Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Honda CR-V:

Dec 012017

CR-V

Car horn do not work, controls on car steer wheel does not work.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Jun 012017

CR-V

While driving on the interstate in warm weather I heard a loud explosion like something had hit the car. I pulled the car over and did not see any damage. Later that day I discovered that the sunroof was shattered. I did not have it elevated or open while driving. Luckily the protector was closed so I was not injured. I have read in consumer reports that this is a issue with vehicles. I do not see how a rock or anything could have smashed my sunroom. It would have had to come down vertically. I found no foreign debris among the glass. It cost me a $500 deductible to have it fixed.

- Charleston, SC, USA

Dec 052017

CR-V

My sunroof suddently exploded and left a really big hole when I was driving on freeway and it was very windy outside. I checked and saw there was nothing falling down that can caused the glass broken. The glass was pushed up and outward. The slider was closed when it exploded

- Anaheim, CA, USA

Oct 202017

CR-V

I was driving along and heard a loud pop, which startled my wife and infant son. There were no other cars around so I slowly opened the sunroof visor and noticed the glass was shattered.

- Leesburg, VA, USA

Jul 212016

CR-V

When stopped (for instance, at a traffic light, or at a stop sign) and idling with foot on the brake, the car begins to shudder. It is so strong, it hurts. Even the children in the back seat noticed it. If I shift to neutral while waiting for the light to change, it mostly stops shuddering. What is the fix? this is a new car. This is almost all the time !! it is an ongoing condition.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Sep 082017

CR-V

Once my car hit approx. 15000 miles the TPMS keeps coming on. I have taken it to Honda several times and every time I get it back they say everything is fine, I.e no slow leaks etc.. but shortly there after sometimes the next day the light will come back on. Most recently I drove for about a month with no issues but then this week it came back on. I went and the tire pressure checked and it was within a 1lb of where it should be. I am able to recalibrate, button on dash and the light will go off. Honda insists it is just very sensitive. I have read about multiple complaints on the internet. Clearly there is something wrong with this TPMS system. What is the point of having it if you can't trust what it is telling you.

- Aurora, IL, USA

Apr 202017

CR-V

My 2016 CRV has a strong odor of unburned fuel. It is so strong it prevents us from driving. The odor can be smelled inside and outside the vehicle.

- Louisville, TN, USA

Oct 012016

CR-V

The inside of my 2016 CR-V smells like gas, my former 2015 had the same problem. The dealership has no clue what is wrong, they told me to switch brand of gas, it did nothing. Also the seats vibrate while idling, again the dealership doesn't know what to do.

- Savage, MN, USA

Mar 272017

CR-V 4-cyl

Only when the vehicle is stationary, and the HVAC system is on (A/C on / off is not relevant) does the cabin begin to fill with the smell of gasoline (not exhaust, but unburned fuel).

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Jan 072017

CR-V

In late November/early December, I began to smell gasoline fumes in the cabin of my 2016 Honda CRV. The problem has replicated after the vehicle has been driven for at least 20 minutes and then left idling. On January 7th when my car was dropped off at lia, I received a phone call within an hour stating that they replicated the smell. Lia Honda had my car for 35 days. On February 10th, they contacted me and told me they had not been able to replicate and I needed to pick up my vehicle. On February 21, I met with the district manger who stated that it is a known issue with 2016 Honda crvs but there is not currently a fix.after speaking with his field engineer, the dm said they currently have 46 cases of gasoline fumes entering the passager cabin. Honda corporate also admitted that they currently do not have a fix for the fumes being released into the passenger cabin. Lia Honda replaced the charcoal canister in an attempt to fix the release of fumes into the vehicle. On March 18, the fumes returned after an attempted repair. On March 20, lia refused to service my vehicle.

- Niagara Falls, NY, USA

Feb 252017

CR-V

Strong smell of gas in my new 2016 Honda CR-V when I start it up and it smells for awhile while driving it then when I stop and start I smell it all over again. I'm worried about the safety of driving this car. Read online a lot of 2016 Honda CR-V owners have the same issue with no resolve after taking it to the Honda dealer. I'm taking mine to the dealer on Monday but very worried this could be a safety issue that could involve a fire or worse. I'm planning on driving this vehicle on a long trip this summer now im very concerned for our safety. Very disappointed in Honda and purchasing this new vehicle. I bought a new vehicle so I do not have car problems.

