9.2

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Honda CR-V:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.

Dec 212018

CR-V EX-L 1.5L Turbo Charged

• CVT transmission

When I noticed the heater/defroster not working, I also saw the complaint of gas smell on the dipstick so I checked. I have 4,500 miles on the car not quite ready for an oil change. I definitely smell gas in the oil.

I called McLarty Honda of Little Rock and told the service department of the issue and they informed me it's normal to smell gas in the oil in a new vehicle. I disagreed with him and proceeded to tell him I knew there was an issue with 2017's and that this vehicle must have the same issue. He told me there was no issue or recall on my vin#. I'm so sick of these guys thinking consumers are stupid and don't research these things. Of course there is nothing I can do if Honda does nothing to rectify this problem! So they changed the oil ....oh my gosh, so now I will check the freaking oil every week until I smell gas in it again and once again return to the dealership with the same issue.

I have driven Hondas all my life and never had these kinds of issues! I don't understand how Honda can roll out 2018's with the same engine issue as 2017's! I called American Honda to let them know of the issues and they told me the oil change was all they could do ...there is an issue but no fix so no solution to my problem. WTF I'm supposed to drive my new $30,000 vehicle and add excessive wear/tear on the engine because you won't fix it!!! I'm pissed last Honda I'll buy! I've started a complaint with Arkansas Attorney General....Lemon Law maybe...

- Rhonda F., Little Rock, AR, US

Oct 012018

CR-V EX-L 1.5L

Smelled gas in the cabin, checked the engine oil level and it was over the high mark. Brought into dealer, they acknowledged the problem of oil/gas dilution due to the bad engine design, but only temporary fix was an oil change, which they did. Waiting for a "permanent" fix from Honda. The car was driven for 25 miles each way, so it was not just short trips that caused the issue. Honda needs to stop blaming consumers for their sh*tty engine. I will never buy another Honda again, screw you Honda.

- Nhat N., Chicago, US

Nov 252018

CR-V EX 1.5L

• CVT transmission

click to see larger images

fuel in oil

I purchased this CRV a little over 3 months ago; so happy about my first Honda! Then I read a lot of complaints about its fuel in oil problem. I rushed to check mine, hoping I could be spared. No such thing! The oil level is obviously above the maximum, and the smell is awful gas smell. Previously I sensed such smell now and then and didn't think it was a big problem and the engine could be harmed. Now I am waiting for any fix coming from Honda. Or I will have to sell this car and call it my first and last Honda ever. Extremely disappointed.

- Vivian Y., Lynnwood, WA, US

May 232018

CR-V Touring 1.5L T

• CVT transmission

We bought this NEW CAR THINKING----now we can go on a long road trip,WRONG,now we are afraid to leave town for fear the engine will stop because of the over fill of the oil caused by the gas leaking into the engine, Honda says,nothing wrong, what a joke Honda has become, either they are not willing to fix the problem or they don't know how, I live in Indiana where it gets hot and also cold, we bought the car in the month of May when it was 80 degrees and the problem started in the first 500 miles and is still continuing to this day and the temp is now 28 degrees so the temp has nothing to do with the problem, it's the engineering problem that they know nothing about

- Wally F., West Lafayette, IN, US

Mar 152018

CR-V EX

By this point, we are two oil changes in within a couple weeks.

Honda Case Mgr called back on 3/2 and said they talked to a tech at the dealer to get my info. Said this issue is caused by the cold and will disappear as it warms up. Under review for a repair, working on since mid-January, will warranty all oil changes, check my oil every couple days (yes, every couple days). Assured I won't be forgotten when there is a resolution, they are waiting on engineers for the fix, and have a list of all people with the issue. Thanked me for my patience, of which I've been VERY patient and kind. I asked for weekly updates, even if there is not a status to provide.

3/3 - I'm 50 miles away shopping and I start smelling faint gas fumes again.

3/4-3/6 - We take a chance and travel 350 miles on a weekend getaway. We had some fuel fumes, but nothing horrible. Just what has become the usual.

3/12 - Got home after bringing my daughter to dance class, put car in the garage. Husband went in the garage about 30 minutes later, told me I better move it outside, garage reeked of gas. Keep in mind the temps have been in the 20 and 30s now.

3/15 - Oil Change #3. Oil over full. Oil and filter changed, advised nothing new from Honda, they know as much as we know. Keep checking the oil. Since the one call from my case mgr, I have received no additional follow ups.

- Michelle M., Willow River, US