Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Honda Civic:

Oct 152016

Civic

The contact owns a 2009 Honda Civic. While driving 50 mph, the vehicle hydroplaned. The contact overcorrected and loss control of the steering. As a result, the vehicle crashed into a power line and rolled over. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained minor injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to a towing yard. The contact called maita Honda at (916) 969-6151 (located at 6100 greenback ln, citrus heights, ca 95621) and was informed that the vehicle was not included in a recall. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 130,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Galt, CA, USA

Aug 072017

Civic

Side airbag needs to be replaced based on dealer diagnostic

- Fort Lee, NJ, USA

Jan 282017

Civic

The contact owns a 2009 Honda Civic. After a passenger entered the vehicle and fastened the front passenger seat belt, the contact heard a loud noise and saw smoke emitted from the front passenger seat belt. There was no visible fire or burning odor. The fire department was not contacted. The vehicle was taken to Honda of fayetteville (1384 w showroom dr, fayetteville, ar 72704). A diagnostic test was not performed, but an unknown component was replaced. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. After starting the vehicle, the air bag indicator illuminated and another indicator illuminated, indicating that the passenger air bag was off. The vehicle was taken to Honda of fayetteville again where it was diagnosed that the SRS unit failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failures. The approximate failure mileage was 17,000.

- Fayetteville, AR, USA

May 312017

Civic

Takata recall. I received a safety recall notice in March 2017 and have contacted Honda of santa monica, 1414 18th street, santa monica, ca 90404-2804, phone (310) 264-4900, to make an appointment to replace the airbag inflator. The dealer has not responded to my repeated requests for an appointment.

- Santa Monica, CA, USA

Apr 132017

Civic

Takata recall. I have received notice that the airbag inflator has to be repaired/replaced in my Honda. I will not under any circumstances use any of the Honda dealers/service centers in my area because they all discriminate against the disabled (I am disabled). I have asked Honda to allow me to use my own service station instead. They have refused. This is an important safety issue and Honda's primary concern should be to fix this problem but they seem unwilling to do so in this case. Furthermore, since they have refused to take any action against the dealerships, it is my belief that Honda condones discrimination against the disabled.

- Clifton, NJ, USA

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jan 102017

Civic

Takata recall: As of October of 2016 I have been to pensacola Honda to try and get my recall complete. The first appointment they made me aware that I would have to order a part since the housing was broken, so I did. The 2nd appointment they informed me that the part was still in and I was given incorrect information. It is now April and I have not received any follow ups nor have I gotten my recall taken care of. I am unable to drive my Honda due to fear of the defect and I have a newborn baby so no one could ever ride in the passenger seat with me. I have attempted calling them several times and am always unable to get responses or call backs. So any help at all would be grateful. How can I get Honda to take care of my car"?"

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Sep 012016

Civic

Takata airbag. Contacted dealer months ago to schedule fix and remedy still not available.

- Alhambra, CA, USA

Aug 302016

Civic

Takata inflators. The airbag light came on. I took my car to the dealer to be checked out and they informed me that the issue appears to be be the front driver's side airbag.

- Annapolis, MD, USA

Nov 202015

Civic

The contact owns a 2009 Honda Civic. While driving at any speed, the driver side air bag semi inflated intermittently without warning. The vehicle was driven to the dealer, but was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 111,000.

- Longboat Key, FL, USA

Jan 102017

Civic

Takata recall. I was involved in an accident 1/10/17. My car was hit head on with a truck, 2001 GMC. The car was totaled and the report noted that the airbag never deployed.

- Valencia, PA, USA

Jul 202016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Civic. The contact stated that the air bag warning indicator intermittently illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Fernandina Beach, FL, USA

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Laurinburg, NC, USA

Dec 022016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Civic. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags) was received in May. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be provided. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jul 012016

Civic

Takata recall. Honda gave notification in July 2016 that the passenger airbag needed to be replaced. "Honda suggests that you avoid having a passenger sit in the front passenger's seat until the recall repair can be performed." This is unacceptable. Honda said that "the remedy parts needed to conduct passenger frontal airbag inflator recalls will become available in late summer/fall of 2016." It is now November and parts are still not available. This is unacceptable. Honda needs to provide a replacement vehicle if they cannot provide the necessary repairs in a timely manner.

- Provo, UT, USA

Civic

Takata recall. Recalled in may and it is 6 months later and no action for a repair. Was told I would get another letter in late summer or fall. Granted it's still fall but we are two thirds through fall and I've heard nothing.

- Little River, SC, USA

Jul 212016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Los Gatos, CA, USA

Jul 012016

Civic

Takata recall--I received a letter from Honda about a recall on my 2009 Honda Civic NHTSA recall 16V-346. It stated that propellant wafers in some of the inflators my degrade over time, which could cause injury to the passenger, and not to allow anyone to ride in the passenger seat. This was in July 2016. The recall is still not repairable according to the website. Four months is excessive to ask me to not use my passenger seat!! I need the car fixed, so my passenger will be safe.

- Carrollton, GA, USA

May 092016

Civic

Takata recall - I was informed in may that my car was part of the takata recall. The letter stated there should be replacement parts in by the end of the summer. I live in houston, Texas, a very hot and humid city. I was informed that cars in hot humid cities are most at risk of the bags going off when they should not. Considering I live in such a hot, humid city is is very concerning that it is November and Honda has still not informed me that a replacement part is in so I can get my car fixed. It should not take this long to remedy a dangerous air bag defect. If I'm at a danger driving my car at all I want to know and I want this fixed.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jun 202016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The interim recall notice did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Lilburn, GA, USA