapted cruise control to deactivate itself all of a sudden when driving in high or low speed traffic, happens on highway or regular street, all kinds of weather conditions from rain to sunshine. Very scary especially while going on I-95 in high traffic that is all moving very fast. Has happened at least a dozen if not more times and the dealership could not find a resolution. Taking it again next Wednesday 5/15/19.

- Merritt Island, FL, USA

Apr 282019

Accord

While driving on the freeway, the vehicle front collision system stopped the car randomly causing a potential hazard. It is doing it intermittently with nothing in front of the vehicle

- Racine, WI, USA

Apr 122019

Accord

Collision mitigation braking system goes out for no reason and shuts off automatic cruise control. Have to restart car to reset. Has occurred on three occasions. I have 10,000 miles on the car, but don't use acc much since most of my driving is in the city. Happened on long distance trips on freeway. Going 70 mph.

- Anderson, SC, USA

Apr 202019

Accord

On multiple occasions, while driving on the highway, my 2018 Accord has unexpectedly braked when there was no object/car in front of me. When there is car stopped in front of me, the sensors do not kick in for emergency assisted braking. Something is definitely not right with this car.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Feb 252019

Accord

Cmbs problem... was driving on the highway yesterday when the "collision mitigation breaking system" light came on and that disabled the acc I was using. Nothing particular happened, maybe I was braking at the time. I arrived at destination. Turn the car off and back again right away to see the warning light disappear and everything back to normal. I thought I was ok but it happened few hours later on the way back in the same circumstances.

- South Richmond Hill, NY, USA

Jan 252019

Accord

Vehicle running, both driving and stationary, dash indicated three warnings: "adaptive cruise control system problem", "collision mitigation braking problem", "road departure mitigation problem". all three systems were nonfunctional. Dealer advised to drive through a car wash before coming in for repair. The car wash appears to have worked, but this is absurd! every time it rains or car is dirty, the safety features don't work? didn't see this disclosure when I bought the car or when I paid for these features.

- Mckean, PA, USA

Jan 032019

Accord

Takata recall I was driving going grocery shopping when I noticed my vehicles stability control began to activate at random times and no rain/snow was present on the ground. I turned the ignition of and on to see if the problem was fixed but only notice the same thing was repeatedly happing.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Dec 032018

Accord

As I was pulling out the garage from the san francisco international airport heading towards the highway to san francisco the miles per hour is 30 entering and then 65 mph when you get on highway. The dash board indicates the wrong miles for speed it said 100 mph. It stayed like that for more than 5 mins. I already had a previous situation with this vehicle where the braking systems engaged as I was on highway in 05/13/2018, and almost caused my life and others behind me, there was significant damage from being rear ended and over 18K worth of damage but Honda dealer keep saying nothing was found faulty! I had them turn żoffż all safety modes cause IżM afraid it will happen again but it keeps coming back żonż. it yanked me several times when no other car is around me. The braking light appeared several times already since I got it back, and it's like they donżT believe you. Now after all this IżM stuck with a faulty car IżM really thinking about getting a lawyer on this. And my speakers seem not to be right either the sounding is very low compared to when I got it. Only 2000 miles and this car been a pain. Physically and mentally! and did I mention that my airbags didnżT work from first incident I reported. After car was crushed in from being hit from behind. Nope they failed too.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Jun 202018

Accord

1. car multimedia unit (with a touch-screen) randomly freezes and restarts itself. It happened to me 9 times already since I bought a car in June 2018. If you use navigation system or need screen for other activities while you driving - you are in trouble, because you will lose all the content you had on the screen before the restart and it will distract you from the driving. After restart system is very slow and it forces you to accept legal declaimer while you driving! two times it just froze without restart and I had to stop the car, turn the engine off and on again, to remove the problem. Very annoying and also not safe because it distracts you. One time it happened while I was backing up using rear view camera, which almost caused an accident. This happens randomly, mainly when I'm driving. It happens when devices are attached to the multimedia unit and without any devices being attached or used. It happens at night and day time and I doubt it is related to overheating. It can happen during long drive as well as 5-10 minutes after the engine start. No visible pattern here. Ocean Honda of burlingame dealership in bay area is not helpful and totally not professional. Been there twice, no luck. They didn't even try to replicate the issue properly always trying to search for fault in my actions or blame compatible devices attached to cigarette power slot. American Honda advised me to video record this activity while I'm driving !!!! still no resolution. Very disappointed in Honda 2. sensors are not properly setup because it "thinks" that there's a car ahead of you if sensor detect shadow on a road, etc. Car applied breaks few times without a reason. Didn't go to dealership with this problem yet.

- San Mateo, CA, USA