8.0

Most common solutions:

1. repaint (3 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Honda Civic:

Jan 012015

Civic

HUGE cloudy paint "bald spots" on cars roof. Crackling in clear coat of paint everywhere else besides the doors. Took into Honda, said it would be covered by the warranty. Took it to the recommended body shop and they told me they would charge me 20%, which would be about $600. $600 for something that is NOT MY FAULT?!?!?!?!?! Shame on me for assuming I could keep my car for 6 years and it not end up looking like a total crap pile.

- Samantha R., la Jolla, US

Aug 062017

Civic EX

click to see larger images

paint fading paint fading paint fading paint fading paint fading paint fading

I bought my Honda Civic EX 2012 back in May 2011. In the past few months I have begun to notice a significant amount of a cloudy color on the roof and now it looks like it cracking, also on the hood and on the trunk I notice a cloudy spot. The last time when I took my car for battery problem I ask the guy who was helping if there was any paint defects on the Civic and he wasn't aware of any.

- Luzelena E., Arleta, US

Mar 012016

Civic LX 1.8L V4

click to see larger images

paint fading

My decision to purchase a Honda was based on my assumption that Honda maintained higher quality than other makes of vehicles. Since the paint is coming off of a 5 yr old 2012 Honda Civic I will consider other options such as Hyundai on my next purchase.

- Matthew C., Gulf Breeze, USA

Jun 302015

Civic SI 2.4L

Honda has denied talking to me on not just the paint issues but oil leak and transmission issues. Honda's Customer service has ignored me and failed to follow up. Dealerships have failed to fix prior problems with this vehicle. I am never buying another Honda again.

- Daniel R., Loveland, USA