8.0

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Honda Accord:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.

Jan 142019

Accord Sport 2.0t

Ok, so I didn't notice this problem previously, but this was my first long road trip in the vehicle and on the return trip I noticed that at highway speeds, when initially turning the steering wheel left or right from neutral, it would stick and require more force to initially get the steering wheel out of it's neutral position. The biggest problem is that the force required to do so causes the car to jerk in that direction once the steering wheel has been freed from it's neutral position. It doesn't seem to stick in any other steering position and it doesn't seem to happen at low speeds. The jerking can be significant, especially when traveling at highway speeds. I haven't taken this to the dealer yet, but I will soon.

- aviat443, Carnegie, US

Oct 012018

Accord EX

Steering was fine for a few months after purchase, but then it started to stick and release with a jerk from the left over and over and over while driving 40 mph and above. It is especially difficult to drive long distances at 65-70 mph. Have had it looked at twice leaving car overnight both times. First time the mechanic was able to duplicate my concern and car was returned to me as repaired, but it was not. The second time the mechanic was unable to duplicate my concern and car was returned with no repair made. I am seriously considering trading in this brand new car with only 13,000 mi as it seems this problem cannot be fixed and the steering feels unsafe.

- Edie Y., Boiling Springs, PA, US