- Hatfield, PA, USA

Aug 022016

CR-V

At random times there is a strong fuel smell/ exhaust smell in the interior of the car when vehicle is running. Smell is noticed on some start up coming from vents. Other times while in motion or stationary, a strong fuel smell/exhaust smell in interior of vehicle. Odor first notice around August 2016 and still continues. Mileage on veh when first noticed around 15000

- Duanesburg, NY, USA

Jan 012017

CR-V

Strong gasoline smell in the cockpit and in the garage. This is especially evident when starting or stopping.

- Grand Ledge, MI, USA

Feb 142017

CR-V

Strong fuel smell in the cabin of the car when I first start driving. Been noticing it daily over past several weeks.

- Gilberts, IL, USA

Feb 102017

CR-V

Purchased a 2016 CR-V in November 2016 and within a day the cabin of our brand new vehicle fills with noxious gas fumes from a cold start. The fumes are very strong, after driving the car the fuel smell will lessen and on occasion the smell will dissipate completely. The smell was so strong we had to roll the windows down. The vehicle has been in the service department three times. First time they could not duplicate the smell. This attempt was not from a cold start. Second time we left the car overnight so they could evaluate from a cold start. The service tech stated he could smell the odor in the cabin. Honda tech was called by the technician and I had to complete an online questionnaire about the complaint. The service writer said at this time there is no fix for the problem and we could take our car home and wait for Honda to reply. Third time we basically said we did not want this car if you cannot fix it and they gave us a loaner car, a 2015 CR-V which does not have any odor. Still waiting on the dealership to call us with a solution. This was our first Honda purchase. Really wish I would have stuck with my previous car manufacturer.

- Ravenna, OH, USA

Dec 242016

CR-V

Gasoline smell in cab. We have had a strong gasoline odor the last few months in the cab of our 2016 Honda CR-V. the Honda dealer has not heard of this happening but there are quite a few class action lawsuits against Honda for this same issue. Honda, please figure this out so we don't die! www.crvownersclub.com/forums/98-2012-2016-official-specs-features-etc-gen-4/110761-2016-Honda-CRV-gas-smell-fills-cabin-very-strong.html https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/343631-Honda-class-action-filed-unfixed-CR-V-gas-odor-problem/

- Circle Pines, MN, USA

Jan 232017

CR-V

There is a strong noxious gasoline smell filling the cabin when operating the vehicle. Apparently Honda has know of this issue for some time and has received numerous complains about the problem in the last year. Despite this, they knowing sold us the vehicle without disclosing this potential problem. I took it to the dealer we bought it from (hopkins Honda in Minnesota) and they confirmed the smell and acknowledged that this is a confirmed problem, but stated that there is no fix and that Honda is trying to find a solution. In the meantime my family and I are forced to inhale this fumes while operating the vehicle which has resulted in headaches and nausea. I am extremely concerned about the health of my family.

- Chaska, MN, USA

Jan 122017

CR-V

Takata recall does my Honda have a takata air bag.

- Springfield, TN, USA

May 302016

CR-V

Since the date of purchase we have smelled fuel within the passenger area coming from the fresh air vents. We must actually air out our garage (which has no other sources of gasoline within) in order to get the smell out of the garage. This process becomes very difficult during our Wisconsin winter. The dealership implied that they are waiting for a fix to the problem but american Honda motor co. In California believes the vehicle is performing as expected. At no time is the odor of fuel or exhaust in the passenger cabin acceptable or safe.

- Hartford, WI, USA

Oct 252016

CR-V

Vehicle "stalls" when: Backing out of driveway when accelerating after slowing down when making left or right turns after stopping or slowing down stalling does not occur every single time but occurs regularly. One one occation stall occured while making a left turn resulting confusion between driver in oncoming traffic and myself as I could not control the vehicle stall duration is between 1 to 3 seconds and it seems to be getting longer as the parts or system components are wearing. Stalls occur mostly in city driving I suspect that the trouble is within the "drive by wire" or the cvt

- Mililani Town, HI, USA